View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 634 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1345345846246326336346356366446847341134 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    LOL, How do you survive life, lmao? I dont train cage fighters, hmmmm, stupid! like I said, sway the conversation however you wish... 1-0 huhhhhh, for having such few victories, arent you a lil pre-mature with the ego .

cs
    No sh1t you don't train cage fighters. It's evident in everything you say.

I've only been open for about a year. You, in your 35 years, have yet to produce what I did in 12 months.

hence, my point.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-17-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Great heros? Are you on crack? Rio Heros is a NHB fighting league. You are as ignorant about MMA as you are headstrong about CMA.

My school is 1-0 in cage fights.

What's your school's record, again?
    Your not impressing anyone! Lets see your ass in the cage knocking the F out of people.... Your 1-0 or your students are 1-0? Lets see your cage fight/s footage...
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Your not impressing anyone! Lets see your ass in the cage knocking the F out of people.... Your 1-0 or your students are 1-0? Lets see your cage fight/s footage...
    Aw...I must have hit a nerve.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

No sh1t you don't train cage fighters. It's evident in everything you say.

I've only been open for about a year. You, in your 35 years, have yet to produce what I did in 12 months.

hence, my point.
    Once again, I'm not a mma school training cage fighters, lol... 1 year, holy sh1t, you do know it all....

Where's your cage fighting experience and record/s, BOSS MAN... What are your accomplishments.....

cs

Once again, I'm not a mma school training cage fighters, lol... 1 year, holy sh1t, you do know it all....

Where's your cage fighting experience and record/s, BOSS MAN... What are your accomplishments.....

cs
    I don't have a record, as I was never trained as a fighter, either. That's something we have in common!

But we can compare medals for forms competitions if we ever meet. I'm sure you have more than me, though.

Aw...I must have hit a nerve.
    Nope, just commenting on your lack of success in your new found style.... You need to put your ass in the cage for a few years, then you'll have something to talk about... Its funny, there's always those guys out there talking crap and putting their students in the ring, but wont step up themselves, lol.... Lets see your cage footage, lets see your knock down drag out brawls/fights, etc....
    This is just about worthless to discuss anymore.... HERO!!!!!!!!

I don't have a record, as I was never trained as a fighter, either. That's something we have in common!

But we can compare medals for forms competitions if we ever meet. I'm sure you have more than me, though.
    Sure do with over 30 of them in sanshou, player..... Not to mention 100 or more grandchampion awards, International and national gold medalist, etc, but who cares... The point is getting out there and taking the ass beatings and so forth...

I'm sure your a good person and really love what you do... thats what its about... Have fun, train hard, and kick some butt....

My school is 1-0 in cage fights.

What's your school's record, again?
    If I'm not mistaken, 1-0.

I don't know if Master Garry's student has fought since that match in Louisville KY a couple of years ago. I'll ask this weekend and find out the particulars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, 1-0.

I don't know if Master Garry's student has fought since that match in Louisville KY a couple of years ago. I'll ask this weekend and find out the particulars.
    Good. It would be interesting to hear how he trained for his fight as well. Can you get some particulars on his regime?

Also, I know SD is diversified. What is his 'main' style...is it an internally-focused school? External? Both?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-17-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Good. It would be interesting to hear how he trained for his fight as well.
    I'll find out what I can. I think they guy was a 1st degree brown at the time. He was out of the Johnson City school, so I didn't have a lot of interaction with him myself. I sparred with his older brother often and he was a beast as well.

I think BentMonk actually watched the fight in person.... There were some posts about his 600 or 700 pages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Didnt you just attend one of Coach Ross's training camps this winter or last... NYSanda has a very good program, I like Sifu Ross, never met him in purpose, but he seems very knowledgable. I've read there website a couple of times, looks as though they have some pretty informative sanshou dvd's out.... I've been thinking about attending some of his SS camps, looks very interesting... Whats your take on his workshops?

cs

Didnt you just attend one of Coach Ross's training camps this winter or last... NYSanda has a very good program, I like Sifu Ross, never met him in purpose, but he seems very knowledgable. I've read there website a couple of times, looks as though they have some pretty informative sanshou dvd's out.... I've been thinking about attending some of his SS camps, looks very interesting... Whats your take on his workshops?

cs
    I attended Ross' Instructor Training seminar and was certified under him as an affiliate. Ross is a wealth of knowledge and his DVDs are sensational tools for Chinese stylists because he discusses sport-specific training in the context of CMA tradition.

His punching and clinching DVD was really the beginning of my journey into MMA training.

That class was instrumental in the way I set up my program and train and I would recommend it to ANYONE who runs a SanDa/San Shou class or wants to start.

Yutyeesam (Santanu Rahman) from the forum is also a fan of his DVDs. We've discussed them at length.

I attended Ross' Instructor Training seminar and was certified under him as an affiliate. Ross is a wealth of knowledge and his DVDs are sensational tools for Chinese stylists because he discusses sport-specific training in the context of CMA tradition.

That class was instrumental in the way I set up my program and train and I would recommend it to ANYONE who runs a SanDa/San Shou class or wants to start.

Yutyeesam (Santanu Rahman) from the forum is also a fan of his DVDs. We've discussed them at length.
    Thats cool! Think I'll check into then.... There's just not enough Sanshou resources out there today...

Thanks
    cs

Great Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'll find out what I can. I think they guy was a 1st degree brown at the time. He was out of the Johnson City school, so I didn't have a lot of interaction with him myself. I sparred with his older brother often and he was a beast as well.

I think BentMonk actually watched the fight in person.... There were some posts about his 600 or 700 pages ago.
    I did see the fight in question. I do not know the specifics on how he trained, but IMO it looked like he was using SD exclusively. I say this because his defenses against his opponents take down attempts appeared more reflexive than something he trained. He also attempted no shoots or other entry techniques common to MMA and BJJ. His punches and kicks were fast and strong. He won by TKO via punches. I also thought it was cool that he walked to the cage door sportin' his SD t-shirt.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    I did see the fight in question. I do not know the specifics on how he trained, but IMO it looked like he was using SD exclusively. I say this because his defenses against his opponents take down attempts appeared more reflexive than something he trained. He also attempted no shoots or other entry techniques common to MMA and BJJ. His punches and kicks were fast and strong. He won by TKO via punches. I also thought it was cool that he walked to the cage door sportin' his SD t-shirt.
    Is this fight on youtube? If so, can you post the link...

Thanks
    cs