View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 644 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1445445946346426436446456466546947441144 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    A friend of mine went on a similiar diet and ate only tuna and steamed rice and veggies. He stock piles the cans of tuna in spring water (Sorry Charley........LOL) and cans of sardines. He would use one can for each meal but he would have 5 meals a day.

All you lame-o's forgot to wish BM2 a happy birthday. He doesn't have many more left, so you should really be more conscientious in the future.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well happy Birthday!

Thanks MK, I think
    My wife made me an upside down cake and got me a blackberry. She told me Mom called to wish me a happy birthday and that she made me some blackberry dumplings
    Freebird, my Grandmother was from Breckinridge County, her maiden name was Miller.
    Last edited by BM2; 05-02-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Ahh cool, there are several millers here.

[QUOTE=BM2;855380]
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    Just wondering, you have sparred most of the "old timers" in and around Lexington. How do you think they would stack up against the "Brownings", who ever they might be. I only ask because you have the knowlege of both, not to put you on the spot or anything.

MKiii trains at 4seasons, the Brownings train there also. I have no "knowledge" other than watching them fight, which they are good. One is 135 lbs and the other 155.
    They held the American Fight League non-pro belts. They are in their twenties, don't know how long they have been training but guess that it is less than 5 years.
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but what I have seen is the ground fighter wins more often earlier in their training vs a striker in mma. As the training progress, it is the more rounded fighter that will win or as Bruce Lee said something like there are three distances in a fight. Striking, standing grappling and on the ground grappling. The fighter who forces the other fighter to fight at his distance will win more often.
    no contest I'd say the older, more experienced ones would win a FIGHT. But sparring matches are all highly dependent on style, time of day, who woke up feeling what way, what they ate, if their lives are distracting them, if they feel like winning, blah blah blah.

There are more distances than three, but those are better than not knowing any.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    yeah, but ive learned a long time ago not to judge someone by thier appearance. Btw, the shaolin do instructor here is larger than grandmaster Z.

I agree, you don't have to be in great shape to be to defend yourself. But, honestly, if you practice every day if you're an MA instructor, you will be in good shape, even if it's only for an hour.

I think it is fair to judge the physical specimens of any school. You'll get a good picture of the work ethics of those students and teachers who will be training you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I understand.....I still say stay away from high impact.....Tai Chi is the way for you....not trying to get you to stay in SD.....a good program of Internal Chinese martial arts will give you what you need.....strength, confidence, and health.....Tai Chi & Pa Kua have punches and kicks too. Check out the universities close to you....alot of them have Tai Chi programs. If ever in Lex. stop by the school and look me up.
    Best of luck to you,
    BQ
    LOL....university tai chi and MA programs are generally garbage...at least they are down here.

GSU's Yang was the best seminar they had; just about everything else was retarded. Can you imagine doing an MA with no contact and compliance to every non-compliance hold? Maybe it's pride, but if someone grabs my hand in chin-na or in one of those university seminars, and they don't do the technique correctly, and don't apply the correct force, I don't give it to 'em. I'll let them stand there, holding my hand, looking like a fool.

[QUOTE=shadowlin

There are more distances than three, but those are better than not knowing any.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is but I wasn't going to count the CHi Blast distance.
    Last edited by BM2; 05-03-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Yeah, there is but I wasn't going to count the CHi Blast distance
    And why not count that? Thats my # 1 technique!

Happy B-day by the way. Thats one good thing about me getting old...knowing that theres someone out there older than me
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Yeah, GT, but some how you're using dog years!
    Breakfest was oatmeal with the whites from hardboiled eggs. Also he sold us Hot Stuff at cost.
    I'm waay past going back to that diet
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

I think that MK may have posted on the main fourm a birthday greeting, he just deleted it before anyone saw it
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    Ahh cool, there are several millers here.
    There should be, my grandmother was the 11th of 12 children!
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

LOL sounds like my family, my grandad had 16 children, my dad was born when my grandad was in his 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    Yeah, there is but I wasn't going to count the CHi Blast distance.

I mean that there are 4 main ones and a myriad of sub-distances (of course infinite, but in terms of practicality there are at least three per main distance, except with single distance there are 5 at least) and that's just for empty hand to empty hand.
    Weapons change everything, but the concept is still there.

I appreciate Bruce's expression of distance, but unfortunately, it's just not scientific enough to represent actuality. It's more subjective, which is fine. But not for my tastes.