View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 665 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1655656156556636646656666676757157651165 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    Then I start posting again HA! So much for the better, more mature phase
    You probably qualify for the "mature" part, at least by some definitions don't you?

seminars

Has anyone been to a seminar or seminars by Sin The? Is so, what are the reviews? I have been to seminars by other teachers and they are sort of hit or miss. Most of the ones I have been to do not provide a recording of the form, etc., and since my memory is not that great in regards to these things, I tend to lose the material. Despite that, I do usually enjoy them because I can pick up a technique or application that I was not aware of before.

Quote Originally Posted by peace&love View Post
    Has anyone been to a seminar or seminars by Sin The? Is so, what are the reviews? I have been to seminars by other teachers and they are sort of hit or miss. Most of the ones I have been to do not provide a recording of the form, etc., and since my memory is not that great in regards to these things, I tend to lose the material. Despite that, I do usually enjoy them because I can pick up a technique or application that I was not aware of before.
    I have attended several seminars by GMT. They usually do include a recording which is good because GMT usually is on a pretty tight schedule and its hard to retain a form in the 6 or 8 hours he spends teaching a seminar. At least with my teachers, they spend more time with GMT learning the form, the underlying principals and training methods and applications. They will then will scheudle several review classes to review the form and go over the training methods, principlas and applications that are not always touched on to any great degree during the one day seminar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by peace&love View Post
    Are you familiar with Shaolin Do? Have you ever mentioned SD to someone in Chinese martial arts that doesn't do SD? SD is not for everyone. Some have qustioned its legitamacy. I think that you should go check them out and determine for yourself. It all depends on what your looking for. SD might be what your looking for. Decide for yourself. Don't listen to what others say. Sin The' and SD have been around for a very long time so there must be something there worth while to learn. I personally don't do SD but i know some people that do and they like it.
    Last edited by mkriii; 07-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Are you familiar with Shaolin Do? If your familiar with SD then you wouldn't even be asking that question. Have you ever mentioned SD to someone in Chinese martial arts that doesn't do SD? If you have then you know what kind of reaction they gave you. Thats probably the same reaction you would give if you went to a seminar by "grandmaster" The'
    There went the maturity level.... and Mark's hollow promise to be polite.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Are you familiar with Shaolin Do? If your familiar with SD then you wouldn't even be asking that question. Have you ever mentioned SD to someone in Chinese martial arts that doesn't do SD? If you have then you know what kind of reaction they gave you. Thats probably the same reaction you would give if you went to a seminar by "grandmaster" The'
    Everyone has been so nice to you here lately, offering to help with your back problems and to train with you. Why are you flaming? I haven't heard anyone who has seen Sin The live criticise him. If you have a particular criticism from your own experience, share it. Otherwise, you needn't spread hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    There went the maturity level.... and Mark's hollow promise to be polite.
    Yep. I'm starting to feel some real irony in BM2's timing.

I didn't say anything bad about SD or Sin The'. How do you know I wasn't implying that the reactions from people were positive? You just assume the worst from me. You know what they say when you assume......you make an arse out of you and me.

I didn't say anything bad about SD or Sin The'. How do you know I wasn't implying that the reactions from people were positive? You just assume the worst from me. You know what they say when you assume......you make an arse out of you and me.
    Based upon all of your past posts are you going to tell me I'm wrong? Lie to me baby, lie to me!

If you were implying something positive, you wouldn't have put "grandmaster" in quotes.

Hypothoses based on the outcome of multiple hundreds of experiments are not assumptions. Your past behavior informs our hypothses.

How are you JP? I'm still working hard. Low on the totem pole, I'll be testing to blue next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Hypothoses based on the outcome of multiple hundreds of experiments are not assumptions. Your past behavior informs our hypothses.

How are you JP? I'm still working hard. Low on the totem pole, I'll be testing to blue next week.
    Good luck on your test.

I've been doing well. I won my last jury trial, but the jury may have employed a quotient verdict so we'll see if it holds up.

Hadn't had much time for training, but I'm hoping things will slow down a bit and I can get back into shape. Right now, I'm just trying to maintain what I have.

Have I not been polite and nice lately? Did I not give advice on how to do no handed kip ups to ShaolinWookie? I've been contributing positively. So no I did not mean for that to come across as a insult.

Have I not been polite and nice lately? Did I not give advice on how to do no handed kip ups to ShaolinWookie? I've been contributing positively. So no I did not mean for that to come across as a insult.
    My mistake then.

So how was "grandmaster" Ng?
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 07-24-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Good luck on your test.

I've been doing well. I won my last jury trial, but the jury may have employed a quotient verdict so we'll see if it holds up.

Hadn't had much time for training, but I'm hoping things will slow down a bit and I can get back into shape. Right now, I'm just trying to maintain what I have.
    Hope your verdict sticks. In my reserve capacity, I'm assisting with a non-capital murder Court-martial next week. I'll get back to town just in time to go to the kwoon for the test. Busy is right. Thanks for the well-wishes.

My mistake then.

So how was "grandmaster" Ng?
    He was good. He was at work at the pharmacy. He was very busy with customers so my conversation with him consisted of him talking in between customers and him filling prescriptions but he seems to be doing good. He was telling me about why he didn't have the annual Mountain Fellowship Tournament. Frank S. supposedely took the pre-registration money and then didn't have the tournament. Dr. Ng and Frank had the parting of the ways because of this. Dr. Ng said he would start the tournament again in a few years after all that has settled down. I had been trying to get in touch with my teacher (Dufresne) and Dr. Ng told me the Dufresne was in China. I had not known that. That was about the extent of it. I had gone up to that part of Ky on business so I thought I would just stop in on the spurr of the moment to say hello.