View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 705 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957037047057067077157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    See posts 1-9500
    Hmmm, it's hard to admit when you're wrong.

It's even harder to admit it when you've been actively wrong for as long as you thought what you were doing was right, and now it's 20 years later and you're tainted and don't even want to go out and learn something that's real because you would be even more ticked to waste another decade of your life?

How about that?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Hmmm, it's hard to admit when you're wrong.

It's even harder to admit it when you've been actively wrong for as long as you thought what you were doing was right, and now it's 20 years later and you're tainted and don't even want to go out and learn something that's real because you would be even more ticked to waste another decade of your life?

How about that?
    Already been covered and countered to a degree by your point in post "Its real but not real shaolin."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

well, isn't this just a dead thread then!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hmmm.

Ok, Shaolin Do is NOT real, it's a figment of the imagination of an indonesian kempo guy who wasn't makin no money in Kentucky.
    I have some pictures of Sin's teacher. He looks like the guy in the paintings on the website, and he's training. What he taught Sin and what Sin taught himself is impossible to distinguish over a message board, but I would wager the old Indonesian guy wasn't doing Kempo. The core is probably an Indonesian blend of Chinese and indigenous arts.

In the pictures, no one is wearing a NASCAR Gi. And they are wearing shoes....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I have some pictures of Sin's teacher. He looks like the guy in the paintings on the website, and he's training. What he taught Sin and what Sin taught himself is impossible to distinguish over a message board, but I would wager the old Indonesian guy wasn't doing Kempo. The core is probably an Indonesian blend of Chinese and indigenous arts.

In the pictures, no one is wearing a NASCAR Gi. And they are wearing shoes....
    MK...I think you just nailed it about as well as anybody.....I have videos of the White Lotus Society in Bandung performing Shaolin Do forms at the 92 banquet honoring GM Sin.... they are not Kempo. GM Sin claims to be the Grand Master of Shaolin Do..... not Shaolin.
    BQ

04-03-2009, 06:46 PM

RD'S Alias - 1A
    The Emperor!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmd161
    I commend Mr. Ross on what he is doing with teaching fighting and Sanda. I want to know why aren't more doing this, and why isn't Mr. Ross taking some of his top fighters and now teaching them the forms, so they have a better understanding of the forms and techniques?

I could very well be wrong, and Mr. Ross might already be doing this...

I really feel most schools don't do this because the skills and techniques have already been lost. If you learn from someone that has never fought and they learned from someone who never fought...How could they teach you to fight?

Who knows, maybe my sifu has it all wrong and is breaking the trend... He always teaches to evolve and keep testing the art and make changes where needed. According to him this is traditional and the exact way his sifu taught him. In creating Hak Fu Mun So Hak Fu took the knowledge of 17 different styles of kung fu and created the 5 original forms. Later At his school in Canton he taught well over 50 forms. When Grandmaster Wong Cheung died in 1989 Hak Fu Mun had over 100 forms.

I think when the fighting stopped and people tried to keep things secret they misunderstood what keeping secret meant. It didn't mean to not test or share.... since most styles where created from the blending of different styles and meeting of masters.

Again, I could be completely wrong too....

jeff
    Reply]
    All the original usage of Kung Fu was preserved in Indonesia. That is why everyone respects all these Kuntao Silat guys.

I thought this was an interesting statement.
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    MK...I think you just nailed it about as well as anybody.....I have videos of the White Lotus Society in Bandung performing Shaolin Do forms at the 92 banquet honoring GM Sin.... they are not Kempo. GM Sin claims to be the Grand Master of Shaolin Do..... not Shaolin.
    BQ
    Well, the claims he's made about links to Southern temple are inventive, at best. I mean, if you use "Shaolin" as an umbrella term, that's one thing. But hairy monks and whatnot, well...that's a hard pill to swallow, even if they were just bedtime stories told by his grandpa.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Well, the claims he's made about links to Southern temple are inventive, at best. I mean, if you use "Shaolin" as an umbrella term, that's one thing. But hairy monks and whatnot, well...that's a hairy pill to swallow, even if they were just bedtime stories told by his grandpa.
    There fixed it for you
    BQ

MK,

Would you care to post a few of the pics you have of GM Ie? Not doubting you, I would just like to see them. We rarely get to see any photos from Indo.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Death View Post
    MK,

Would you care to post a few of the pics you have of GM Ie? Not doubting you, I would just like to see them. We rarely get to see any photos from Indo.

Thanks,
    I got them from a guy who swore he was going to post them himself, so I promised I wouldn't. That was 2 years ago, so maybe it's time.

While I'm mulling posting them, here are the example pics I posted so people wouldn't think I was lying about it:

Ie:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...7&d=1197051671

Young Sin The with Ie:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...5&d=1197047194

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&d=1197049613

I'm not 100% sure that's Sin, but the facial structure is similar.

Thanks for the pics.

There was a poster here about a year ago (I can't remember his name now) who said some cryptic things about SD, Indonesia, and Kun Tao that sounded positive. If I recall, he didn't want to share the results until he had confirmed them. Would have been interesting to know what he was talking about.

I got them from a guy who swore he was going to post them himself, so I promised I wouldn't. That was 2 years ago, so maybe it's time.

While I'm mulling posting them, here are the example pics I posted so people wouldn't think I was lying about it:

Ie:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...7&d=1197051671

Young Sin The with Ie:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...5&d=1197047194

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&d=1197049613

I'm not 100% sure that's Sin, but the facial structure is similar.
    It's not GM Sin in those pictures......I also got the same pictures from the infamous Wyatt Earp...who claimed his teacher studied under GM Ie....as you know I'm very close to GM Sin and I have shown him the pictures and discussed this with him....once again GM Ie would only teach Chinese...he wouldn't even teach Indonesian's....I called Earp out on this and he had no response. These pictures are most likely from one of Hiang's students or someone else fuking with everybody.

Just wanting to keep the record straight for the SD peeps.

Plus maybe we can make it to a 1,000 before this thread finally dies.
    BQ
    Last edited by Baqualin; 04-07-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    There was a poster here about a year ago (I can't remember his name now) who said some cryptic things about SD, Indonesia, and Kun Tao that sounded positive. If I recall, he didn't want to share the results until he had confirmed them. Would have been interesting to know what he was talking about.
    Mas Judt.....I touch base with him ever so often....really nice guy....he's busy doing his own thing right now......he knows a lot regarding Indo MA's.
    BQ

I don't have anything to add, just want to keep posting in this monster of a thread

OK< I do have something to say

ONLY Rd could believe that the only place "real usage" is left is INdonesia
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....