View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 707 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2076076576977057067077087097177578071207 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I already answered that. post 9995
    My bad. I didn't see it in the quote, there.

OK, so let me ask you this. If that is Ie, and that's a white guy standing there with him, and posing with him in that Mantis stance, why wouldn't you assume he trained there? And what about the LARGE white man in the group photo wearing the Japanese Gi? He looks as if he's training somewhere.

You think this white guy just showed up, took some pictures, and is now clamining he trained there? It's plausible, people do that sh1t now. But is it probable?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    My bad. I didn't see it in the quote, there.

OK, so let me ask you this. If that is Ie, and that's a white guy standing there with him, and posing with him in that Mantis stance, why wouldn't you assume he trained there? And what about the LARGE white man in the group photo wearing the Japanese Gi? He looks as if he's training somewhere.

You think this white guy just showed up, took some pictures, and is now clamining he trained there? It's plausible, people do that sh1t now. But is it probable?
    I was mainly speaking of the photo of him with Hiang (that you cropped out), I will have to go back and look at the others.....yes it's very probable it was a visit to the area....GM Sin has always been very direct about GM Ie only teaching chinese....in the beginning he was not happy with GM Sin teaching us. Regarding the group photo I do know there was a well known Judo teacher there that GM Sin studied under (to black belt) before he decided to concentrate on SD...maybe thats who they came to visit who knows. The real clincher to me was the photo with Hiang that you cropped out....only his students would have that...not somebody from Holland. There's also a school in Brazil called the Pakua School (they have schools in the states also) the head of that school also claims to have studied under GM Ie in the 50's..... no way.

Here's the uncropped picture with Hiang & the mantis picture.....it's hard to tell if there the same

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Here's the uncropped picture with Hiang & the mantis picture.....it's hard to tell if there the same
    Actually, that Hiang pic is cropped. There are some other dudes in the uncropped picture, including the white guy in the mantis stance photo.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

The color picture of Ie blocking the strike from the white guy shows his profile more clearly, also. That's the one that looks most like Ie in the paintings, imo.

please post these pics , i would love to see them
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I'll second Shen Ku

I've seen on this thread talk about repeating unverified second hand stories as truth, and critiquing the credibility of comments and tales from hundreds of years ago, and the practices of historians and the validity of their theories, and benefits of accurate archaeology. The so-called photos of GM Su Kong, or that circus guy, were promoted as "proof" of something, although I don't think it proved anything.

Several once used the absence of photo evidence of GM Ie as proof of something as well.

But here are other actual photos -- history itself -- that some of you are fortunate enough to be able to speak of, and see, and tease the rest of us that are truly interested in, and interested in that history, but not fortunate enough to have the photos.

Such photos are our closest connection to that past that we want to be a small part of. Just seeing the cropped ones, and hearing the talk of them, is educational.

It is truly none of our business who don't have the photos, unless someone else invites us to see them, and no one could legitimately fault anyone who has them to keep them to themselves. But I would second Shen Ku's request for posting what you are speaking to each other about.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Cool

We finally made it , just wanted to contribute to the thread. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    I've seen on this thread talk about repeating unverified second hand stories as truth, and critiquing the credibility of comments and tales from hundreds of years ago, and the practices of historians and the validity of their theories, and benefits of accurate archaeology. The so-called photos of GM Su Kong, or that circus guy, were promoted as "proof" of something, although I don't think it proved anything.

Several once used the absence of photo evidence of GM Ie as proof of something as well.

But here are other actual photos -- history itself -- that some of you are fortunate enough to be able to speak of, and see, and tease the rest of us that are truly interested in, and interested in that history, but not fortunate enough to have the photos.

Such photos are our closest connection to that past that we want to be a small part of. Just seeing the cropped ones, and hearing the talk of them, is educational.

It is truly none of our business who don't have the photos, unless someone else invites us to see them, and no one could legitimately fault anyone who has them to keep them to themselves. But I would second Shen Ku's request for posting what you are speaking to each other about.
    I feel you brother. I'm sympathetic.

I did promise this guy not to post them until his teacher put up a website, which was supposed to take 6 months.

I believe Baqualin, who has been very vocal about the authenticity of these photos, did not have the complete, uncropped photos that I have, so I shared them with him. Now that we are on the same page, I am curious to see what Baqualin has to say.

Hey,
    Is BentMonk still around? When I saw this, I thought of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4pTDx_YXU

Definitely inspirational.

even more inspiring than that guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZgSZItI5k
    Kung Fu is good for you.

even more inspiring than that guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZgSZItI5k
    You know I love you Canadians
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Hey,
    Is BentMonk still around? When I saw this, I thought of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4pTDx_YXU

Definitely inspirational.
    He's training!!!! Inspirational to all of us.....people like him make SD real It's made a difference in his life and he's made a difference in ours.
    BQ

has anyone seen the article on the sword of legend? GM Sin in BB mag, its a nice story,with nice pics
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Hey all SD peeps....come join us this Saturday (Lexington Gym) from 12 to 1:30 for World Tai Chi Day.....Pot Luck....lots of great food.....push hands and more....great chance to get together!!!!!!
    BQ