View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 710 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2106106607007087097107117127207608101210 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

noo i dint say that you mongoloid i said while i was attending the shaolin center i frequently defeated their black belts in sparring and i was a begginer with little knowleged of martial arts upon joining

no where did i say i could beat up black belts from any style you buffoon
    stop trying to twist my words

qoute from me
    i kicked the crap outta their black belts in the first months and i barely had any training prior to that

NO WHERE
    did i say i beat up black belts
    i do not appreciate you trying to make up qotes from me and posting them on here trying to discredit my views on shaolin do
    all that acomplishes is making you look like a liar my freind
    andy boy can go back through the two or three pages ive been on here and see that i never said that

they wear karate unifroms the call their forms kata
    they uses phrases such as iponn kumite
    the have japanese names all over their website
    they have numerous blog about them from ex students attesting to the poor quality of instruction

and they are frequently sited as being scam artists as i noted you think you find this from respectable schools like buck sam kongs kwoon or wing lams lol

the oly people who are piping up against the posters on here who are claiming shaolin do is a scam are the students of that very school who have been wasting years and money training in a art that was made up

Hey GOJU

WEll first off you need to look at the uniforms of Shui Jao they are Karate like with a belt also the word Ippon Kumite does not mean point sparring it means one step sparring the traditional way Okinawa Te and Kara Te were practiced also who cares what it is called and in what language, nothing is pure nowadays any way. I have trained in other styles and seen nothing in SD that would discredit the art maybe some of the teachers but not the Art it self, it is what it is. Also did those people you "beat" actually poop on themselves if not then you lied in that respect as well. Try not to be too literal and stop judgeing by one experience KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

again these are not just based on my experiences but how many people that have trained there

and what kind of back wards logic is that oh the teachers may have sucked but that dont mean the art does lol yeah that makes sense
    the soards are iether the highest or one of the highest ranking members under sin but they teach horribly a reflection on sin and the art as a whole is it not!

no you dont use karate terminology and call it kung fu!

and i was not the only one who easily defeated the black belts there i saw numerous time blackbelts a csc not be able to win sparring matches with begginers

You know Liberacci was a great piano player but a poor teacher and I know many poor fighters who are great trainers with your logic if you can beat someone they have nothing to teach you, that is a skewed logic. Muhammad Ali has parkinsons symptoms and was probably one of the greatest fighters of our times but he isnt now does that mean you cant learn or get better from his teaching.? There is a saying there arent bad students only bad teachers I think that the truth be known there are lazy and not lazy students your skill or their skill depends upon that what you saw was lazy students and teachers perform. KC

no that fact that the saords run a schoo tha t hands at belts by the arse load a teach something that was pulled out of theri nether regions(guess which hole)
    reflects on sin kwang the and the whole school
    why would sin kwan the if he reallly is the grandmaster of shaolin ecrtify such lousy students to teach his style

hmm lets see because hes lousy himself lol and if the gransmasters not up to stuff it discredits the whole style he teaches

and yet again you are twisting my words just i never said that if you defeat anybody in asparring match in makes their teaching usless however there is no excuse for aguy who just started martial arts to be throwing students around who have been there for years
    and what the ping pong didly sqaut does feckin muhamd ali or liberaci have to do with this topic lol

STAY ON THE BLEEDIN DISCUSSION TOPIC PEOPLE!

I will type slower so you will understand. GMT is 64 years old therefore his flexibility may be less than when he was 20 but that does not take away from his skill. Knowledge is not based upon skill it is just that, knowledge. I have seen GoJU Karate and it is taken from other styles so is it impure ?? Are all the teachers GREAT? TO BASE YOUR OPINION ON ONE SCHOOL OR SERIES OF SCHOOLS AS IN THIS CASE IS A GRAVE ERROR You should take the time to observe other schools say in Kentucky better yet go and spar some of them there maybe one of the ones rolling a 90# steel bar up and down their shins Dip KC

Stoneheart

oh yeah,, a jar of peanut butter thats what i need,,,,, how you been,
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    oh yeah,, a jar of peanut butter thats what i need,,,,, how you been,
    I'll throw in some beef jerkey for flavor!!

I'm doing ok... kinda like the rest of everybody else I imagine & trying to survive. How's things with you?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Okay

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    noo [sic] i [sic] dint [sic] say that you mongoloid [sic] i [sic] said while i [sic] was attending the shaolin center i [sic] frequently defeated their black belts in sparring and i [sic] was a begginer with little knowleged [sic] of martial arts upon joining

no where [sic] did i [sic] say i [sic] could beat up black belts from any style you buffoon
    stop trying to twist my words
    Name calling is about as persuasive as the rest of your arguments. However, since you asked for specificity in my analysis, I'll give it to you despite your unwillingness or inability to be reasonable and specific in your own comments.

To be sure, you did not say that you routinely beat up black belts from other schools. I was, admittedly, paraphrasing in order to make it simpler for you to understand. You did, however, say that you beat SD black belts. Also, as was already mentioned above, you commented in another thread, "actually the gym let me spar with one of there [sic] amateur fighters early on and i [sic] beat him and thats [sic] based off what i [sic] allready [sic] knew going in there." That, sir, is a direct quote from you.

Now, while the quote doesn't label the gym's man a black belt, it is implicit that he was chosen to represent that gym. You claim to have handled him easily and then proceeded to bad mouth that gym as well. These remarks, coupled with your other postings, tells readers a number of things about you. They are:

1. You have a hyperinflated sense of yourself;
    2. You have absolutely no respect for anyone; and
    3. You are a reactionary, unreasonable, factually ignorant troll.

There are more but those are just a few. As BQ pointed out, those on this forum who are either pro or con on the issue have already made their points, most more articulately and more politely than you. Until you've read this entire thread and are familiar with the discussion, there isn't much you can contribute to it. I seriously doubt that you'd be able to contribute even if you had read it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Best,
    ON

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    oh wow if some random clown on a internet forum says no one will be dissuaded then it must be true lol after all your your your
    who are you again?
    This is fun, haven't been in a flame war in months, thanks goju!

please dont be so dillusional to think no one will. obviously as i stated the people who have been doing this for years are so brainwashed its a little too late but these posts are for the people who can be saved
    after all i know what im speaking about being that ive trained there
    have you?
    and again my mma career has what to do with shaolin do lol

dont tell me you are all a bunch of mma haters here lol
    No man! There's no hope, NO HOPE!! The sky will collapse and pigs will fly and worse, much much worse! Nobody will heed your dire warning about the eeeeeeeeevvvilllll Soards! I like you goju, you make me laugh, kinda like a clown, very amusing; very funny.

BTW, for the record I have studied SD down in Texas for about 5 years, before I moved up to Chicago. It was alright, I don't drink all the kool aid that's out there concerning SD and it's tumoltuous history, but then again every martial art school's history is suspect of embellishment. Oh well, your posts are nothing new, and this is all an exercise in p!ssing and moaning.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

yes exactly and too many people are drinking the kool aid with this school lol
    and noob no you were paraphrasing anything you intentionally try to distort my words to discredit me either you are not very bright or you assume im not to not remember what i posted lol

and again please stay on topic what does go ju ryu have to do with this lol yes its a mixed style so is everything else
    nut however goju is mixed with authentic styles not seemingly abunch of nonsense thats made up lol

and sins flexibilty is of no matter thought i dont remeber how flexible the man was i have witnessed eldery monks from the temple preform the contortion routine that is taught when they are young
    so if they can do that even at their age there is no excuse to dismiss his flexiblty loss and besides i have no idea what his flexibilty has to do with anything lol

oh and concerning the mma lol yes i said i sparred with one of the amatuer fighters there they have at the gym i used to attend and i won so what
    will some one explaint o me what this has to do shaolin do lol

as i noted in my thread i dint beat fedor but ive proven that im at a level where i can compete amatuer. if i would have said brock lesnar came in and i suplexed him through the cage floor that would be another matter lol

and no he is not a black belt and wether or not me winnig the sparring match reflects badly on the gym or not is of little matter to me at all never thought of it and i really dont care. and i said the gym wasnt satisfactory to my needs so i left

either you are having a hard time trying to debate in a an intelligent manner or you have the attention span of a goldfish. however eithe rway your failing at this discussion

you can call it paraphrasing or what ever you wish but anyone can clearly see your saying im posting things that i not and trying to twist every word i say.

and why would i read through hundreds of pages of this bull plop lol what kind of a fool would waste his time doing that. whats the point ive actually trained there i have a fist hand experience with that school and thus can speak openly of what isaw there and not have it be some second hand word of mouth thing about that school like some have

unless youve trained there i think it would be wise if you remained silent on the subject

we need a good flame war here dont we lol
    god i just thought id post about my experience with the school now i feel like im running for office and my rivals are trying to dig up as much dirt on me as possible and start mud slinging lol

1)First for the 10,000 time GM Sin is the Grandmaster of Shaolin Do, not Shaolin...this is his claim straight from the horses mouth....I know there has been a lot of marketing BS out there claiming otherwise, but the facts are as I stated.

2)There are schools out there that have become very bad representations of our true system.....this happens in all schools (any organization) when they become to big and spread out across the country....it's hard to control and people become money and glory hungry as well as political. There are students and teachers in these schools that do not deserve the rank that has been given to them.....who's responsible for this......a lot of people, but the ball always stops at the top....once things get out of hand it's always harder to reverse....everybody wants to go out and do it their way....thats life......really what are you going to do...spend the rest of your life fighting a losing battle...sometimes you just say Fuk it. It's always easy to sit at a key board and tell everyone what they should do (some people make a life of it)

3)If you don't find what your looking for at a kwoon.....find one that you do....don't p!ss on a system because of one or even a few schools......all styles have poor representation.....find what fits YOU.

4)Most people who get on here ranting & raving have major issues over and above martial arts.....I teach it and see it everyday.....new idiots come in all the time.

5)Cujo getting on here feeling he can save the world from CSC is fooling his self......99% of all students of all systems have know idea that this forum exist or they have better things to do with there time (or could care less).....so he's talking to nobody here.

6)If Cujo has a bone to pick with the Soards then he needs to go to them and pick it and leave the people who are true SDers to themselves...they can't help him....they don't like them either (even though they have kept the traditional uniform).

7)GM Sin knows who his best and most loyal students are and they benefit accordingly.

8) Once people get to know the true SDers they realize were good people and open minded martial artist willing to learn and improve.

9) Cujo...have a coke and a smile and STFU
    BQ

PS.
    Kwaichang....you know GM Sin at 64 is still in better shape than anybody in the system.....not a wushu preformer.....but awesome at ripping your throat out.