View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 716 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2166166667067147157167177187267668161216 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

how coem none of you will explain how your history maes no sense or why you have japanese characters on your stuff or call your forms kata and have ippon kumite lol or how it is possible to know 900 forms? so many holes in your stuff and know one can fill them

ive noticed none of you ever respond to that

why?

Maybe it has all been addressed previously and we want you to go back and read the thread. Honestly, don't you have anything better to do? I practiced SD for years and enjoyed it. It was not and is not my only art, but it was fun and kept me in shape. It is just that simple. No mystery, it was fun to do and I met a lot of great people. I have since moved on to other things, so I do not carry the SD banner any longer. You sound bitter for some reason. Or is it you just enjoy making fun of something you know very little or nothing about?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    how coem none of you will explain how your history maes no sense or why you have japanese characters on your stuff or call your forms kata and have ippon kumite lol or how it is possible to know 900 forms? so many holes in your stuff and know one can fill them

ive noticed none of you ever respond to that

why?
    We have, several times in fact. Indonesia. For some strange reason Indonesians don't like the Chinese, any clue why? Just curious. Anyway, gi, katas, and all that japanese influence was a cover to mask chinese kung fu in Indonesia whos people again for some reason don't like the Chinese.

Ever use youtube?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

yes but the united states isnt indonesia now is it why would they not change it back

being that the japanese have tried to enslave alot of other asians in their history i dont see how claiming your japanese would help much

Now I know you have heard the one about you must first empty your cup before you can taste my tea, right?

????

yes but the united states isnt indonesia now is it why would they not change it back

being that the japanese have tried to enslave alot of other asians in their history i dont see how claiming your japanese would help much
    Change it back to what?? Some of the SD schools use sashes and silk pjs and some do not, does that change the content of the art? Does japanese words change the content?? in most cases the characters are the same, so whats the dif??

Ever heard of traditions??
    SD keeps the traditions set by GGMICM, what is wrong with that??

your teatastes like bull**** my freind so ill pass lol

besides the slrpee from seven eleven looks much more apitizing

and no sd claims that the monks wore uniforms simialr to karate gis way back and then they change there story and say it was because of anti chinese racsims in indonesia lol why are there two different stories?

why didnt they get rid of the karate gis when shaolin do was brought here?
    why do they have one and rwo step saprring like karate and tae kwondo? so they added karate into it??? tht makes no sense

why do they still call their forms katas?
    shouldnt they still have been reckonized teaching a chinese art? obviously the indonesians would have seen that that was kung fu?

You have all of the answers and are wise beyond your years. My most humble and abject apologies, Wise Goju. bowing deeply

HA!

and no sd claims that the monks wore uniforms simialr to karate gis way back and then they change there story and say it was because of anti chinese racsims in indonesia lol why are there two different stories?

why didnt they get rid of the karate gis when shaolin do was brought here?
    why do they have one and rwo step saprring like karate and tae kwondo? so they added karate into it??? tht makes no sense

why do they still call their forms katas?
    shouldnt they still have been reckonized teaching a chinese art? obviously the indonesians would have seen that that was kung fu?
    Once again , what were they supposed to change it to??

What your saying is that there can be only one reason and not multiple reason as to why , it has to be that cut and dry for you??

Where did the japanese get the idea for the kimono?? who were some of the first people to venture in and out of China?The priests??

The GI is very close to what the monks wear,period. Beause of racism and variouos other local issues the art was made to look like karate, period.

If some one wanted to make their art look japanese they would have to add some elements that made it look so , now wouldn't they??

I have seen one step techniques in many martial arts so it is not exclusive to karate.

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    You have all of the answers and are wise beyond your years. My most humble and abject apologies, Wise Goju. bowing deeply

HA!
    You've finally seen the light. I've bowed down to his inpenetrable arguments and keen intellect long ago. He is clearly the next generation, the **** superior if you will. There is nothing we can tell him that he doesn't know. There is no martial art but his. He is perfection personified. He has no need of logic, of spelling, of punctuation, of factual underpinnings for his arguments. These are relics of the last evolutionary phase. In fact, we should all simply bow down to him now and stop this futile resistance.

Hail Goju the wise!!!

see as usual none of you shaolin do guys can explain your own bullplop

but maybe if you beleive it hard enough you can really convince yourself your learning shaolin lol

evil kung fu master laugh

BWGAGAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

you know i get the odd feeling theres just one shaolin do guy posting under multiple handles lol

you know i get the odd feeling theres just one shaolin do guy posting under multiple handles lol
    maybe it's you?? I have answered your questions and yet you just dismiss them , it is now official, you are a troll.

no i didnt i answered them above mojumbo