View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 717 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2176176677077157167177187197277678171217 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    no i didnt i answered them above mojumbo
    You wanted answers, you got them, what seems to be the problem??

This is better than television! Goju, your entertainment factor is off the scale, my strange little friend.

Talking

still havent got a reply to my questions and youve been doing sd for how long geeeez lol

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    You wanted answers, you got them, what seems to be the problem??
    where? since ive been on here nobodys answered and i asked more questions to the supposed answer that was given and i still havent got any reply

Here it is again......

Once again , what were they supposed to change it to??

What your saying is that there can be only one reason and not multiple reason as to why , it has to be that cut and dry for you??

Where did the japanese get the idea for the kimono?? who were some of the first people to venture in and out of China?The priests??

The GI is very close to what the monks wear,period. Beause of racism and variouos other local issues the art was made to look like karate, period.

If some one wanted to make their art look japanese they would have to add some elements that made it look so , now wouldn't they??

I have seen one step techniques in many martial arts so it is not exclusive to karate.
    try reading all the posts

oh come on be reall! they *******ized there art to make it look like karate?
    honestly it dosnt eve look like karate or taekwondo to tell you the truth basically it just looks made up

why wouldnt they have just taught in secret and kept the uniforms and names etc etc???? most kung fu school back then were supposed to any how

and no the karate gi looks like a bloody karate gi plain and simple

and yes it is that cut and dry when you here two different stories its obvious that major bs is being produced

expalin how its possible to know 900 forms?

oh come on be reall! they *******ized there art to make it look like karate?
    honestly it dosnt eve look like karate or taekwondo to tell you the truth basically it just looks made up

why wouldnt they have just taught in secret and kept the uniforms and names etc etc???? most kung fu school back then were supposed to any how

and no the karate gi looks like a bloody karate gi plain and simple
    it appears that way, doesnt it??

The art would have been lost .

What were they supposed to change the uniforms to??

It is durable and rugged and wil not be torn off of you as someone grabs you and attempts a throw.

I guess you have never seen a monks unifom up close. The construction is the same , minus the color.

and yes it is that cut and dry when you here two different stories its obvious that major bs is being produced

expalin how its possible to know 900 forms?
    They are not 2 different stories they are two reasons. Their is no real story, only facts.

It is possible to learn 900 forms just like it is possible to learn 900 of anything, it depends on your brains capacity. If you believe that you can not learn that many then keep telling yourself that and you won't.

There are people that have a large capacity to learn many things, Master The` is one of them.

why change anything as i said why not just teach in secret? they supposedly had to hide the fact it was shaolin no? then obviously they were advertising the style all over place thus making it reasonable that they woud just keep it secret and teach it to only chinese there fore not making it needed to add all these karate elements or what ever you call them

uh huh sure it is an the karate gi can easily be confused for a three peice pistripe hugo boss suit

how am i learning from books leung shums an eagle claw stylist i dont know eagle claw lol
    and what its tur shaolin do claims to have around 900 forms thats impossible to know that many

and know shaolin doh dose not participate in competions supposedly there technique is too deadly to use lol ig uess doing their forms are too dangerous to watch as well thats why they at the very least dont stick to form competions

some one said thats because they are frauds and know theyd get laughed out of the place but hey who knows

it is so easy to ruffle your guys feathers you know deep deep down inside your being scammed you just dont want to admit youve wasted time and money on a bogus art
    plus youd have to regrow back your hair lol
    Oh don't think you are ruffeling my feathers. I am very calmly and politely calling you and idiot. No animosity there.

The videos that I will put up (which have been up before) are of me in an open kung fu tournament (I took 3rd in advanced men sparring and 2nd or 3rd--its been a while so I forgot which--in weapons forms). So clearly your claim that we aren't allowed (or simply don't because the techniques are too deadly) is flat wrong. I've competed before. I know of several who have
    also. Stick to what you know (which so far hasn't shown to be much).

Every style has techniques that are not proper in a sporting event for safety reasons but it doesn't make our expression of the legal techniques "too deadly for competition." I believe that many TMA people (yes including SD) sometimes use this as an excuse and a crutch. But it's not true across the board as you claim.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 05-12-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

They are not 2 different stories they are two reasons. Their is no real story, only facts.

It is possible to learn 900 forms just like it is possible to learn 900 of anything, it depends on your brains capacity. If you believe that you can not learn that many then keep telling yourself that and you won't.

There are people that have a large capacity to learn many things, Master The` is one of them.
    no that is impossible as i noted leung sheum said trditonally you learned about two ro three forms ayear

wing lam in an interview said that soem of the general forms he displayed took about six moths if not more to learn a piece

generally speaking with kung fu it takes along time to master a form

put two or three forms a year till you get to 900 how long does that take lol

choy lay fut has i beleive around or slose too ahundred forms and it takes nearly all your life to learn them all IF you do

so imagine 900

wow sin must be awful special or a vampire lol

and the ones who are defending shaolin doh are ther one students gee what a suprise lol

i dont have the know how of how to send pics and videos im not very computer savy however i can send pics of my self throwing kicks or doing the splits or whatever else with my camera phone to your email
    thats about all i can do if you wanna see em leave me your email and ill send em
    E-mail MasterKiller. He is not SD and he will be glad to help you figure it out. For the record that was excuse number one.

If you want to e-mail them to me, my e-mail is tennjd2000@yahoo.com. I'll post them with mine if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

why change anything as i said why not just teach in secret? they supposedly had to hide the fact it was shaolin no? then obviously they were advertising the style all over place thus making it reasonable that they woud just keep it secret and teach it to only chinese there fore not making it needed to add all these karate elements or what ever you call them

uh huh sure it is an the karate gi can easily be confused for a three peice pistripe hugo boss suit
    The art would have been lost, it is obvious that they did not want that to happen.

And then again it could all be BS , it still does not change the content of the art, and for the most part , better than 95% is Chinese in origin.

Have you seen the list of material taught upto 6th BB?? Obviously Chinese material. All the lower belt material is common to most martial arts systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Oh don't think you are ruffeling my feathers. I am very calmly and politely calling you and idiot. No animosity there.

You didn't answer my question about putting videos of yourself up.

The videos that I will put up (which have been up before) are of me in an open kung fu tournament (I took 3rd in advanced men sparring and 2nd or 3rd--its been a while so I forgot which--in weapons forms). So clearly your claim that we aren't allowed (or simply don't because the techniques are too deadly) is flat wrong. I've competed before. I know of several who have
    also. Stick to what you know (which so far hasn't shown to be much).

Every style has techniques that are not proper in a sporting event for safety reasons but it doesn't make our expression of the legal techniques "too deadly for competition." I believe that many TMA people (yes including SD) sometimes use this as an excuse and a crutch. But it's not true across the board as you claim.

So, when can we expect the videos? Or are you just going to ignore me again?
    when did i ignore you lol you just responded to my post in which i responded to yours lol you people

no you completed your school didnt and why is that

wow several out of how many dojos? im impressed

anybody can join a shaolin do school and the text boy they give you says we do not compete because out technique is too deadly to be used in competions
    its in plain bloody english

dont make up this nonsense about me ignoring you im sorry but i have nothing to fear from some random shaolin do student over the net or in person for that matter

give me your email and ill send pics
    if you trust me enough i can send a video of me through the mail to your po box to you as well