View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 72 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374821221725721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

The website where TWS got that picture was from opendemocracy.com. That's the only website I can find that references Li Baoshu. I'm not saying that he did or did not exist (anymore than I can say Su Kong did or did not exist). I'm just saying that you can find more non-SD internet references to Su Kong than to Li Baoshu.

And, as we all know, if it's on the internet it must be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Ok, I did have it spelled wrong. Now it makes more sense. But still, if you search: "Li Baoshu" + "Hair" you only get 6 unique results two of which are at open democracy and are the only ones related to Li Baoshu. God only knows an attraction like that should have gotten more press attention. Personally I'd like to see a bunch of pictures of him.

Interesting Read: http://hcs.harvard.edu/~hapr/summer0...ookreview.html

This link basically states that there are 60,000 such people in the world today(whether or not it's true, who knows):
    http://funreports.com/2004/11/30/57331.html

-Will
    Last edited by wdl; 03-03-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Willow

Keep on posting that solid concrete evidence. WOW...
    With evidence like that all of us SD students should lower our heads with shame.
    Maybe after I stop laughing

Sorry its been a long day
    The stronger you become in mind and body the more responsibilities you must endure.

The thing is, we are in the same position as TWS in our proof. I know what I believe and I know what I can prove, but the two are often miles apart. I can't say that I "know" anything beyond the recollections of my experiences. The rest is conjecture.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Those aren't the same guy.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Those aren't the same guy.
    I'm curious. . . . Why don't you think the pictures are of the same guy?
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 03-03-2005 at 05:43 PM.

While I sense some conspiracy theory afloat with the missing Guniess Book from Louisville (it must be true since that book is gone) Surely someone else from a place where SD doesn't have a toe hold could go to the Library and find the book. That's the best evidence to what you are saying.
    I tried, but strangely, none of the libraries in our centeral Ohio library system stock any of the Guiness World Record books. This conspiracy may be much more widspread than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I tried, but strangely, none of the libraries in our centeral Ohio library system stock any of the Guiness World Record books. This conspiracy may be much more widspread than you think
    OMG, there are SD schools in Ohio. I suppose that when a new school moves into an area the first thing the instructor does is go to the Library and purge the Guiness World Record Books. Communists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    OMG, there are SD schools in Ohio. I suppose that when a new school moves into an area the first thing the instructor does is go to the Library and purge the Guiness World Record Books. Communists.
    I can check my local libraries in Seattle, there aren't any SDers in this area.

Just need to know the year of the book that supposedly has the picture.

*Sin The to SD Black Ops: Dispatch operative to Seattle to destroy all Guiness Books*
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 03-03-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow
    I can check my local libraries in Seattle, there aren't any SDers in this area.

Just need to know the year of the book that supposedly has the picture.

*Sin The to SD Black Ops: Dispatch operative to Seattle to destroy all Guiness Books*
    Operatives are on their way.

Ask TWS. I think he said he saw the book was published in the 1960s and he showed it to his teacher in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow
    Oh crap, I've got a plane to catch out of Knoxville, maybe the layover in Atlanta won't be too long so I can beat you there.

Maybe I won't get confused between Guinness books and Guinness on tap this time.

-Will
    Last edited by wdl; 03-03-2005 at 07:35 PM.

Quoted by judge pen
    "Ask TWS. I think he said he saw the book was published in the 1960s and he showed it to his teacher in the 80s."

I did not write or say that I SHOWED THIS BOOK to my previous teacher(hell if i had the d@mn book back then and found out then what i found out a couple of years ago then i would have quit SD long ago. no,this was a book shown to him that he told me about back in his training days. it was shown to him by a fellow student who chanced upon the book. It was a guiness book of records featuring circus freaks and the pic of "Su kong" was a full body shot with him in that suit and tie.

Peace,,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 03-03-2005 at 08:17 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

su kong

if su kong was so great and traveled to other temples to teach fighting monks and so on, then why isn't in the shaolin's history. they should at least mention him once or twice.

Let's say he didn't get out much.
    The Chinese at that time were very supertious, sorry this thing doesn't have spell check and its 1:00am. Even during WWII, the Chinese would run out in front of a P-40 taxing so the devil that was chasing them would be cut down by the prop.
    If memory is correct, I think that I read that he had left the temple twice.
    Which leaves me to this, why didn't he shave? Sure it would have sucked without out a Mach 4 razor.
    Last edited by BM2; 03-03-2005 at 10:54 PM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    I did not write or say that I SHOWED THIS BOOK to my previous teacher(hell if i had the d@mn book back then and found out then what i found out a couple of years ago then i would have quit SD long ago. no,this was a book shown to him that he told me about back in his training days. it was shown to him by a fellow student who chanced upon the book. It was a guiness book of records featuring circus freaks and the pic of "Su kong" was a full body shot with him in that suit and tie.

My bad. This is what you wrote:

"This information focused on the “hairy grandmanster,,which they name (Su Kong) My research turned up another Picture of “Su kong” whose name is actually ”li Baoshu” who was part of the bejing circus in the 1930’s and the picture that everyone sees of Li baoshu in the suit and tie was taken and put in an old guiness book of world records featuring “circus freak shows”(in this book it is a full body shot)the picture that is shown to everyone now and that has been for years is just a head shot(edited of course). This book was found at a public library in louisville kentucky and shown to my previous teacher back in the early 80’s(it was an old book from the late 60’s and for some reason is no longer at the library in Louisville Kentucky)."

So if I understand what you are saying. You (TWS) have never actually seen the book or the picture in question? You heard this information from somebody who saw the book themselves? I took your post to say that you had found the book "from your research."
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 03-04-2005 at 05:14 AM.