View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 722 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2226226727127207217227237247327728221222 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Pointing the heel turns the hips so that the striking foot hits with the heel. It helps prevent hitting with too much of the toes which could hyper-extend the foot and damage the ankle. Can't fight if you can't stand (expect for BJJ I guess).
    I agree 100%. It also opens the hips up and allows a larger range of motion. I've just noticed that a lot of people who are flexible get relaxed on this point (probably because they don't have to open their hips to get a certain range of motion).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

lol well why dont you post a p ic of you doing a side kick kwai

why do i ge the feeling you cant ? and i notice you failed to comment on tha horrendously ugly jab that was being thrown in that sparring pic lol

the guys feet were planted together to close and he was leaning in to far what school teaches that
    if pen moved otut the way that guy woulda fell on his face lol

oh as far as the knife edge for the side kick ive seen south chinese kung fu guys use it like that as well i fact wing lam demonstrated in one of his hungar videos and i saw another hung gar master use it ina kung fu tai chi special on hung gar s i guess we got the knife edge side kick from kung fu

however i prefer to do both
    and if any of you had any brain cells you would know that you aim the knife edge side kick ay t soft target areas not hard one otherwise youd destroy your ankle duh!

and i was laughing at the gut for his pipi long stocking hair not the kick

functional flexibilty lmao yeah thats what i always hear stiff people say who cant do the slipts
    why i do have too i have functinal flexiblity lol

i wann see your pics kwai in fact id like to see you do a side kick as high as mine
    school be in this functioal flexibility lol

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I agree 100%. It also opens the hips up and allows a larger range of motion. I've just noticed that a lot of people who are flexible get relaxed on this point (probably because they don't have to open their hips to get a certain range of motion).
    I agree with both of you. I'm fairly flexible forward and backward (and I mean fairly) but have lots of trouble with side-split-like activities. I agree with all that was said about the additional power generation and the correct striking surface associated with pointing the planted heel at the target. Plus, that let's me get a little higher. Fortunately, I'm 6'5" so I can kick head height on most people despite my inflexibility. Remember Kareem Abdul Jabar's side kicks in the Bruce Lee movie. Not flexible for Kareem, but easily head high on Bruce.

I will tell you all where he got his side kick form it was from a pic of Bruce Lee I have seen it many times even the hands are in the smae position. As far as side kicks I assure you prior to my back injury my flexibility and kicks would cut you in half , unfortunately I am still rehabing and getting my flexibility back.
    The keage or knife edge is used in snapping kicks such as Yoko Keagi Geri the heel is used in Yoko kekomi Geri or side thrist one should practice both in case you need it. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

god what a tard bruce lee was highly influenced by the kicks of taekwondo while he was freinds with grandmaster jhoon rhee in fact jeet kune do kicks are just taekwondo style leg techniques and since ive studied taekwondo well hmmm where did i get it from lol

oh sure the back injury gotcha

hey i got a funny question there suppose to teach iron body in shaolin do so why are those to using protection? shouldnt oso have iron shin?

kareem was quite agile for a man that big i was impressed

Hey with the hair comment, it's not like it's a current picture or anything. That was back in the mid 80's. Everyone had hair like that in those days. You should see what it looked like in the mid 70's.

Yeah, the knife edge sidekick to the soft targets. Hope you don't miss or fight a guy that moves around.

BTW, Oso is not in the SD camp and neither am I. Not everyone that posts on this thread is associated with SD.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

really post the 70s one lol

no i thought your kick was good

well either way again thats saying alot about pen and shaolin do getting hit with the ugliest punch ive ever seen in my life lol

well it depnds how i use it if im just using pure goju ryu w edont kick higher than the waist to its hard to miss kicks when you aim them at the person core and legs but if use taekwondo you got to be more careful because your legs go up so much higher
    bt ii can lick equally as good with both legs and because im flexible i can fire them real fast to be honest the side kicks the only kick i dont think ive ever missed lol its my favorite kick to throw

The pose that was shown was not the impact time of a tae kwon do kick unless you are a retard. The hip rolls over more and the heel is the impact point . BTW bruce lee was a friend of Jhoon Rhee but since I have met and know JR personally I do know that bruce did not get his kicks from him he in fact was a student and collegue of Chuck Norris and learned his kicks from him for the most part as far as Korean style kicks were concerned. Yes I have been rehabing my back and hips for a while it has really hampered my training. You are a real jerk and your attitude sucks. I still say you have no power and and cant kick effectively higher than your own butt. Truth hurts dont it?? KC

this just shows your a moron chuck norris is perhaps one the lousiest martial artist in the world to say that bruce lee would take anything from tha crack pot is immensely laughable lol the morn dosnt een say he does taekwondo or tangsoo doo he calls it karate

and the hell was the impact point in that photo anybody can clearly see that as far as your hip roll its a bogus as your functional flexibilty lol
    i dnt throw it ful force because you dotn throw full force kick in the air i lifted my leg and extended it and held it long enough for a picture to be taken

again wheres your pics kwai blow me away with your kicks

and i recal reading an interview a few years back with jhoon rhee where he says when him and bruce trained together he showed him different kicks

uh huh and yet you dont explain how you can possibly see how i have no power by looking at a photo lol nor have you explained your functional flexibilty either
    in fact like the other sd people here you cant back up anything you say i have
    i dont see any of you outside of judge showing pics i wonder why and his were mediocre at best

THIS RIGHT HERE JUST PROVES KWAI IS A LIAR AND A DOSNT KNOW JHOOON

hers a direct quote from the man in an inter view

"at the time he had almost no idea of kicks, while his hand techniques were good. by the way he had a chance too see me kick and break woods with ajumpinh licks and was much impressed by it. it was the fist time he saw such a kick. from that time on we became good freinds and he learned taekwondo kicking from me and i leanred hand techniques from him"

god it feels so good to alwasy be right

You make more money when you say you know Bruce Lee. You are about as right as Rain KC

lmao just admit your full of it and dont know what your talking about lol

Optimal AROM of the hip is 45 deg in Abduction., with the total of both hips the maximal power is reached at 90 degrees or parallel with the floor every 10 degrees greater creates a loose pack position of the hips. to generate more power at higher ranges the hip has to roll over thus creating more thrust utilizing the gluteus maximus and hamstring and quadriceps , you were not demonstrating the utilization of the larger muscle groups while kicking therefore the Biomechanics were not there . You therefore had no power. Of any consiquence. You are a young argumentativwe moron who has little or no knowledge of the biomechanics of the body for power or the physics associated with it. go buy a new G string and quit MA , you are a joke. KC