View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 724 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147227237247257267347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Tensei85....

I agree 100%. That is the way I was taught and it is how my students are taught. Unfortunately, one of the things missing in many of today's practicioners. But then, if you do not respect yourself, you cannot respect others. That makes you a simple brawler, not a martial artist.Attachment 5216

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Honestly, who cares about pictures of kicks or splits? Is this 1989?

You want to prove something, then put up a youtube video of a form, some bag work, some sparring....something that shows how you move.

All a picture proves is you know how to pose well.
    D@mmit you stoled my thunder.

Ok Cujo here's the deal.....this is turned into a p!ssing contest....everyone can post all the posey pictures they want....that is not a proof of skill (Yao yours was impressive)....it doesn't show how you move and if your utilizing the principles of the art.....anybody can pose for a picture and look like Jet Li.....a lot of people can do the splits, I have a female student who can turn her body inside out....what does that prove? She's limber....hell I'm 55 years old and can throw a reverse smash landing in full splits on both sides....so what, I worked on it.....doesn't make me Chung lee or even better than you.
    Nobody here really questions your skill only your mouth.....I hope you train hard and achieve your goals....maybe you can become a great MMA someday.......first you need to learn a little respect.....you come on here like a pompous A$$ spouting out sh!t that you really have no idea about....you base everything on your experience with a school that we have no respect for as well. You don't know us or how we train....you don't know GM Sin or any of the real SD masters. How long did you actually train with the Soards anyway? If you don't like something....find something you do and do it.....leave the rest alone....you can't change the world to fit you.....you can make an A$$ out of yourself though (you do have that skill)
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tensei85 View Post
    Somehow i think this thread is going to end very bad! but i still say you can't judge a person by what style they choose to practice or can relate too. I've met people that were in so called unsuperior forms of martial arts that could wipe the floor with most and then I've met people that were in so called "top secret" systems that couldn't fight to save there life.

it comes down to one of several things:

Maybe certain people are looking for different things besides just fighting skills (for instance a philosophy they can relate to, a hobby, health etc...)

You can't judge a system by the few representatives that you've met, you have to delve deeper into the theories and mechanics of the system to understand the formulas.

No one has the all answers of Martial Arts know how, we are all on the same path formulating as we go.

Lastly who's perspective can we actually use to rate which forms of Martial Arts are more superior than others? The truth is that its an illusion superiority never existed in the first place it was only a way for us to differentiate ourselves or make ourselves special and everyone else is "tv dinners"

That becomes an attachment and limits your growth by all dimensions.
    Very well said....you have been taught well...Cujo, here's a TEXT book example of respect to all

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    the guys feet were planted together to close and he was leaning in to far what school teaches that
    if pen moved otut the way that guy woulda fell on his face lol
    Well first, it wasn't a jab it was a right hook. 2nd, it was a snapshot so you get one fraction of a second. I had entered, thrown a combination which he blocked well and then he quickly moved his right foot up and slid his back foot in to quickly close the distance and land his hook. It was a very nice counter. He was not off balance and wouldn't have fallen. I was retreating following my failed combo, but I didn't get my hands up in time to block the hook, but I was fortunately moving away.

Oso used to regularly host an open sparring day at his school in Asheville. I'm sure you would be welcome since you are now critiquing non SD people as well.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 05-14-2009 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    that is not a proof of skill (Yao yours was impressive)....
    BQ
    Nah you want impressive ... get Yao to post up the Tong Zi Gong posture. I've seen him slide into that after him driving for X hours to pay a visit. Made me ill to see him do that like that, but in a good way watching a KF uncle.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Well first, it wasn't a jab it was a right hook. 2nd, it was a snapshot so you get one fraction of a second. I had entered, thrown a combonation which he blocked well and then he quickly moved his right foot up and slid his back foot in to quickly close the distance and land his hook. It was a very nice counter. He was not off balance and wouldn't have fallen. I was retreating following my failed combo, but I didn't get my hands up in time to block the hook, but I was fortunatley moving away.

Oso used to regularly host an open sparring day at his school in Asheville. I'm sure you would be welcome since you are now criticing non SD people as well.
    I thought it was a right hook and a snapshot and not off balance...didn't want to answer for you
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Nah you want impressive ... get Yao to post up the Tong Zi Gong posture. I've seen him slide into that after him driving for X hours to pay a visit. Made me ill to see him do that like that, but in a good way watching a KF uncle.
    You keep prodding him maybe he will post it...I want to see
    BQ

I thought it was a right hook and a snapshot and not off balance...didn't want to answer for you
    BQ
    Oso is a very well rounded martial artist. CMA, wrestling, jujitsu. He moves well for a guy his size and is decptively quick. I would think twice before criticizing someone you don't know that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Oso is a very well rounded martial artist. CMA, wrestling, jujitsu. He moves well for a guy his size and is decptively quick. I would think twice before criticizing someone you don't know that well.
    It's easy to do that on here JP.....computers don't hit back
    BQ

You keep prodding him maybe he will post it...I want to see
    BQ
    I'm trying...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Come on Yao post it.....I don't care if your dressed like super fly...lets see it
    BQ

I want one of those
    I don't think you really want Sean's wind, take my word for it. I roomed with him in China.
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    I don't think you really want Sean's wind, take my word for it. I roomed with him in China.
    You have little room to speak little brother...

Bingo!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Honestly, who cares about pictures of kicks or splits? Is this 1989?

You want to prove something, then put up a youtube video of a form, some bag work, some sparring....something that shows how you move.

All a picture proves is you know how to pose well.
    Thanks, exactly what I was going to post!!How do we even know it is him????