View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 725 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2256256757157237247257267277357758251225 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Hey...

....at least this knucklehead has revived this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Tensei85....

I agree 100%. That is the way I was taught and it is how my students are taught. Unfortunately, one of the things missing in many of today's practicioners. But then, if you do not respect yourself, you cannot respect others. That makes you a simple brawler, not a martial artist.Attachment 5216
    Hey Frank,
    How's life treating you
    BQ

i dont train sd. but connecting with the heel on a sidekick is the same method we use in standard shaolin kicking.

the analogy someone use of a spear is right on. you connect with the heal, you have less in the way to absorb the force.

i always call into question any time anyone referes to themself as 'perfect'.

thats a red flag any way you look at it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

double post....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

BQ,

How's it going? Just hanging out and doing my thing...as much as I am able. The Army broke me up a little. Glad to have made it to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    You keep prodding him maybe he will post it...I want to see
    BQ
    I really need to do a better one as this was short notice. I've seen the Shaolin Monks twist into this then lift the extended foot. I usually start from standing on one leg and slip myother leg around and through as I drop down.

I also added the 70's hair pic for Goju. Everyone my age has a pic like this from the hippie days.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I really need to do a better one as this was short notice. I've seen the Shaolin Monks twist into this then lift the extended foot. I usually start from standing on one leg and slip myother leg around and through as I drop down.

I also added the 70's hair pic for Goju. Everyone my age has a pic like this from the hippie days.
    70's hair pic meets my approval - very nice!
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

what a suprise no picks from kwai lol no ogf course pci of a kick isnt and end all to see how good you are however since my side kcik was supposed to so horrendous i want to see kwai sjow me the correct way lol

the fact that he wont shows hes all talk

okay so im the arrogant one yet kwai assumes because hes older and he automatically knows more lol
    not to mention he supposedly is leaps and bounds more flexible than i am and can cut people in half with his kicks lol

outside of saying i threw a textbook side kick i have not resorted to such lunacy

certainly i beleive im beteter than any sd student but then again thats not saying much at all

i do have respect for many styles teachers etc
    however i do not repect sd as a whole

like the 70s hair!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Go Ju are you really as dumb as you act, the only pics I have is when I was 17 or 16 years old, prob not interested, So. as you say I am old I am not , but I do know a spoiled little boy when I meet one. Most are rude inconsiderate and disrespectful and you fit most of those and more. And I will use a quote from a movie to respond to your request "my skills are not there to impress you". So say what you want and take my word for it. Because that is all you deserve. KC

uh huh what acoincidence you havent any pics gee never would have guessed i guess well just have to rely on your word

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    certainly i beleive im beteter than any sd student but then again thats not saying much at all
    Please keep thinking that. Please "beleive" that you are "beteter" than any sd student.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 05-14-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

assuming you are better than every person from any particular style shows how much you still have to learn.

Talking

i assume anybody walking off the street to join sd is allready better than the the senoir students that have been there for years actually

and i know i dont believe

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    BQ,

How's it going? Just hanging out and doing my thing...as much as I am able. The Army broke me up a little. Glad to have made it to retirement.
    Yeah...I got about 6 or so years left....I'm ready right now.....least you will have great health care to get you through.....my sons got in 8 years now (airborne) and I hope he can hang in for the rest....he still wants to so far.....
    Best to you,
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i assume anybody walking off the street to join sd is allready better than the the senoir students that have been there for years actually

and i know i dont believe
    Glad to at least see you use the word assume.
    BQ