View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 730 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2306306807207287297307317327407808301230 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Traditionally does anyone remember if there is a set number as to how many Mei Hua Jong there are supposed to be?
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    And to spur some Kung Fu talk I posted this a few years ago when someone asked about using Plum Flower Poles.

I built my portable set with pvc from Home Depot and it's easy enough to make up a routine or just practice random moves. I don't have much in the way of KF video.

Have at it.

Opps, had to add it back to youtube. Don't know why it's not there anymore. Here's the new link.

Can't say I haven't contributed.
    Nice!!! That's just what I've been looking for.....I'm making some of those to use with my Baqua students......a lot less work than pouring concrete into flower pots and a he!! of a lot easier to put away hope you don't mind...I already have them holding postures on weighted sports balls....this will be great for their circle walking
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    1. Who remembers the posts put in the old sand volleyball area behind the Sportscenter in Lexington? About a dozen of them, 12 inch diameter, 2-4 ft off the ground (various heights) if I remember correctly. Did we not train on them wearing those homemade platform shoes, and carring the pickle buckets full of water?

HAHAHAHA.....I forgot about those fuking shoes weight vest have replaced the buckets.

2. Also: How can that be TCMA -- he's wearing khakis from JC Penney. They didn't have khaki's from JC Penney in Shaolin. Its got to be a fraud! (YS - I hope you see my tongue in cheek -- I love your form and traiing ingenuity).
    jakfjfk;jk;

Did you guys see the post about the Lost Shaolin Temple on the Forum look at it it gives SD history some credibility as I am sure many will argue its validity. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

lol yeah sure it does

I thought I had a list of parts because I was going to write up some instructions for the project but I can't find them anywhere.

I posted this now and originally so that others can make them for practice so run with it and be creative.

Most of the connections have been glued together so it doesn't fall apart while jumping around on them but I left thee center unglued so I can fold them up, or seperate into 2 pieces, for storage.

I'll see if I can write up the parts list and basic instructions. I'll also post video of a practice routine if anyone needs something to get started. The video I put up was just an example because someone had asked what can you do on them.

Maybe I should start building them and selling on Ebay.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

See I knew that would bring Go Ju out of the woodwork. It talks about the Fujien Shaolin Temple pretty interesting so Go Ju why dont you disproove the article BwaHahahahahahahah KC

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    lol yeah sure it does
    Now now GoJu! You'd done such a good job of not antagonizing KC over the last 24 hours... Let's not backslide back into that old BS, especially when I pretty much summed it all up in that unintelligible paragraph in one of my last posts. C'mon man, you're better than that! Maybe if you say something nice to KC then he will say something nice to you and then you will have planted the seed. Maybe you should tell KC that you admire that he continues to train with such dedication at 50? A lot of guys that age have gone to seed and can't do squat for exercise, but he's sticking with it. Then maybe KC will return with something nice about you. Then we roast marshmallows.
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

Talking

i donr see the point lol and im called arrogant now sd is traced back to some lost temple gasp! could it be a temple from atlantis!!!!!!!

thats why sin knows 900 forms hes an devine being from the sunken civilization!!!!

i sw the article dosnt have anything to do with sd not to mention that sd dosnt even remotely resemble fukien martila arts

trust me i know goju ryu is mainly drawn from that region

wheres the marshmallows?

THe point is that SD traces its origins to a temple in the Fujien Province a Shaolin Temple all have said the temple does not exist well thas article , if true, is an example of how SD can trace itself to the Shaolin Temple maybe not the well known one but history is skewed and I dont believe any of us have all the facts. So the more I learn the more I feel the history is 75% true. And I have spoken with GMT and have found no flaws in his "story" of SD and its history. If a person lies then the lie will bite them his story has stayed the same. It is others that have changed it not him. So I ask Go Ju to disprove the origin of SD and therefore the history of SD. He cant so he wont. no one can KC

i donr see the point lol and im called arrogant now sd is traced back to some lost temple gasp! could it be a temple from atlantis!!!!!!!

thats why sin knows 900 forms hes an devine being from the sunken civilization!!!!

i sw the article dosnt have anything to do with sd not to mention that sd dosnt even remotely resemble fukien martila arts

trust me i know goju ryu is mainly drawn from that region

wheres the marshmallows?
    You don't get any goddam marshmallows! You have to be nice and pay a compliment to KC and start to get along! Until then, no one gets marshmallows! I will turn this car around and we will go back home! No dessert for you! No Christmas either! And if you can't be nice to others, I'm taking Hanukkah away too!!!!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

Your not my father!!!! Ma told me i was the mail mans!!!!

i allready have how many times do i have too
    firstly know one outside of sd circles even knows who the hell sin kwang the is

two it is impossible to know 900 forms i dont care if you started at the age of three forms are not taught until you have completely mastered them. look at choy lay fut for example theres around what a hundred forms and i recall a leading grandmaster of the style saying even if you start young youll be lucky if you learn the whole system so 900 lol be real here

three even on sin kwang the site the website is called sin kwang thes karate!!! DI YOU KNOW THAT!! but yet they teach shaolin........ okay

three man owns over a hundred"dojos" impossible all the quality masters only have a hand full of students this is aa classic and obvious sign of a mcdojo

and again with the uniforms and the names how would calling it shaolin do hide it from the indonesians ITS STILL CALLED SHAOLIN !!!!! lol
    and know they dont wear karate like uniforms they wear tiger claw karate uniforms you can buy on a link to this site lol

the notion that they changed their names to hide it from the indonesians a lie
    one they would have just taught in secret. which most kung fu masters did(they didnt exactly advertise in the phone book back in the day ya know)
    and two when sin came to the united states he would have dropped the kata ippon kumite etc etc and still not be claiming it karate to this day

now im gonna check on my fiancee ill finish later

oh yes lets forget about the harry dog man kung fu master who some how was alinated from soceity yet has pictures taken of him wearing western attire

or the fact that shaolin do had forms like meteor fist and golden leopard which no ther shaolin branch even acknwoledges as beingan actual form

and add to the fact that they list xingyi tai chi pak kua as being shaoil when it is doaist lol

even you yourself admitted your only seventy percent convinced of the arts historical cliams if the arts history is rubbish then the art itself is rubbish as well

shaolin do dosnt resemble southern kung fu in the least and as has been noted before there is absolutely no proof from anybody including sin kwang the that what he teaches is shaolin. and why cant he prove that?

in fact i know for a fact they call it shaolin do so they cant be sued by the temple for being frauds because there can always be some legal jargin used to say oh no they never claimed its shaolin its shaolin DO lmao

god there are more holes in sd than swiss cheese

or yetis underwear lol

god there are more holes in sd than swiss cheese

or yetis underwear lol
    I been nothing but nice to you man, despite the fact that you are raping English language grammar and style. I even tried to be nice about the fact that you sound like a broken fuking record with this ish, and try and keep things cordial. And your mother put the holes in my underwear when she took them off using her teeth.