View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 731 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2316316817217297307317327337417818311231 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

whats english style lol

like my mother has any teeth lol

Goju

When I w/o I wear Chefs pants!! yeah they are baggy and loose and are not cut like these modern uniforms. So I guess since I use Chef pants I am a Cook instead of a MA. You may think that but my french pastries are superb , haha. You wrote 70% when I said 75% and what I feel is right is skewed by history not GMT. You also said you could prove something then doit dont just say it. BTW it was called SD since the early 80's or late 70's. The ST wasnt even caring about the name at that time. . Also SD doesnt resemble Southern Kung Fu because it is more than just that. It is traced back to more than one temple. This is all I am going to say if Go Ju wants knowledge he is going to have to read the thread and learn, much like he has learned his MA from reading. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

everyone always makes the big deal about using the words karate or shaolin...
    i often think of how when GMS came to the U.S. that karate was i much more well known word in the use and was used to think of ALL eastern martial arts.. so i would think it could have been used to help people to understand what was going on?

and i also often think the work shaolin was an unknown thing by most people in this country at that time, so i feel it was most likely used because THATS WHAT IT WAS. I mean why elsa would you begin using that if no one would have known what you were talking about. So i feel at that time there was no benifit to using the name of shaolin? but i was what was.

another thing i have seen and wonder if any one elsa has ever seen this....
    i have ran across a few books form the late 60s early 70s where a master teaching a kung fu style had all of his students wearing GIs,, thats what was in the pics, now the teacher was in fogbuttons but his students wore GIs? i alway just that they use what they could get at the time...

and on belts.........please just look around,,,,,,,,i run across alot worse **** then that from many so called quality schools...
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Nice!!! That's just what I've been looking for.....I'm making some of those to use with my Baqua students......a lot less work than pouring concrete into flower pots and a he!! of a lot easier to put away hope you don't mind...I already have them holding postures on weighted sports balls....this will be great for their circle walking
    BQ
    We would use paint buckets for may flower excercises, circle walking, various push up training and one leg squats. Works well in a pinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

lol the xcuses made to try to make sense out of the history and the style lol

its still circle talking from you guys

Does anyone on here own a Shaolin MA uniform // How is it made etc??? KC

JP I have PM for you clear some space KC

Those shoes

"HAHAHAHA.....I forgot about those fuking shoes weight vest have replaced the
    buckets." (Baqualin)

I still have the shoes. And the buckets. And the weight vest.

And Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's book on Emei Baguazhang has a post pattern and walking path between and around the posts, and prescribes a circle of bricks to walk upon, also with weights in each hand while doing so -- like the buckets.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Does anyone on here own a Shaolin MA uniform // How is it made etc??? KC
    I own one, an orange one, which I bought at the Shaolin Temple when I was in China. I don't train in it (never have), but it makes a great Halloween costume. It's a somewhat durable cotton/poly blend I believe. If I recall correctly it's mostly poly/other synthetic, which is another reason I don't train in it, as cotton is easier to care for. It's basically a top and a bottom, both orange, elastic waist and ankles on the pants, which are virtually identical to the pants worn in most Chinese martial arts. Really the only difference between the Shaolin pants and karate pants is the open ends of the karate pants. The top folds one end over the other in similar fashion to the karate gi top. It is roughly as long as a karate top and stitched more or less identically. Tying a sash around the waist rather than a karate belt and wearing the long socks and kung fu shoes, along with the orange color, helps make them look more different than the karate uniform, but having worn both I can tell you they are pretty **** similar. I hope this is what you were looking for.
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

I learned everything I know now just by watching this video.

I'm amazing. Now you can be amazing, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccF50ssJKVA

Lmao!!! Shaolin wookie!!!!!!! I almost feel off my chair

BTW, Barack Obama owns up to the world's #1 lineage controversy.

You don't...hate America....do you, Goju?

SOMEBODY BOO THAT MAN!!!!

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Lmao!!! Shaolin wookie!!!!!!! I almost feel off my chair
    If you're a parapalegic, and it happened to be a wheelchair, I hope you at least learned how to carthweel back into it.

oh yeah and technically the karate uniforms werent originally karate uniforms
    krate is from okinawa not japan and thus is not a japanese art like many think
    and when the okinawans were trying to introduce karate to japan the japanese didnt really get it
    so they okinawans used the japanese uniforms and the belt system from judo and used japanese names to ease krate along and the japanese excepted it

traditionally there is no karate uniform the okinawans were very casual about teaching and didnt even have names for their kata or moves

god your going to catch so much **** from these guys for calling that master shaolin wookie lol
    im just going to sit back and watch the train wreck