View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 747 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377457467477487497577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

why all you sd guys do is circle talk youve never answered any questions fully about the japanese names uniforms etcetcetc
    Last edited by goju; 05-25-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    whats a real player suppose to qualify as according to you? and i told you thats was five years ago you honestly expect me to remember those people there lol
    and how would you know them to begin with?
    Five years ago , HUH?? Yes , I do!!
    #1. If it was five years ago, why are you still so hung up on the fact that you didnt get what you wanted out of it ,feel the need to be immature about it and talk A LOT of nonsense about it?? CUT IT LOOSE ALREADY!!!

#2.If you remembered that it was five years ago , that the person was a 3rd black, that they were in there thirties and the fact that you say you beat them in a sparring match Etc. I should be ableto expect,with in reason, that you would remember someone's name. Based just on the fact that you remembered that much about it!!!!

#3. I have been doing SD since 1990, I had to go to Denver to pass in levels past black belt, spent summer vacations in Colorado Springs , took the seminars in Denver and Boulder when Master Sin was in town, not failing to mention I know a few people in the general area in which you live.

So, what now BEEEAAAATTTTCCHH??

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    How about answering my questions first?? I noticed that you left out that part. I have been nice to you as well but there comes a point where I am not going to put up with things being one sided. Now answer my questions and I will answer yours.
    i thought that was understood, since you mentioned shaolin temple"s" and sd being a part of shaolin, and affiliated with the shaolin temple"s" through their material. but fair enough....

Shaolin meaning who, what or where??Have they ever said that they were affiliated with the Shaolin temples other than by the material that is practiced????? I never said I accepted it based on the name.
    obviously, shaolin is not restricted to the songshan shaolin monastery, its monks, or even its current material. however, other styles that have spread throughout china and elsewhere that can be called "shaolin" even though they may differ quite a bit from region to region depending on the styles of the locals, are at least traceable to the songshan shaolin monastery.

what sd does is not at all related to what is or was practiced by songshan shaolin monastery masters, and is not traceable, unlike many styles in china that have now changed quite a bit from what was and is now taught and practiced at the monastery.

thats the difference. if sd can be said to be a part of shaolin, or affiliated with the monastery through material, those statements must be verifiable. they arent, and nothing from sd remotely resembles anything from songshan in any time period.

therefore, there is no logical reason to believe sd history or material being related to shaolin. hence, i say you believe it based on sd simply bearing the shaolin name. people can say whatever they want, knowing that since its not verifiable, they will always have infinite loopholes.

why all you sd guys do is circle talk youve never answered any questions fully about the japanese names uniforms etcetcetc
    MY Name is GOJU and I can not read and comprehend .

Personally I wear it because it works better than anything else. Why do you??

GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!!

look at what i posted i gave vague descriptions goof ball i he looked in his thirties didnt ask him to be honest but obvioisly he wasnt a teen i dont remeber what his favorite color was eithe ror wether he liked holding hands and long windy walks

and how am i suppose to give out names you sd guys are so well known in the ma community just mentioning a name will give somebody credit? lmao
    yes and in 1990 i was three years old you fool

So, what now BEEEAAAATTTTCCHH??[/QUOTE]

MY Name is GOJU and I can not read and comprehend .

Personally I wear it because it works better than anything else. Why do you??

"GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!!"
    yes you should take your own advice your going to get constipated with such anger

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    i thought that was understood, since you mentioned shaolin temple"s" and sd being a part of shaolin, and affiliated with the shaolin temple"s" through their material. but fair enough....

obviously, shaolin is not restricted to the songshan shaolin monastery, its monks, or even its current material. however, other styles that have spread throughout china and elsewhere that can be called "shaolin" even though they may differ quite a bit from region to region depending on the styles of the locals, are at least traceable to the songshan shaolin monastery.

what sd does is not at all related to what is or was practiced by songshan shaolin monastery masters, and is not traceable, unlike many styles in china that have now changed quite a bit from what was and is now taught and practiced at the monastery.

thats the difference. if sd can be said to be a part of shaolin, or affiliated with the monastery through material, those statements must be verifiable. they arent, and nothing from sd remotely resembles anything from songshan in any time period.

therefore, there is no logical reason to believe sd history or material being related to shaolin. hence, i say you believe it based on sd simply bearing the shaolin name. people can say whatever they want, knowing that since its not verifiable, they will always have infinite loopholes.
    Lets be clear and concise as to what we are actually taking about. If you want to have a specific conversation and do not want to have a general conversation about this , I believe that we must establish some rules, guidelines as well as establish what is universally known, acceptable and verifiable in regards to the subject. Agreed ?? Until then .......
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-25-2009 at 08:52 PM.

........... in 1990 i was three years old you fool
    Exactly!!!!! finally the answer to a question!!!!

oh gawd i feel another lecture coming on about how shaolin do is a way of life and attitude than an actual style lol

why do you wear the japanese uniforms??? etcetcetc
    Like I said, it is better than anything else. along with a few other reasons.

the japanese terminolgy ? Actually I teach it in Japanese, chinese and english ,

Hopefully soon I will get a better understanding of how to say it in spanish.along with afew other reasons

So why do you use them??

i dont im an okinawan stylist remember not japanese

oh gawd i feel another lecture coming on about how shaolin do is a way of life and attitude than an actual style lol
    why would you think that?? What is Shaolin by your definiton??

i dont im an okinawan stylist remember not japanese
    so you do not wear a gi?? What dialect or language do you use???

Lets be clear and concise as to what we are actually taking about. If you want to have a specific conversation and do not want to have a general conversation about this , I believe that we must establish some rules, guidelines as well as establish what is universally known, acceptable and verifiable in regards to the subject. Agreed ?? Until then .......
    was i not?

i usually just train in sweats or gi pants without a shirt
    i call aside kick a side kicka punch a punch
    the okinawans are very casual with how they teach they didnt use to have names for any of the kata or moves until much later