View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 748 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2486486987387467477487497507587988481248 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    was i not?
    Enh?? . I would like to have a respectful and mature debate about this, without name calling or childish BS.
    I woud like us to agree on what sources are great, good, ok , fair and bad.
    If we can not agree and it is taking away from the point of the debate that we skip it and move on. Also, there should be nothing brought in to the debate that is irrelavent or is non-intrinsic to the debate..... can you think of anything else???

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i usually just train in sweats or gi pants without a shirt
    i call aside kick a side kicka punch a punch
    the okinawans are very casual with how they teach they didnt use to have names for any of the kata or moves until much later
    Interesting. I used to do Okinawa Te. They were very strict about everything from what I remember. How long have you been studying??? Who is your teacher?? Do you study in Denver?

Chojun Miyagi was the founder of GO JU I think Go JU learned from Mr Miyagi on the Karate Kid movie hey Go Ju are you Ralph Macchio? If you are that good I fear you greatly. Still practicing the drum technique KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Enh?? . I would like to have a respectful and mature debate about this, without name calling or childish BS.
    I woud like us to agree on what sources are great, good, ok , fair and bad.
    If we can not agree and it is taking away from the point of the debate that we skip it and move on. Also, there should be nothing brought in to the debate that is irrelavent or is non-intrinsic to the debate..... can you think of anything else???
    i'm not part of your argument with goju. so i dont know what you're talking about.

would you like to simply address the points made, or not?

oh so you teach a mish mash of this and that got ya
    i allready proved my skill like that guy with the plum flower posts i could tell he was good just by looking at the photo of him doing a side kick
    it takes a high level of balance and coordination in order to hold a kick that high long enough for someone to snap a pic
    your sad excuse that even a ballerina could do that just proves my point about you guys at sd your delusional and when i ask for pics of you the only one with the bullocks to do so was penn

and im makinga video of me working out and training tomoorow when i have it done anybody that wants to see it let me know and ill mail it to them
    Please mail to me. As for SD forms dod not require strength, the photos I posted included me doing a one-leg squat. Granted that's not an amazing feat of skill, but it does take a bit of strength and balance. My teacher trains this form by doing 5 sets of 10 on each leg. That is impressive to me, but maybe I'm easily impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

why all you sd guys do is circle talk youve never answered any questions fully about the japanese names uniforms etcetcetc
    It has been answered ad naseum in this thread. Let me sum it up: It was mixed into the terminology in Indonesia because of the cultural influences and melting-pot nature of what was going on there in the early to mid 1900s and also because that terminology was more accepted and understood to American (especially in Ky) during the 1960s. If anything Sin The could be accused of taking advantage of the term karate as a marketing ploy more than shaolin. At least initially. My understanding is that he called it shaolin do karate initially. Karate because that's what people called any Asian martial art at the time (and many still do).

The problem is that you will accept no other explanination other than "It's false."
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

i usually just train in sweats or gi pants without a shirt
    That's very Patrick Swayze of you. Have you seen Roadhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    i'm not part of your argument with goju. so i dont know what you're talking about.

would you like to simply address the points made, or not?
    I know your not. I just thought that if we were going to have a debate about it that we should do so like educated adults, is that too much to ask??

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    LMAO!!!NOw thats funny!!!

Lmao!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Chojun Miyagi was the founder of GO JU I think Go JU learned from Mr Miyagi on the Karate Kid movie hey Go Ju are you Ralph Macchio? If you are that good I fear you greatly. Still practicing the drum technique KC
    Now thats even funnier!!!

Interesting. I used to do Okinawa Te. They were very strict about everything from what I remember. How long have you been studying??? Who is your teacher?? Do you study in Denver?
    yes and theres a great difference between modern karate and traditional karate
    tradtionally karate had no names for its kata moves etcetc you simply shut up and learned and when you were done learning you one tecnique you were given another one
    karate began to be modernized when the okinawans wanted to introduce it to japan . originally the japanese didnt get krate so the okinawans modified it for them began adopting japanese names for their moves and katas and began putting their knowledge into books somethin that was unheard of before

as isaid before i learned from my uncle who learned from a akorean master named sung cho where sung cho learned his taekwondo and goju i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    uh huh its funny you mentioned the karate kid i recall a issue of kung fu tai chi when they had sin demonstrating hua fist lol and all he kept showing was that silly crane stance apparently thats all there is to that form if we go by him

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    lol ive wanted to but i always miss it when its on!

I know your not. I just thought that if we were going to have a debate about it that we should do so like educated adults, is that too much to ask??
    oh yes claiming you no more because your an old man and you screaming LIAR!!!! every other word real adult

yes and theres a great difference between modern karate and traditional karate
    tradtionally karate had no names for its kata moves etcetc you simply shut up and learned and when you were done learning you one tecnique you were given another one
    karate began to be modernized when the okinawans wanted to introduce it to japan . originally the japanese didnt get krate so the okinawans modified it for them began adopting japanese names for their moves and katas and began putting their knowledge into books somethin that was unheard of before

as isaid before i learned from my uncle who learned from a akorean master named sung cho where sung cho learned his taekwondo and goju i have no idea
    I see, interesting. So you are learning from your uncle or you learned what you know from your uncle?? Korean , Okinawan Karate master? Interesting