View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 749 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2496496997397477487497507517597998491249 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i learned from my uncle who learned from a akorean master named sung cho where sung cho learned his taekwondo and goju i have no idea
    So your lineage is just as unverifiable as SD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

oh yes claiming you no more because your an old man and you screaming LIAR!!!! every other word real adult
    where did I say I knew more?/ when was I screaming anything?? I was typing in capital letters. It was not every other word. If you want to go back to early yesterday that is fine but I will be no part of it . If you want to go back to how we were talkning last nigh then I will engage in the conversation. Its up to you!!

my unlce trained under cho then he trained me its not suprising cho was an okiniwan stylist as well a lot of koreans masters no a chinese style or an okinawan one for example praying mantis kung fu is real big down there in korea

uh huh its funny you mentioned the karate kid i recall a issue of kung fu tai chi when they had sin demonstrating hua fist lol and all he kept showing was that silly crane stance apparently thats all there is to that form if we go by him
    Well there's a lot more to it than that, but you know everything else already, so why should we throw pearls to swine.

You should really check out Roadhouse. Great cheesy 80's flick.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    where did I say I knew more?/ when was I screaming anything?? I was typing in capital letters. It was not every other word. If you want to go back to early yesterday that is fine but I will be no part of it . If you want to go back to how we were talkning last nigh then I will engage in the conversation. Its up to you!!
    i was taking about kwai using his pathetic im older i know more excuse you ninny not you!

my unlce trained under cho then he trained me its not suprising cho was an okiniwan stylist as well a lot of koreans masters no a chinese style or an okinawan one for example praying mantis kung fu is real big down there in korea
    Says who? You from your uncle from an unknown korean karate "master." Have you met your uncle's teacher?

Goju,

I go to CSC Boulder. Im good at sparring too. Im 6' 175 Lbs and im athletic, quick, and intelligent. Ive been at CSC for a year now. Ive definitely had bouts with BB of third degree and I felt afterwards that I was able to get attacks in and evade much of their attacks. What you have to understand is that sparring is different than fighting.
    That same BB has been training his hands, feet, shins, forearms, rib cage etc for years longer than I have. If we had really been fighting who cares if I was quicker my blows would not have been nearly as effective as his. His forearms blocks would hurt me badly. His hands and feet being much harder than mine would injure me much easier than my relatively soft weapons against his more thoroughly trained body.
    Just because I felt I won a sparring match against one of these BB doesnt mean I think Im a better fighter or a better martial artist. These guys have to go through iron bone training, weight vest conditioning, outdoor conditioning, and endurance punching and kicking, not to mention sparring more often with more contact then youll see in lower belt classes.
    When a BB sparrs in lower belt classes he is usually either holding back ( until I try to challenge em of course) or hes trying to practice a specific style or application that he needs working on, thus making him willing to take a few shots while he figures out the best way to make it work.
    Sparring is a training exercise period and is not the same as a fight where your trying to hurt each other. I have successful sparring matches against BB all the time. It doesnt mean I have no respect for their knowledge and skill or some how think that Im some sort of prima donna. There is still alot I can learn from this school so I will be staying here until I learn it.

By the way tatooed monk I totally wish I was at your school, it sounds like a much better approach than what the Soards have going on here. But alas CSC is my only option for CMA at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Well there's a lot more to it than that, but you know everything else already, so why should we throw pearls to swine.

You should really check out Roadhouse. Great cheesy 80's flick.
    yeah yeah ive been wanting to see that movie lol since i saw them makin fun of it ona vh1 one special
    on a serious note i dont usually wear a top because the first thing you do when you start goju ryu is sanchin kata which requires you be shirtless to preform it correctly and i beleive to many clothes restrict the chi flow and trust m efellas a damp sweaty gis is not nice to have no for hours at a time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Goju,

I go to CSC Boulder. Im good at sparring too. Im 6' 175 Lbs and im athletic, quick, and intelligent. Ive been at CSC for a year now. Ive definitely had bouts with BB of third degree and I felt afterwards that I was able to get attacks in and evade much of their attacks. What you have to understand is that sparring is different than fighting.
    That same BB has been training his hands, feet, shins, forearms, rib cage etc for years longer than I have. If we had really been fighting who cares if I was quicker my blows would not have been nearly as effective as his. His forearms blocks would hurt me badly. His hands and feet being much harder than mine would injure me much easier than my relatively soft weapons against his more thoroughly trained body.
    Just because I felt I won a sparring match against one of these BB doesnt mean I think Im a better fighter or a better martial artist. These guys have to go through iron bone training, weight vest conditioning, outdoor conditioning, and endurance punching and kicking, not to mention sparring more often with more contact then youll see in lower belt classes.
    When a BB sparrs in lower belt classes he is usually either holding back ( until I try to challenge em of course) or hes trying to practice a specific style or application that he needs working on, thus making him willing to take a few shots while he figures out the best way to make it work.
    Sparring is a training exercise period and is not the same as a fight where your trying to hurt each other. I have successful sparring matches against BB all the time. It doesnt mean I have no respect for their knowledge and skill or some how think that Im some sort of prima donna. There is still alot I can learn from this school so I will be staying here until I learn it.

By the way tatooed monk I totally wish I was at your school, it sounds like a much better approach than what the Soards have going on here. But alas CSC is my only option for CMA at the moment.
    lmao oh yesh i got that excuse when i first threw a black belt across the room during sparring one of black belts came up to me and went oh he let you do that you know? lmao!
    see the problem with this is if your an advances student as chojun miyagi noted you should be a good steward of your technique

in other words the higher belts i sparred should have been able to beat me with out doing any serious damage at all
    the notion that they were holding back is just something that someones says when they get their ass kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Goju,

Thanks!!! You are welcome here anytime. Remember there is no winning and losing in sparring matches . Black belts are supposed to spar at the level of the lower belt they are sparring with . Sparring is a training tool not a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Says who? You from your uncle from an unknown korean karate "master." Have you met your uncle's teacher?
    what do you mean says who? well yeah penn not all masters are widely known and have their only layouts in magazines you know that right? in fact the overwhelming majority of them dont. look at sin know body knows who the hell he is outside of your circle

no i nver met him his school was gone for quite some time now though i did meet tiger kim a few years back and ask him if he remembered sung cho. from his response i guess either he dosnt know where he is or sung cho is dead
    the latters more likely being that he was allready old when he trained my uncle

lmao oh yesh i got that excuse when i first threw a black belt across the room during sparring one of black belts came up to me and went oh he let you do that you know? lmao!
    see the problem with this is if your an advances student as chojun miyagi noted you should be a good steward of your technique

in other words the higher belts i sparred should have been able to beat me with out doing any serious damage at all
    the notion that they were holding back is just something that someones says when they get their ass kicked
    Not everyone does martial arts become a fighter. People pay to learn an art form. This is America remember???There is no win or lose in sparring , period . It is a training tool. Did you go into a black belt class to spar?? I doubt it. You were in your class not theirs, which makes a big difference.

Thanks!!! You are welcome here anytime. Remember there is no winning and losing in sparring matches . Black belts are supposed to spar at the level of the lower belt they are sparring with . Sparring is a training tool not a competition.
    im actually quite suprised i thought you guys woulda whipped out that lame excuse pages ago!

if any csc guys wanna come down to wheatridge and spar i know a nice little park we can meet at a few blocks from my house
    no body protection or skin guard or arm guards though are a requirement

Not everyone does martial arts become a fighter. People pay to learn an art form. This is America remember???There is no win or lose in sparring , period . It is a training tool. Did you go into a black belt class to spar?? I doubt it. You were in your class not theirs, which makes a big difference.
    how does it? the black belts stood in the lower belt class and spared with us
    i mean come on your honestly going to use that god awful excuse that they were going easy on us lmao o h yeah i forgot about how deadly your style is to really use on someone

yeah yeah ive been wanting to see that movie lol since i saw them makin fun of it ona vh1 one special
    on a serious note i dont usually wear a top because the first thing you do when you start goju ryu is sanchin kata which requires you be shirtless to preform it correctly and i beleive to many clothes restrict the chi flow and trust m efellas a damp sweaty gis is not nice to have no for hours at a time lol
    chi flow? I thought you did Karate. Shouldn't that be ki?

I've never heard of clothes to restrict the flow of a theoetical force that flows internally unless you are dealing with tight or restrictive clothing. I understand the sweat element though. Stick to practical reasons.