View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 754 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2546547047447527537547557567648048541254 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    How do you distinguish the difference between them then??How are you going to pass on your art then???
    How is he supposed to know the difference........JP posted a picture of Oso connecting with a hook to Jp's head and Cujo thought it was a jab.
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    How is he supposed to know the difference........JP posted a picture of Oso connecting with a hook to Jp's head and Cujo thought it was a jab.
    BQ
    At least my head's good for something....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

what is so hard to grasp about this concept the okinawans did not originally name the forms or techniques
    its simple really folks

let me try to explain this to you if i was going to show you a side kick i would just demonstrate it to you and then you do it and then id correct you until you got it right simple as that

How do you distinguish the difference between them then??How are you going to pass on your art then???
    i have no interest in passing on my style

BQ
    i dont know what youd want to call that but that guy was throwing one of the ugliest punches ive ever seen in my life if thats suppose to be a boxing jab .......ahahahhahaha

what do you mean you know the difference between them by preforming them not by their names duh

How much of the art did your uncle teach you ? How long have you been doing GoJU Ryu??Did your uncle teach you any forms ?? Did your uncle teach you the terms used for those forms? was there a langage barrier between your uncle and his teacher?? Did your uncle learn from this korean master during the korean war??Please help me, I am trying to understand .
    mu unlce learned all twelve forms and all the techniques in th system i know six of the twelve forms so far yes he showed me the terms used and explained why they are in japanese

no sung cho had a school in colorado my unlce learned there

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    what is so hard to grasp about this concept the okinawans did not originally name the forms or techniques
    its simple really folks

let me try to explain this to you if i was going to show you a side kick i would just demonstrate it to you and then you do it and then id correct you until you got it right simple as that
    Nothing is hard to grasp excpet that in the native language is the terminology that best describes the technique. You can learn an art without that understanding, but I do think you are missing something as a result. But, as is often pointed out in SD discussions (and as was pointed out by you) the mixing of terminology or the absence of the native terminology is suspect. For you and for SD. You've satisfied yourself that you are getting the real goju ryu despite that particular deficiency. Good for you; your particular circumstance, however, should at least garner some understanding that the terminology isn't as important as the technique, but yet you still show a double-standard on that point when its convenient.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

i dont know what youd want to call that but that guy was throwing one of the ugliest punches ive ever seen in my life if thats suppose to be a boxing jab .......ahahahhahaha
    It was a hook punch not a jab. Don't waffle, you thought it was a jab at first.

And ugly doesn't mean ineffective. Some of the best and most technical people I know couldn't fight their way out of a paper-bag, shile some ugly and sloppy form people are hellacious fighters. Look at Ali's "phantom punch" against Liston. Not text book and not pretty, but it worked.

Come on Cujo...I know you can read....for the 500th time it was a right hook (YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A JAB)and if he connected it to your head you would feel just how ugly it is.
    BQ

mu unlce learned all twelve forms and all the techniques in th system i know six of the twelve forms so far yes he showed me the terms used and explained why they are in japanese

no sung cho had a school in colorado my unlce learned there
    So you are a student of your uncles right now?? And if you know the terms why is it so hard to post them and then explain what they are??? maybe some pics to show us the difference between them and then maybe explain why they are called what they are???

Come on Cujo...I know you can read....for the 500th time it was a right hook (YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A JAB)and if he connected it to your head you would feel just how ugly it is.
    BQ
    BQ, it's obvious that Oso would never hit goju with a punch that ugly because you can tell by his textbook form that he is obviously a better and more accomplished fighter than anyone here. Get with the program; we are in the company of greatness here.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    BQ, it's obvious that Oso would never hit goju with a punch that ugly because you can tell by his textbook form that he is obviously a better and more accomplished fighter than anyone here. Get with the program; we are in the company of greatness here.
    I'm bowing as I type
    BQ

Remember Everyone......

he was 3 back in 1990. He quit the CSC 5 years ago, so this means he was 17 when he was beating the snot out of black belts and now he is 22 or 23. This explains everything.

I'm bowing as I type
    BQ
    He!! I am kneeling and bowing!!!