View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 757 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2576577077477557567577587597678078571257 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    look let me put it this way since you guys dont know your arsehole from your elbow about karate

why do you think all the karate styles nowarent that old lok at goju shotokan etc etc they are all around what a 100 years old?
    and whys that because there are no documents or knowledge of any ancient forms or early forms of karate the mansters didnt write it down or teach it openly and thats why the styles are not around anymore
    and that is why they didnt have names for anything ther ewere no uniforms etc etc
    when they tried to introduce karate to japan the okinwans felt inferior to the japs because the japanese were scholary about their native arts and had precise names fo rtheir moves kata and so on and so forth
    the okinawans adopted this and began using japanese names

does this help?
    Dude. what is wrong with you????

[QUOTE=Judge Pen;936775]You honestly believe that early okinawan martial arts had no words for the techniques? They didn't call a punch a punch in their native dilect? Come on, your dense but no-one is that dense.

So they called a punch a pucnh and a kick a kick in their native dialect. Then once it was given the Japanese treatment, they started using japanese terms because that made sense to the japanese that were learning the okinawan art. Fine, but a punch is still a punch, you've just changed the language that your using. That's a far cry from saying that there was no terminology.

And you, as a student of goju ryu, use american terms and chinese terms to describe an art that used to use okinawan and japaese words. Because that makes sense to you at this time. Ok, whatever works for you.

I'm sorry, if you don't see the parallels then you must have gotten hit to hard in the head before.
    oh dear lord you gusy are as thick as a brick lol
    its like trying to tell a dog not to crap o n the carpet and they give you that dumb look lol

no where did i say the okinawans didnt have a language they were just so casula bout there method to teaching they didnt have names for anything you just shut your hole and practiced wha the master physically demonstrated they didnt even have dojos to train at at the start

look at this qote fro dr christian harafouche
    "karate originally was a purely unorganized unphilosphical form of self defense"

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Dude. what is wrong with you????
    the fact that you guys cant comphrehend actually i think you can your just trying to excuse your ow bogus use of japanese names with gojus lol

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I bet Go Ju thinks Doogie Howser was a reaL Dr. YES BEING older does make us smarter than you as we have been aroun longer and experienced more. No matter how you slice it it is still bread. KC
    no your skil makes you more knowledgeable kwai and the fact you wont show anything or explain how im supposed to know who you are just shows you dont have any

Go Ju you are so full of it. 1st there wasnt Karate in Japan prior to 1921 they had a striking art called Uchi waza or striking technique. It was a part of sumotori the ancient wrestling art known as Sumo now. Also the Japanese did not have Kata until Jigoro Kano introduce the art of Judo until then it was based on the samurai arts used in war fare. You really are a joke. Any more Karate talk Boy? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

NO one ever said that. How long have you been doing MA??? The difference between us and you is you may have learned a few things , practiced a few things, but have studied nothing. I have studied practice and learned so has KC as well as the other guys in SD on this thread. Old is a state of mind . and there is nothing that is old about me , I am like good wine I have aged properly and now I taste great!!!
    and you say i sound queer lol

GoJu RYU has been around for 2000 years and is from China from what I read . Since the early 1800s they have been documenting their art. So that is almost two hundred years If you lernedit recently then you would know the names of forms , proper terminolgy etc.

You my friend have no idea what you are talking about. but I am still bored and waiting for the walls to dry in my bathroom!!

You dont know who Nishiama Kanazawa or Okazaki are? Howabout Homa or Umemoto 4 time all Japan Kendo Champ. To name a few. You are unlearned arent you ?? KC
    i know who they are what does this have to do with anything?
    your supposed to know them? aaaaaaaaaaaand?

the fact that you guys cant comphrehend actually i think you can your just trying to excuse your ow bogus use of japanese names with gojus lol
    if you werent typing in jiberish and knew what you were talking about then we could comprhend what you are saying. even through the jiberish we still know you are full oh $H!T!

I sound queer !!!
    fixed that for ya!!
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING MA???

GoJu RYU has been around for 2000 years and is from China from what I read . Since the early 1800s they have been documenting their art. So that is almost two hundred years If you lernedit recently then you would know the names of forms , proper terminolgy etc.

You my friend have no idea what you are talking about. but I am still bored and waiting for the walls to dry in my bathroom!!
    are we speaking two diferrent languages here lol where did i say i dont know them i know all the names of the forms and moves in japanese like the majority of goju guys do

we can go around about when it was actually created but i keep it like this goju as a art was created when choju miyagi founded it and began teaching it to the publi
    PARTS of it came from kung fu though not all of it so you cant really say it is from china

Quite simply I was a student of theirs 3 are Shotokan trained by Funakoshi 1 is Aikido and one Iaido and Kendo KC

are we speaking two diferrent languages here lol where did i say i dont know them i know all the names of the forms and moves in japanese like the majority of goju guys do

we can go around about when it was actually created but i keep it like this goju as a art was created when choju miyagi founded it and began teaching it to the publi
    PARTS of it came from kung fu though not all of it so you cant really say it is from china
    you are definately speaking a different language than we are!! yours is now known as GOJU JIBERISH

Its origins is in Fujien White Crane. Read the book Bubishi Then you can say you know something. KC

Quite simply I was a student of theirs 3 are Shotokan trained by Funakoshi 1 is Aikido and one Iaido and Kendo KC
    This is what you get when you study the arts that you were taught and practice goju. You should spend more time studying the art you practice rather than sit here an type a bunch of non-sense and jiberish. Good Job KC!!