View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 762 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2626627127527607617627637647728128621262 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    dont really know dont realy care of cours ethey had a word for punch but im talking about the specific karate hand strikes that are around today original karate was extremley and i mean EXTREMELY unorganized the th epoint where alot of its probably lost
    Don't really care? Congratulations you are a true warrior scholar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

um genius not just wikipedia is unreliable the whole **** internet usually is you even said you had to go look on sites to learn about goju therefore showing that your education on the art is limited and making youe ffort to debate on the topic rediculous

the fact that you could disregard morio higaonnas own words just shows how uneducated you are when it comes to goju
    I am the first to admit when I do not know something. Up until yesterday I did not know much about Goju Ryu However , I feel in one day I absorbed more about it than you will ever know.

At least I took the time to research it unlike you.

The source that you posted has his own questionable history.

Your lack of knowledge and continued skirting around the questions that are asked of you and then answering with some lame @$$ response is a red flag as to the type of person you are .

You are a keybpoard warrior,spoiled brat , who still lives at home with mom who has a limited education, knowledge who is searching for something that they will never find , unless that is you are trying to get a better view of your colon.

its a direct qoute from the fall 2008 editon of masters magazine i took the exact qoute from the man if you dont believe me buy the back issue and read it for yourself
    In your last post you said 2009 now which is it ?? Keep your story straight.

Does this look familiar to anyone??

Some of the stances and angles are different and the dynamic tension is less emphasised in our version, but that is the same form no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Deja Vu

Does Goju remind anyone else of mkriii or is it just me?
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Some of the stances and angles are different and the dynamic tension is less emphasised in our version, but that is the same form no doubt.
    Thats what I thought , Thanks.

Good Stuff

When is that form taught?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    When is that form taught?
    3rd black in the west. I have seen it as 2nd in someplaces out eastward.

I just found out that this guy died a few years ago from carbon monoxide poisoning. RIP

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    3rd black in the west. I have seen it as 2nd in someplaces out eastward.

I just found out that this guy died a few years ago from carbon monoxide poisoning. RIP
    Gracias! It will be quite some time before I get it.

Carbon monoxide poisoning. Yikes!

Yea the other week Master David mentioned that our tiger-crane form was one of the central forms of hung gar or something like that. Its nice to hear that he speaks the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Yea the other week Master David mentioned that our tiger-crane form was one of the central forms of hung gar or something like that. Its nice to hear that he speaks the truth
    The Tiger/Crane forms are a part of Hung Gar and the Tiger/ Crane system. The Tiger / Crane form we do is slightly different . I was told that the one we do came first and then it modified by Hung gar stylist . The creator of this form is supposedly Hong Shi Guan. I might be wrong but this the general concensus.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-27-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Gracias! It will be quite some time before I get it.

Carbon monoxide poisoning. Yikes!
    De nada!!! I know what a way to go huh??

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    Does Goju remind anyone else of mkriii or is it just me?
    It's not just you...I was wondering the same thing
    BQ

Yes now that you mention it you are right. Like I said Goju give me 6 more months and this old wanna be or used to be would like a friendly sparring match heck I am over twice your age what will it hurt??? KC

Thanks OTD..
    Last edited by kwaichang; 05-27-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    A Fool is Born every Day !