View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 778 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2786787287687767777787797807888288781278 ... LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

But preventing trauma isn't all there is to it

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i thought that was common knowlefge about karate? why do you thin we have deformed knuckles? because we use so much liniments lol

theres no need to anyway with the diet being the way it is in okinawa. what the people eat prevent them from geting any of the trauma that can come from improper iron bone training
    As I understand the physiology of it, "trauma" is part of the training: micro-fracturing the bone, and micro-brusing the tissue, and building it back in the "healing" process, stronger than it was. Science has shown, has it not, that such conditioning results in greater bone density and hardness than the average person without such training.

But, isn't it true though, that there are other reasons to use the medicines, both before and after the training, and the internal supplements: those also contribute to conditioning the bone/tissue "the right way," as I think GMS told us when the training was first taught. Its not just a matter of preventing injury, but also building the tissue quicker, better, also without unnecessary "trauma." And doing so "the right way" maintains full use of the hands that can sometimes be diminished in conditioning without proper medicines/supplements.

Is this not true? I don't think this is revealing any big secrets to the training.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

i thought that was common knowlefge about karate? why do you thin we have deformed knuckles? because we use so much liniments lol

theres no need to anyway with the diet being the way it is in okinawa. what the people eat prevent them from geting any of the trauma that can come from improper iron bone training
    No, it is not. It might be in some styles but not all. Why do you think we all have deformed knuckles?? Your definately an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    As I understand the physiology of it, "trauma" is part of the training: micro-fracturing the bone, and micro-brusing the tissue, and building it back in the "healing" process, stronger than it was. Science has shown, has it not, that such conditioning results in greater bone density and hardness than the average person without such training.

But, isn't it true though, that there are other reasons to use the medicines, both before and after the training, and the internal supplements: those also contribute to conditioning the bone/tissue "the right way," as I think GMS told us when the training was first taught. Its not just a matter of preventing injury, but also building the tissue quicker, better, also without unnecessary "trauma." And doing so "the right way" maintains full use of the hands that can sometimes be diminished in conditioning without proper medicines/supplements.

Is this not true? I don't think this is revealing any big secrets to the
    training.
    oh i know theres even organ damage that can happen with conditioning lie tha i just listed it all under trauma for conveinence

when he said that to the best of his knowledge karate practioners dont use dit da jow or other liniments lol

why would you even as such a question to begin with? must you reveal your poor nowledge of karate
    Best of his knowledge and he is the end all and be all of knowledge on the subject? why? Because he sided with you ?? That means nothing. I know many styles of karate practice(d) and learn(ed) this way. It is all black or white with you about everything you see nothing that is in between. And if their diet was all they needed then why do ( did) there hands become mutilated and loose their manual dexterity??

im looking forward to the june sixth meeting with that one fella

and as ive told you the sd guys who live far away from colorado challenged ME not the other way around therefore it is your responsibility to fly all the way down here to wheatridge to come meet up

dont issue a challenge and then say ooooooooooh no you come to me lol
    it makes you sound like a coward
    Like I said @$$wipe you challenged all of us by coming on here and talking the way you do. Dust the sand out of your v@gina and get over what happened 5years ago with the Soards.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    No, it is not. It might be in some styles but not all. Why do you think we all have deformed knuckles?? Your definately an idiot.
    no its in all styles if you new anything about karate you would now that we dont use herbs of any sort but being the ignoant fool you are you thought yet again you would get one over on me by bringing up iron bone liniments lol

the oinawans and japanese karateka dont use any type of dit da jow or internal wines there diet prevents them from having need for such herbs

and the mere fact that karateka dont use herbs with hard conditioning and are fine just proves that the herbs are not needed

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post

Is this not true? I don't think this is revealing any big secrets to the training.
    Your right on with this. But tough guy here is doing it the GOJU way and that is why he already has mangled knuckles.

Best of his knowledge and he is the end all and be all of knowledge on the subject? why? Because he sided with you ?? That means nothing. I know many styles of karate practice(d) and learn(ed) this way. It is all black or white with you about everything you see nothing that is in between. And if their diet was all they needed then why do ( did) there hands become mutilated and loose their manual dexterity??
    well yes you clearly witnessed a watered down americanized karate tradional karate a dont use herbs simple as that

what does the diet have to do with bone deformity in the knuckles? if comes from hitting the makiwara and ive never seen any masters from okinawa and japan complain of arthritis or pain i their joints from doing this. i dont know whos ******** you pulled this out of but yet again your incorrect

the factors that lead to arthritis are poor diet being that the okinawans have one of the best diets on earth they dont suffer from that condition and that is why they can do such hard conditioning with out the use of herbs

ive been hittingt he makiwara hundreds of times every morning for years and my hands are fine

Like I said @$$wipe you challenged all of us by coming on here and talking the way you do. Dust the sand out of your v@gina and get over what happened 5years ago with the Soards.
    rally i did? i just noted my experiencewith sd and though id leave then all you guys get your panties in a bunch and want to fight lol

the fact that you are getting so riled up just gos to show im correct

no its in all styles if you new anything about karate you would now that we dont use herbs of any sort but being the ignoant fool you are you thought yet again you would get one over on me by bringing up iron bone liniments lol

the oinawans and japanese karateka dont use any type of dit da jow or internal wines there diet prevents them from having need for such herbs

and the mere fact that karateka dont use herbs with hard conditioning and are fine just proves that the herbs are not needed
    Ok , Whatever you say.

So why do the Chinese use it then???? With the proper methods people and use linements dont end up mangling the hands , Why??Because they are doing it the wrong way? By your logic, then if your hands are mangled in the training process then you have achieve the goal of Iron palm??

rally i did? i just noted my experiencewith sd and though id leave then all you guys get your panties in a bunch and want to fight lol

the fact that you are getting so riled up just gos to show im correct
    I am defend that which I practice , moron. All I am saying is that you over estimate yourself and underestimate others . You took one experience with two specific instructors and decided that we were all like that , when you couldnt be f@rther from the truth. I know for a fact that both of them could hammer your @$$ before you even knew what happened. If you wanted one on one intense training with one of them outside the commercial school they would eat you alive.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-30-2009 at 11:11 AM.

i never said the chinese way was wrong they have their methods and we have ours they both work just the same
    however the way the okinawans do it just shows herbs though useful are not a must have for conditioning

i can live with the first too knuckles on each hand being deformed its no big deal it dosnt show how tough i am or any thing else its just a natural occurence from hitting the makiwara

I am defend that which I practice , moron. All I am saying is that you over estimate yourself and underestimate others . You took one experience with two specific instructors and decided that we were all like that , when you couldnt be f@rther from the truth. I know for a fact that both of them could hammer your @$$ before you even knew what happened. If you wanted one on one intense training with one of them outside the commercial school they would eat you alive.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hammer my ass? lmao!!!

well yes you clearly witnessed a watered down americanized karate tradional karate a dont use herbs simple as that

what does the diet have to do with bone deformity in the knuckles? if comes from hitting the makiwara and ive never seen any masters from okinawa and japan complain of arthritis or pain i their joints from doing this. i dont know whos ******** you pulled this out of but yet again your incorrect

the factors that lead to arthritis are poor diet being that the okinawans have one of the best diets on earth they dont suffer from that condition and that is why they can do such hard conditioning with out the use of herbs

ive been hittingt he makiwara hundreds of times every morning for years and my hands are fine
    You just got done saying you had big mangled knuckles and that you had a training accident that causes you not to beable to type right, now which is it???

So you have been hitting the makiwara for years huh, With you head ???

Oh okay genius. So, if the diet of lets say chinese people was as good as the okinawans then they wouldnt have to use the herbs??