View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 787 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2876877377777857867877887897978378871287 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

hes supposed to have studied under twelve masters
    and know over a dozen different styles in only around twenty years lol

kwai please dont be as dissapointing as this guy lol

Hey Goju,

I dont think ill be able to get anybody other than me to come out next saturday. Im not really good friends with any of the advanced students and I dont think Id be able to convince them to do it anyway. I will be there though next saturday. Ill pm you.

I began training 1 year ago. I'm sure that your skills are better than mine but as I said before; I think that sparring people better than yourself is the best way to learn. This should be fun, and then I can report honestly about your skills to the people on this forum.

Since flying to places for sparring matches seems a little ridiculous and im in your neighborhood ill do what I can. This forum has been entertaining so I thought Id add to it.

Lol im laughing so har di think my colon fell out!!!

Im off to bed
    thank you tat i was feeling blue do to some personal stuff but this completely cheered me up

see goes to show you not completely useless marky

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Hey Goju,

I dont think ill be able to get anybody other than me to come out next saturday. Im not really good friends with any of the advanced students and I dont think Id be able to convince them to do it anyway. I will be there though next saturday. Ill pm you.

I began training 1 year ago. I'm sure that your skills are better than mine but as I said before; I think that sparring people better than yourself is the best way to learn. This should be fun, and then I can report honestly about your skills to the people on this forum.

Since flying to places for sparring matches seems a little ridiculous and im in your neighborhood ill do what I can. This forum has been entertaining so I thought Id add to it.
    oh no thats cool man you seem like a nice guy and all so its fine we can have a freindly sparring match
    allrighty then ill wait for the pm thanks alot!

Man did this thread go downhill. I didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong.

Anyhow, like I said before Karate peeps don't use jow when conditioning. Probably gets the makiwara all soaked and mushy.

I don't know why other than hearing that they were copying what they saw and never learned about the jow. Also heard the Chinese intentionally withheld that knowledge when teaching any Japanese.

AFAIK this is common knowledge in the Karate world, I thought the MA world in general but I guess it never reached the SD crowd. Before I got into Chinese arts I played some TKD, Shotokan and Kenpo Karate and never knew about the jow.

I also did some conditioning without it breaking boards (thin ones, nothing impressive) with my fingertips and patio blocks with my wrist. Didn't do it for a long time though so I can't speak to any long term damage.

Mike Reeves holds the record for the most consecutive boards broken and I don't think he uses any jow. I don't know for sure though but I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him.

Here he talks about conditioning with no mention of any liniment.

So yes, Goju is correct when it comes to Karate conditioning exercises although I don't claim to be any kind of expert on it. I suspect if any of them do use jow it's a fairly recent addition.

His other claims about diet and such are all his and I know nothing about any of that stuff. You can agree or disagree all you want about benefits of jow for conditioning but the bottom line is he's just passing along info as he knows it so I don't see why he's getting crap for that issue.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Man did this thread go downhill. I didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong.

Anyhow, like I said before Karate peeps don't use jow when conditioning. Probably gets the makiwara all soaked and mushy.

I don't know why other than hearing that they were copying what they saw and never learned about the jow. Also heard the Chinese intentionally withheld that knowledge when teaching any Japanese.

AFAIK this is common knowledge in the Karate world, I thought the MA world in general but I guess it never reached the SD crowd. Before I got into Chinese arts I played some TKD, Shotokan and Kenpo Karate and never knew about the jow.

I also did some conditioning without it breaking boards (thin ones, nothing impressive) with my fingertips and patio blocks with my wrist. Didn't do it for a long time though so I can't speak to any long term damage.

Mike Reeves holds the record for the most consecutive boards broken and I don't think he uses any jow. I don't know for sure though but I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him.

So yes, Goju is correct when it comes to Karate conditioning exercises although I don't claim to be any kind of expert on it. I suspect if any of them do use jow it's a fairly recent addition.

His other claims about diet and such are all his and I know nothing about any of that stuff. You can agree or disagree all you want about benefits of jow for conditioning but the bottom line is he's just passing along info as he knows it so I don't see why he's getting crap for that issue.
    yeah preach it brotha!!!!!

i know what mad house this place is sheeeeeeeeeeeyit! i thought i was just going to state my experience with sd and leave! lol i didnt realize how butt hurt some people can get
    but at least face plam and yao sing were cool guys so what the hell

and i will say this for the last mo' ****in time i do like dit da jow and i believe that an the other chinese herbs of conditioning are excellent however i dont use them and my master didnt either nor have any other old school masters i know of and we are fine

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    "sifu mark has studied under many of these teachers for various( see extremely short) periods of time in seminars and under direct supervision. sifu mark continues to study all their notes, BOOKS! AND VIDEOS!!!!!"

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH YOU ARE TEACHING PEOPLE OUT OF A BOOK AND VDEO YOU BOUGHT

mcdojo stamp on this biatch!
    typical, taking things out of context. Keep going ........A third of them were my teachers in SD the rest are people that I got specific material that I wanted to add to what I had already learned. BFD People that are smart and want to know more about that which they study take notes , read books and watch videos.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-30-2009 at 10:09 PM.

somebody needs to slow down i can't keep up with all of this
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

hes supposed to have studied under twelve masters
    and know over a dozen different styles in only around twenty years lol
    Not all of them were masters. I have been studying since I was 9 So I have about 29 years experience.I learned multiple things from multiple people and thought I would give them the due credit and respect that they deserve.

Mr I learned from my uncle and he learned from ??????? and I can only try to make fun of others so that I can try and cover up all of my problems

and i will say this for the last mo' ****in time i do like dit da jow and i believe that an the other chinese herbs of conditioning are excellent however i dont use them and my master didnt either nor have any other old school masters i know of and we are fine
    your master?? I thought he was your uncle?? you have five years experience and you are sitting here laughing and trying to discredit me?? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post

Just because he didnt say anything about using jow doesnt mean that he doesnt. By the look of his hands, I would say he doesnt. He uses spacers and keeps F#CKING up his hands. So much for that method.

Next time

you send a private message make sure you have something to say. COWARD