View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 794 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2946947447847927937947957968048448941294 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    The most prevalent injury in SD and other CMA is the SI dysfunction and L5 S1 disk problems with assoc soft tissue tightness and imbalances like quad to H/S ratio being the most common.
    I have a herniated disk, L5 S1, with the one above it decreased to about half normal. Recently went through a series of decompression treatments which helped quite a bit. I'm trying to get it paid off so I can do another series (21 sessions).

I also have an inversion table but hate it so much I can't get a consistent schedule going and I've been loading up on glucosamine, MSM and chondroitan.

Been laying off the Kung Fu and will probably get back to the Ashtanga Yoga routine I used to do but I need to find out what's going to help and what to avoid first.

Got any suggestions for exercises?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    The most prevalent injury in SD and other CMA is the SI dysfunction and L5 S1 disk problems with assoc soft tissue tightness and imbalances like quad to H/S ratio being the most common. KC What do you think Go Ju does the aponeurosis of the muscle have anything to do with this ??? I will give you time to look this one up. hahahahah KC
    As a matter of fact I have had this problem myself. I will wait to respond anymore about this. You might want to help him out with the abbreviations and such, oh wait he is in nursing school so he should be able to figure it out.

if you can find amster to teach you sanchin that will build your body back yao!
    i remeber this one aricle long ago in my old black belt magazine how a cancer patient used it to recover from having having surgery after he got cancer! in was back in the dojo after two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I have a herniated disk, L5 S1, with the one above it decreased to about half normal. Recently went through a series of decompression treatments which helped quite a bit. I'm trying to get it paid off so I can do another series (21 sessions).

I also have an inversion table but hate it so much I can't get a consistent schedule going and I've been loading up on glucosamine, MSM and chondroitan.

Been laying off the Kung Fu and will probably get back to the Ashtanga Yoga routine I used to do but I need to find out what's going to help and what to avoid first.

Got any suggestions for exercises?
    Yao,
    Do you know Tai Chi or Bagua?
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    god just when i thought this thread couldnt suck more lmao
    another quoteAhahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha yeah right!!!

And you wonder why your attacked here......they were having a serious conversation and you jump in with smart a$$ed post...all you want to do is start trouble and expect people to take you seriously
    BQ

I know some Tai Chi, mostly Yang, but I have trouble with some of the moves these days. Unfortunately just about anythng I do will irritate my back so I pay for it later on at night.

I also know a few sets with breathing/tension moves like Sanchin.

A friend suggested Zhang Zhuan but I can't stand for very long. I just wish I could stretch it more but I'm too dang flexible. Bringing my knees to my chest feels good but not enough, I have to put my knees behind my shoulders to feel any real stretching.

I'm just looking for all the suggestions I can get in case there's something I don't know about. Most likely it will be a mix of things to get me back in working order.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I know some Tai Chi, mostly Yang, but I have trouble with some of the moves these days. Unfortunately just about anythng I do will irritate my back so I pay for it later on at night.

I also know a few sets with breathing/tension moves like Sanchin.

A friend suggested Zhang Zhuan but I can't stand for very long. I just wish I could stretch it more but I'm too dang flexible. Bringing my knees to my chest feels good but not enough, I have to put my knees behind my shoulders to feel any real stretching.

I'm just looking for all the suggestions I can get in case there's something I don't know about. Most likely it will be a mix of things to get me back in working order.
    I've had some similar problems with my lower and upper back...Baqua (the original form) has helped me the most....it constantly aligns, rotates the spine strengthening the muscles supporting the vertebra which helps maintain your posture......Tai Chi will do the same if you mirror your form (Baqua does this naturally)....also until you gain some strength back take out the postures that you have a hard time with.

With that said KC is the most qualified regarding this...he has helped me more than once.
    BQ

Yao if you want to PM me and let me know the type of pain and where etc I will try to be of help to you KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

who said i expect people to take me seriously so far the only guy on this thread outsid eof mylf that seems to know anything is yap a;; of you are a bunch of delusional old ****s who are drinking to much of the kool aid sd spreads around

let me know if you got my pm face palm thanks brother

Go Ju if you you want to have a real MA discussion w/o all rules except one, NO REFERENCE MATERIAL, that means we discuss MA w/o help you up for it all are welcome by the same rules. KC

Ready set Go 1st question. Who was the leading Kempo stylist of the US in the 1960's KC

"THe point is that SD traces its origins to a temple in the Fujien Province a Shaolin Temple"

Ta-da! Shaolin TEMPLE! Shaolin is a PLACE. A place from which many styles emanated from. To call Shaolin a STYLE is like calling a house(the actual structure) a family. One is where the family lives the other is the people.

And to say as someone mentioned the SD form of "tang lang". This is a style. There are forms of Tang Lang(Preying mantis) but this is like saying "The form known as "Wing Chun" or the form known as "Hung Ga".

I would suggest that the SD people go and try this out for size. Have one SD student go to a Hung Ga school(Yees Hung Ga kung fu academies are excellent) and another go to a Wing Chun school. And then have a 3rd go to a Choy Li Fut school. All 3 should stay for a year. Learn, learn learn. Then come back and compare it with SD.

My Original style was Hung Gar and Tang Lang I trained with my sifu for 10 years. The Hung form in SD is almost identical with small exceptions the Tang Lang is very similar esp the Bong Bu Chien this would be a waste of time for me there is no comparison. I will be the 1st to admit that SD forms are different but I have seen more than one version of Hua Fist and Bong Bu Chien as well.. KC
    Also we and I will be the 1st to say that Shaolin is like an umbrella covering many facets and styles of CMA
    Last edited by kwaichang; 06-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.

dont care kempos become such a watered down *******ized art due to ed parker i dont even bother with it

OK fine what physical anomoly did Bruce Lee have that promoted his right side forward stance ?? I guess you dont like Bruce Lee either. KC