View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 799 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2996997497897977987998008018098498991299 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    No I am not in the pic sorry. Both of those guys I trained many moons ago. KC
    Cool , the pic looked dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Wow Awesome,

I had always assumed that the three bird forms and the three crane forms were just three segments to one form, and i have always practiced them that way i.e doing them all one directly after another.

I've always found it difficult to try to use application from the Bird forms other than "elbow chop/fingerstike"

The Crane forms seem to click with me though
    I did too, now I have some confirmation.

TTM I am not into the Pic thing I dont have any of me doing the splits or anything like that, I do have one from when I was kick boxing a lomng time ago but I dont really feel it is relevant. Who is to say it is me any way. If you correspond with anyone from the SD Sanmarcos or Austin or Round Rock they may know who I am and attest to my skills if I have any at all. That is all personal perspective anyway right.? to quote the blind man in The Circle of Iron " My skills are not there to impress you " KCl
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Hey KC

I have no reason to doubt your skills or you previous level of flexibility . You have been around a long time and its obvious based on our conversations that you know a great deal about the things we have discussed. I know you have/ had a somewhat serious physical issue that has diminished what once was and what still an be. I wish you well on your recover and in your life. You have nothing to prove to me. Nor does anyone in SD that is on this board. You all have proven yourselves with me by just being who you are.

SI dysfunction , is the issue I had/have. I am regaining my flexibility and am at 170 deg with the side split and full split left leg forward , right leg forward not as good but close to full. I only take 4oo mg of Motrin daily as long as my "back " stays stable. The problem that accompanies this is Bilateral hip flexor tendonitis and capsulitis of the hips and bilateral Trochanteric bursitis. I now only have minimal discomfort of the left trochanteric bursae. This alleviated with ice massage to 0 of 10 in the pain scale. My training is as follows I do iron bone 6 days a week, MA 4 days a week aerobic cond 5 days aweek then 15 minutes when I weight train as well. I do upper one day and lower the next. I try to apply science to my program so as to not over train one area too much and cause an injury. I do heavy bag 2 days or 3 days a week mixing upper and lower for 10 2-3 minute rounds , depends on how I feel. So I hope to be full steam soon and also lose alot more weight as this seems to be the primary cause along with work that started all this in the beginning. I also take private lessons 1x per month. So how do you guys train.????? KC PS afriend of mine who I used to kick box with just blew L5 S1 I am fortunate compared to him. He is really hurting.

Is fusion of the SI an option for you ? Are using any jows/ herbs or other meds beside motrin??What is your stretching routine like?? Is the way you sleep also a contributing factor??

I workout 6 days changing the routine every 6-8 weeks for variety. I focus on specific material each day tai chi day , bagua day xinyi day, so on. Bagwork 6 days , stretching 6 days, cardio every other day, weights on the odd days. Sparring every 6 days including Iron bone training ( just got back into this). Super sets , isometrics, obstacle courses and other exercises

In beginning classes I focus on corrective exercise training including myofascial releasing techniques, stretching and of course the basics, moving on to balance and stability training, utilizing propriocetively enriched enviroments and more basics , basics , and basics etc.

The best option for this is Prolotherapy t promote stability. To fuse a joint is not anoption. KC

Prolotherapy

Have you done this already?? Dont they do fusion in some cases , and if so why ??

Master Hiang The

Anyone ever notice that he keeps his right arm from fully extending( as per the
    8o`s KET videos????) Does/ did he have an injury that anyone knows of?? just wondering.

( notice I didnt say curious?? Now a days you have to be careful of what you say, someone might take it the wrong way!!)

Anyone ever notice that he keeps his right arm from fully extending( as per the
    8o`s KET videos????) Does/ did he have an injury that anyone knows of?? just wondering.
    Took a hard fall off a roof I believe, messed up his elbow pretty bad. It eventually got better (could hit pretty hard with it) but wouldn't straighten out.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    .......... (could hit pretty hard with it) but wouldn't straighten out.
    you sound like you know from experience!

Sparring techniques

I also noticed in these videos that there is 30 sparring techiques rather than 20. I know that most of them are just 14-17? broken down into easier techniques . My question is, was this done just for the video series or is this the way they were taught in classes at that time as well??

There can be a screw placed on the sacrum but what occurs is decreasedmobility thus you have increased mobility somewhere else in this case the knee or low back. Prolotherapy will stabilize the joint and promote stability through the bodys natural course or inflammatory response. I feel fusions are a last resort. They are now doing disc replacement for stenosis and disc herniations. More involved but better outcome from what I have read and seen. KC

Most likely a bony block of the elbow very common after a fall or trauma. KC

Sneaks up

and flicks KC in the ear.....

My God,,over 11 thousand replies on this thread?

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.