View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 8 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 67891018581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

reemul Guest

Official response to ShaolinDo challenge

Having emailed our school, The Willow Sword painted the picture of his wounded honor and sought the response of my instructor. For what reason I'm not sure. As far as I was concerned this was a personal matter, however after reading TWS's email, my instructor had this to say about TWS's challenge.

"I'm tired of Japanese and Korean systems as well as others, capitalizing off the Shaolin name. I spent the majority of my life dedicated to the survival of a shaolin system that would have otherwise gone extint and it is quite irritating when Kiddy Karate schools try to pass them selves off as kungfu let alone Shaolin kungfu. Your challenge is accepted."

He called me to inform the forum to bear witness to the following. We do not do Kiddy Karate point sparring, We generally do 2 minute rounds of full contact. Anything along those lines are acceptable. He would also like to add that after the sparring we will share some formwork just to show a spirit of friendship.

Radhnoti Guest
    He calls it "kiddy karate", then shows interest in "The Spirit of Friendship"?
    In any case, I'm glad this thing's going to happen. Is HE going to spar TWS or you? And is it going to be on the neutral ground JWT mentioned, or somewhere else? Witnesses from the forum are still invited I hope? SOMEONE'S got to get JWT's cookies of honor. ;)
    Um...someone else might want to repeat my questions as reemul has said he'd ignore my posts.
    :D

"That government is best which governs least." -- HENRY DAVID THOREAU

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    Alrighty then.

May I recommend neutrual ground, and someone like JWT as the ref.

May I also suggest video tape?

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

shaolin_knight Guest
    He calls it "kiddy karate", then shows interest in "The Spirit of Friendship"?
    In any case, I'm glad this thing's going to happen. Is HE going to spar TWS or you? And is it going to be on the neutral ground JWT mentioned, or somewhere else? Witnesses from the forum are still invited I hope? SOMEONE'S got to get JWT's cookies of honor. :)

Radhnoti Guest
    Thanks S_K.
    :)

reemul Guest

It is gonna be me

It's gonna be me who is to fight TWS, however my instructor has also extended the challenge to Joe Shaefer as Well, Seeing as Willow has seen fit to make what I considered a personal matter, a school wide afair.

jjr213 Guest

False Statements

I know exactly how all of you feel. I've been a TKD student for 15 years now and I always hated it when those who were ignorant referred to everything as karate. I'm making a transition into shaolin kung fu, and the first thing I saw was that while my long experience in TKD will help me with some of the smaller aspects of kung fu, on the whole they are completely different.

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Well..

Actually, TKD was derived from Shotokan Karate.

All the original forms were right out of Karate Do Kyohan. Even the names were translated into Korean.

What's the big deal?

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

The Willow Sword Guest

OKay i guess i HAVE to respond to this.

OKay first of all the reason for attempting to e-mail master Finley(Reemuls' Teacher) was to assertain why Reemul was being so disresepctful of other martial systems And to inform him of the challege and the insult to me and my school on the forums. Well reemul caught the e-mail and responded by saying that i was "so full of crap". and as we have all seen with this "official response" to My challenge " it would seem to me that MAster finley is teaching his students and instructors to be disrespectfull to other disciplines,,namely ours the most ,it would seem. Well that is a shame,,For Master Shaefer does not teach this to us and i have certainly not taught this ideology to the students at SD.
    2 minutes of full contact HUH? You got it,,thats fine with me. so what does FULL contact mean exactly? does it mean that i can fully contact your throat ,temple,,groin? or are there going to be rules to this "full contact" event before the forms are shown? like i said before,,,this will be on neutral ground and MY TEACHER WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. This is my crusade not his,,you want to challenge master shaefer,,go on ahead but he does not frequent this forum so you had better call him up and make the challenge yourself. and I have not made this a school wide thing, REEMUL has by printing out my email to his school and lollygagging aroud with excuses about coming to his school to issue the challenge and the conflicting statements that RAD has been tuned into.
    SO the place: Zilker Park, by the theatre at barton springs pool(its nice and secluded enough)
    when: November(to be determined when i know when exactly i will be getting there)[a week before thanksgiving]most likeley a saturday or sunday.
    Time: lets make it 1:00pm. the yang energies will be at thier strongest then,,will make for a good spar.

Ill post when november arrives,,until then,,,,keep training Reemul. oh and by the way,,,I have never said anything bad about your school or your discipline,,,,thats the difference between you and i, SFB! i fight for honor,,and you fight to save face. that is also the difference between you and i.
    Many respects,,,Willow Sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
    oh and,,,Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you are an a$.

Anarcho Guest
    Mate, you e-mailed his Sifu. No offence, and I'm not taking sides in this exciting drama, but you did make it a school-wide matter by doing that. If it was just going to be between you and him, you should have kept it between you and him.

diego Guest

whats the differance

between honor and face?

The Willow Sword Guest

Honor and Face

Honor: Good name or public esteem, a showing of merited respect. A keen sense of ethical conduct.
    INTEGRITY(something Reemul does not have). To live up to or fufill the terms of.

FACE(as in to save face): The apparent Value or significance,(if reemuls remarks can be taken at face value,) To confront(Face up) to a situation being AVOIDED(face up to the situation).

SO you all got the differences now????

Many Respects,,Willow SWord

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
    oh and,,,Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you are an a$.

reemul Guest

To TWS:

First of all I am respectful of other systems. What you took as an insult was simply my personal opinion given my personal experience with your system on topic that was about SD. This is a forum of discussion and not everyone will see eye to eye and as people have pretty much figured out about me and a few others on the forum, some of us are not as PC about everything we say. You don't see me getting bent just cuz someone thinks our school is not lagit. As for my instructor teaching us to be "haters" don't think so. My teacher hasn't had anything to say about your school to us or anybody else until you emailed him. You keep trying to come off as the honorable
    warrior, wounded by an evil jakal and you're the one who's been slinging insults more than anyone.
    As for the "Kiddy Karate", No offense to the "true" Karate practioners, you know who you are. This comment was aimed at the "Belt machines".

[This message was edited by reemul on 08-18-01 at 08:34 AM.]

Radhnoti Guest

reemul's comments, you judge

Polite subjects:
    To TWS and Radhnoti : You ignorant Fu$%*
    To Dumb & Dumber aka TWS and Radhnoti
    To Radhnoti, your a dumba$$
    actually you dumba$$
    Polite posts:
    "The both of you need to get some serious reading comprehension skills. I'm starting to believe that you are both retarded."
    "Ya know I'm starting think I should'nt accept the challenge. Don't know if I could live with myself
    for beating up a retard."
    "As far as SD putting out good fighters my opinion was formed from me shamelessly beating them so easily and from a friend who also recieved no comp from so called SD instructors. TWS challenged me, cuz I know how to push his buttons. I'm sure it's possible SD may have a few people who can fight, no thanks to SD (naturals). "
    "As far as Nov. is concerned, when I'm done with Willow you guys can send Joe in, or maybe even GM Sin. If this is what offends you, too Fu#$#n bad."
    "When we meet I will introduce my self as reemul, and when you get your ass beat, you can tell everyone you got your ass beat by reemul."

"I just hope Willow's defeat doesn't crush your spirit. Oh and don't worry I'll remove you nose from Willow's a$$ in the process."
    "As for checking out the SD class of wussies forget about it. I've watched Shaolin do classes and have yet to be impressed."
    "The History of the Shaolin Do system is far beyond questionable, its a straight up fable."
    "The question before us is not whether the forms are impressive (even though I was not impressed)."
    "One question
    Can you fight? My experience in fighting You guys tells me the answer is no."
    "Now as for your schools forms being martial then why is it a fellow classmate of mine goes up to the Shaolin do school here in town and beats up on their instructors. Now for all the effort you go into making it seem like Shaolin do trains for actual combat it amazes me how a whole school, larger than ours in members, cant deliver against one person."

"If you tired of smelling chicken and the flies are annoying, tell your Mom to pull up her pants."

"First of all I am respectful of other systems. What you took as an insult was simply my personal opinion given my personal experience with your system on topic that was about SD. "
    -I have NO idea why TWS decided to challenge him, he's been so respectful and polite...it's a shame, really.

cho Guest

this post will probably do little to no good, but...

TWS, YOU made this challenge by emailing reemul's teacher. YOU are the one trying to save face and "honor" for your "crusade".K