View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 800 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3007007507907987998008018028108509001300 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

TWS I guess I am having a Kung Fu flashback, flute playing in the background, hows life man??? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

2. hey face palm. ill be in boulder in the next couple weeks. maybe we should spar.

Id love to have a crack at gojibug as well
    hehe

Seems to me the deal with Master Hiang's elbow/arm was that after he fell from a ladder (?) that he self medicated and the arm did not heal correctly. While he was able to use it quite well (he hits pretty hard), the alignment was off. he even drew a little stickman photo and taped it to the wall in the dojo for everyone to see so they would quit asking him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    hey face palm. ill be in boulder in the next couple weeks. maybe we should spar.

Id love to have a crack at gojibug as well
    hehe
    Yea sure,

Just PM me about it and we can meet up or maybe you could come down to the school.

Whats your background?

Youll have to work something out with Goju if you want that to happen

5. Im a second black from the springs.

Wow! This thread is still happening? What's the lowdown did anyone die yet?
    Just kidding ; )
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    Im a second black from the springs.
    Cool,

Are you going to stretching and conditioning on Sat? maybe we could spar afterwards.

im back! almost done with school too so i can get back to training harder

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Glad it went well and glad Cujo was straight up...sounds like a good experience for both of you.....but we will wait to see his response to your post and how he presents his video.
    BQ
    my camcorder was bleedin dead when i showed up so i couldnt use it lol that was the timer on me uncles cell phone he was using! my camcorders feckin old so i couldnt get a new battery for it sorry lads!

faceplams pretty good has some power in his kicks that was suprising ill say
    was suprised to at the sweeps you were doing im use to seeing judo type sweeps not somebody flying a you like that lol

thanks for the compliments man we spar again i should be in better shape since i was lax on my training with school and all

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    You said that you are one year in , what rank have you acheived and did you have any previous MA experience??

80%?? WOW!!!

Various levels or lower and upper belts???

Besides being in better condition, was there a big difference in his body composition and yours?? i.e. Height, weight, lean muscle mass, etc??

How do you feel about your level of performance considering the differences ??i.e. time training , conditioning, etc.

Do you think that if you had more time in, better conditioning, previous experience , etc. that it could have gone differently???

Do you think it had anything to do with the arts themselves ?? i.e. SD vs GOJU RYU??

How do you feel about the art now that you have sparred someone outside your school???

Are you going to get more disciplined and stick with it ??

I admire what you have done, for standing up, stepping up and being a man.

Everyone should be as willing to take one for the team!!!
    ididnt get to use much of my goju ryu because i brought boxing gloves so all i could do was box lol and i used tkd kicking techniques

uh i think faceplam was alitle shorter than me he was a good size guy though i had definetly more muscle mass

if we spar again later maybe we can do karate rules hands strikes 2 the body and kicks to all targets so i can use my goju ryu i personally hate wearing gloves

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    my camcorder was bleedin dead when i showed up so i couldnt use it lol that was the timer on me uncles cell phone he was using! my camcorders feckin old so i couldnt get a new battery for it sorry lads!

Oh I see, lol.... I thought he was shooting it on his cellphone the whole time. Well thats too bad I would have liked to see it again.

faceplams pretty good has some power in his kicks that was suprising ill say
    was suprised to at the sweeps you were doing im use to seeing judo type sweeps not somebody flying a you like that lol

thanks for the compliments man we spar again i should be in better shape since i was lax on my training with school and all
    And thank you for the compliments as well.

lol me too was a good match though i thought u did great

lol me too was a good match though i thought u did great
    I personally appreciate the attitude your showing now.....we are all MA brothers and have a lot to learn from all.....that's what it's all about...you have my respect....train hard and keep showing respect.....maybe we can see you compete in the cage someday!!!
    Best,
    BQ

15. Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Cool,

Are you going to stretching and conditioning on Sat? maybe we could spar afterwards.
    hadnt planned on it but i might

im a bit out of shape. started a new job so i havent been focused on the fu for a while.

definitely need to get back into though