View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 807 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3077077577978058068078088098178579071307 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

ive knocked peope down easily sparring with it its a combination of the fact that my lead hand is my power hand as well and the expolsive whipping power in goju that i applied to boxing punches as well
    and the makiawara its good for building expolsive force
    combining asian methods of delivering power with boxing has really worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    ive knocked peope down easily sparring with it its a combination of the fact that my lead hand is my power hand as well and the expolsive whipping power in goju that i applied to boxing punches as well
    and the makiawara its good for building expolsive force
    combining asian methods of delivering power with boxing has really worked for me
    I've knocked people down with a good stiff jab, and I've knocked the fight out of them, but I have not knocked them unconscious with a jab. I'm sure MK could cite to the number of times somone has been knocked out in an MMA fight with a jab but I think it typically takes a corss or hook etc to hit the right spot with enough force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

a lot of peopel even mma guys dont know how to torque there hips properly when they punch i practice it constantly thats why i can deliver that force in a jab i am extermely double jointed in my hips too so i may get extra rotation than the average bloke

4. thats not the stance that is taught at csc

close but not quite..some glaring differences in fact

ill try to post a pic of myself in the stance that is universal throughout the schools (i have trained with all but 1 of the current instructors in csc including the soards and have seen the correct stance as it is taught by all of them)

and goju..id love to cross hands with you sometime. I have 5 years in csc and would like to see what differences (if any) there are between myself and face palm(is that who you sparred?)

remember i havent been there for years so i demonstrated it as best as i could
    i beleive the lead hand is a litte more higher and im im not leaning for ward enough but thats the gist of the stance

yep face plam is the guy i sparred you in colorado too

6. Yep im in Denver

cool ill be free in about a month maybe a little less

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    thats not the stance that is taught at csc

close but not quite..some glaring differences in fact

ill try to post a pic of myself in the stance that is universal throughout the schools (i have trained with all but 1 of the current instructors in csc including the soards and have seen the correct stance as it is taught by all of them)

and goju..id love to cross hands with you sometime. I have 5 years in csc and would like to see what differences (if any) there are between myself and face palm(is that who you sparred?)
    Looks different from what I know too. I am still wondering about the leaning forward that he keeps talking about.

thats what i was taught whie i was there they may have change dthings up as well inoticed faceplam mentione dconditioning on saturdays we didnt have that when i went either
    actually im not leaning forward enough the upper body was tilted forward more thna what ive shown

The 60/40 distribution as ive seen should not cause you to lean forward in any way. Infact "leaning" of any kind, other than laughing Buddha of course, is discouraged shifting the body while keeping upright is encouraged.

From the stance Goju was making id say that thats what I interpreted it as at first. You know the 1890's boxer technique. But Ive come to see it as being more relaxed. Maybe you might be waiting with a little more weight on that front leg but I always try to keep my body ****her back in the stance.

wow you cant say ****

you can say **** ? what a ****in outrage lol

i know its feckin bent but thats what the soards showed me it does look like the old timey boxers stance come to think of it lol

Go Ju no wonder you dislike SD so much if that stance is what you were taught I would be angry too KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

yup the minute they showed us that i went ummmmmmmmmm lol

Gojo, If you were taught that stance as a way to fight...I would have gone wtf too......FYI I been in SD for 35 years and never seen anything like that....if I fought someone like that I would probably lose the match from laughing myself to death. By the way there is no official SD fighting stances...each person has to develop that for themselves.....with that said the sparring techniques are taught in a standard way for teaching purposes...you can then take that and develop what works for you.
    BQ