View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 811 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3117117618018098108118128138218619111311 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I will review it on DVD but a reverse bow for Na doesnt make sense KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Just Reviewed it to be sure it is a Ma Bu that makes sense for power generation KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Just Reviewed it to be sure it is a Ma Bu that makes sense for power generation KC
    DVD?? who is performing the form??
    The way it is taught in the west it is reverse bow like face palm said. I doubt Master Sin would care if you did it either way. I also think that it would depend on the circumstances as to which stance you would use.

I do it with more of a sant ti stance for power generation. I split the difference.

I noticed that a lot of the stances and moves between the two schools are drastically different. This makes it very difficult to discuss forms techniques etc. because one side or the other is going to think that they are right.

Master Leonard and another 6th degree master The purpose of Na is to disarm and the Reverse Bow is a defensive posture loading to promote power to the Cha technique while there is more power generation for the Cha with a previous reverse bow , Rotational power from the hips will generate more focus due to the path of the spear or Guen KC

Master Leonard and another 6th degree master The purpose of Na is to disarm and the Reverse Bow is a defensive posture loading to promote power to the Cha technique while there is more power generation for the Cha with a previous reverse bow , Rotational power from the hips will generate more focus due to the path of the spear or Guen KC
    Is this a standardized DVD available to students???

Are you saying that you shouldnt or can not use na in a reverse bow stance for it to be effective???

Weapons are for fighting the transition of RB to Bow is long and is likely to be countered due to the transition time, My feling though is the RB has been dropped to the point that it has lost its Biomechanical function. In other words it should be like a Forward bow but in reverse. KC

Weapons are for fighting the transition of RB to Bow is long and is likely to be countered due to the transition time, My feling though is the RB has been dropped to the point that it has lost its Biomechanical function. In other words it should be like a Forward bow but in reverse. KC
    I see how that can happen. So you think that the way most people practice reverse bow is to low ??

What about the DVD?? Is this a standardized DVD of the material??

Yes to make it more CMA in appearance and for Muscle conditioning it is too low why would a RB be any lower than a FB.?? The DVD is standardized and I also have the form from Tournaments etc. KC

Going to go Roll be back later KC

Yes to make it more CMA in appearance and for Muscle conditioning it is too low why would a RB be any lower than a FB.?? The DVD is standardized and I also have the form from Tournaments etc. KC
    I agree. I do not understand why if there is a standardized way to do all the material ,why there is such great difference in the way almost everyone does it, also why the DVD is not available for all that practice SD east coast or west coast???

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    why there is such great difference in the way almost everyone does it
    thats because of the cma roots. its manditory so that we can all have something to fight about !

in topic of a RB, id say it still comes down to mobility and applicability.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Are you speaking of Joint mobility ? Or what and can you apply a RB in effective combat? KC

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thats because of the cma roots. its manditory so that we can all have something to fight about !

in topic of a RB, id say it still comes down to mobility and applicability.
    OH, you know that!!!! . It transends CMA and martial arts.

Sorry I was responding to Lucas KC

I was pretty vague I suppose. i have a bad habbit of that.

i was speaking in regards to the depth of the stance and its impact on the mobility of footwork, also the depth of your stance being in connection to the application based around your footwork and stance use.

of course im speaking in generalities, as i dont know shaolin do, but i do practice shaolin so im pretty sure its basically the same or similar material in essence.
    Last edited by Lucas; 06-25-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.