View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 813 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3137137638038118128138148158238639131313 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

yes because every body knows how baseball and fighting go hand in hand lolwhy i know many top mma fighters who practice their pitch to get read for a fight

kwai your lateral roation of the hip over the x axis across the why times two divided by three blah blah blah dont help you win your argument it just makes you seem like your talking out of your hole(and no not your mouth)
    facts are fact you cant compare pitching to striking in combat it has nothing to do with it and even mentioning the two together is extremely dumb

but go ahead keep thinking AGAIN you guys know what your talking about

lol baseball

facepalm outside of myself and yao you are the only person who post on this thread that is normal you know that lol

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    actually i didnt say i cant fight with that the other side forward i just said i can only fight in the south paw stance now mobility wise it feels to uncomfortable to fight with my dominant right hand and leg back
    and the way power side forward works is you do the majority of the attacking with the lead and stay on your opponents weak side which is usually their lead
    and because this is rare for someone to fight like this its unlikely unless they are psychic that they will know that you have your power side forward
    I would say you probably can’t defend yourself properly from a side you feel "uncomfortable" with. You can only attack your opponents weak side if they train in a similar method that you do... dominant side forward. This would make their left side which is naturally more uncoordinated their weak side because they never train it.

Now, you may get lucky against the average Joe or a lesser experience fighter but if you're lucky enough to cross hands with someone who knows what they are doing... you're gonna get picked apart. You don't have to be psychic either because here is how it would go down. They're gonna start tagging that lead leg and if you're a good fighter you'll check it... but I'm betting you won't. So eventually that lead leg starts to hurt and your body's natural reaction is to pull it back to protect it. Your opponent will likely notice and come in with a few combos to test the waters. When you start flailing that left hand around trying to block his attacks...... he'll know he's got your number

facepalm outside of myself and yao you are the only person who post on this thread that is normal you know that lol
    Why are you so arrogant
    BQ

BQL hey man we are all arogant in some way but most people know when to stop being that way so we can learn. He has no impulse control and words just fly out of his mouth. Or hes dumb KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

no matter how much you train it it likey one side is going to be stronger than the other even slightly
    Hey, we agree on something! I love you goju....one armed- man hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

La Na Cha.....I've been taught by two diferent teachers and it's always been a horse.

I agree with KC, the low depth of the RB is mostly for training purposes, but functionality of the RB doesn't have to be that low unless there is a "pull down" applcation such as in joint lock from our 4th book of Hua.

The way I see it, it is similar to our one-step sparring techniques. It is taught with large sweeping movements, but the real application is a quick subtle and small variation. But it's trained big at first to overemphasis the technique. It is harder to go small to big than big to small. The reverse bow is the same way for the most part with the added benefit of increasing range of motion, fleixibilty and strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Well that makes me more optimistic about not hurting my knee in the future.

The transition from horse to bow is one im very very used to by now

There are forms (like Lou Tien) with reverse bow to bow transitions but your not dropping into that reverse bow while whipping a staff to the ground and then transitioning forward into a spear thrust.

That motion was killing my knee.

Its good to have a place where I can get a variety of SD info and tips.

Thanks alot guys

Wow

No ones ever described me as normal before

lol

Ok now I have to ask where is the reverse bow in Luo Tien ?? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Ok now I have to ask where is the reverse bow in Luo Tien ?? KC
    They are all in the first section

After the rising with dynamic tension ( a la san he) in bird stance,

the third deflect double finger strike, you know the one directed to the left

We are told to step with the right leg out to the right into reverse bow as we circle block and then spring forward into left bow stance as we finger strike.

Before the first hook elbow finger strike after you double finger strike to both sides with a call you step back with the right leg into reverse bow then circle block and double finger strike as you shift forward into bow.

Also after the first hook left step forward elbow finger strike into right bow then the retreating deflections into a low bird stance with a beak back and strike with the right palm. As you rise up from the low bird stance you are effectively in a reverse bow as you circle block and then shift forward into left bow again for the double finger strike

Also this seems to fit into the bird form descriptions that TTM put up regarding the way bird style involves darting in and out.

Well it seems that way to me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    They are all in the first section

After the rising with dynamic tension ( a la san he) in bird stance,

the third deflect double finger strike, you know the one directed to the left

We are told to step with the right leg out to the right into reverse bow as we circle block and then spring forward into left bow stance as we finger strike.

Before the first hook elbow finger strike after you double finger strike to both sides with a call you step back with the right leg into reverse bow then circle block and double finger strike as you shift forward into bow.

Also after the first hook left step forward elbow finger strike into right bow then the retreating deflections into a low bird stance with a beak back and strike with the right palm. As you rise up from the low bird stance you are effectively in a reverse bow as you circle block and then shift forward into left bow again for the double finger strike

Also this seems to fit into the bird form descriptions that TTM put up regarding the way bird style involves darting in and out.

Well it seems that way to me anyway
    All four of those should be in a sparring stance/ bow stance, if I remember correctly( just did the form). There is a reverse bow after that, after you cross the arms in front of your chest and finger thrust out to the (L&R), right before you circle the hands around and squat.

Do they make you guys squawk for these forms on the east coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    Do they make you guys squawk for these forms on the east coast?
    Real men never squawk. They crow.

Bangarang Peter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Real men never squawk. They crow.

Bangarang Peter!!

LOL

But Im comfortable enough in my manhood to tweet even