View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 816 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3167167668068148158168178188268669161316 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    she will be mine soon I will have her KC But I like Black
    SWEET!!! Once you go black you never go back!!

cough cough ****s ****s cough

Off the sub, Look at WuDang Leg Skill at You tube tell me what you think KC
    Taekwondo/Wushu
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Wushuers dont hit pads like that I say they can fight , BTW TKD as prac today is is a mish mash of Japanese Karate and weastern boxing with Korean Kicks KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Notes

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Are these notes in Chinese with the English translation, like what is given out at the seminars now??
    YES, CHinese with translation; but I only have for the fist spear form. I understand there is/was a set for the second, and I never heard of any for the third or fourth. And someone went to the trouble of typing GMS's writing, so there is both.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

The Wu Shu or whatever he is guy

Wushuers dont hit pads like that I say they can fight , BTW TKD as prac today is is a mish mash of Japanese Karate and weastern boxing with Korean Kicks KC
    I don't care what he does, I'd be happy to kick, sweep, and jump like that. I say sign him up for Hua.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

taekwondo always had karate in it kc

Modern TKD as developed by Choi has Shotokan that is why the styles are so similar, The older ones like Chung do Kwan and Tang Soo Do and other temple arts were based upon Tae Gyun KC

This is getting wierd

David Carradine, Farrah Fawcet, Ed Mc Mahon, Michael Jackson , and now Billy Mays. Who;s next? KC

Actually TKD today is a Korean distillation of viable martial arts it based on... Shotokan to the larger extent & Shorin-ryu to a lesser. I spent my first 15 years in the MA learning & teaching it as well as teaching it recently.

The current Kukkiwon connected TKD isn't much more than foot tagging, hard, but foot tagging. There's been no definative proof of Tae Kyon actually being a formative base other than Choi's word on it's connection. All of the heads of the six original kwons have no indigenous KMA in them. Most or all were JMA trained & belted.

But TKD history aside... that's what the guy kicks like. It's like the TKD they teach in Dengfeng.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

David Carradine, Farrah Fawcet, Ed Mc Mahon, Michael Jackson , and now Billy Mays. Who;s next? KC
    Don't forget Shek Kin, I think he started the recent celebrity death trend.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Right all within 2 weeks. It is my understanding that TKD taught is as you say a distillation but Choi supposedly got training from Funikoshi KC

well a genawakai karate dojo is near my place dont knw how long its been around but gonna go check it out see if i can train with some other karateka

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Don't forget Shek Kin, I think he started the recent celebrity death trend.
    You're right... it was SK that did.

Right all within 2 weeks. It is my understanding that TKD taught is as you say a distillation but Choi supposedly got training from Funikoshi KC
    Oh, Choi did train Shotokan with Funakoshi & earned a nidan from him. Once Choi was kicked out of South Korean TKD, the Kukkiwon started coming up with the new forms (Palgwe, Taeguk, Chong-ahn [I think that's the name]) to replace the Kibon, Hyung-ahn/Pyung-ahn forms which are direct translations of Taikyoku and Heian/Pinan forms. The named forms stayed the same. In Tang Soo Do, they still practice those forms & in some of the Kwan schools (Ji Do, Chung Do, etc...) they practice them along side some of the new forms.