View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 824 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3247247748148228238248258268348749241324 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Do you think they would ban people just for bad mouthing them?

Well maybe the one comment went a little too far

gene is hella cool, he doesnt deserve to be trash talked. the way i see it, if someone doesnt like the mag and wants to trash talk the person who keeps this sh!t together so he can even post, a ban is only fair.

hell if he doesnt like it, he can just ban himself. ie: leave
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Anyone know anything about Yin-Yang Dagger being a part of the White Eyebrow system? It's listed as so on the Austin website. Just curious.

http://www.austinkungfu.com/about_adult_forms.asp

My understanding is it has its origins in Taoist thought and Hsing Ie as the Yang side corresponds with the 5 roads and elements etc of Hsing Ie And the Yin side with Pa Kua KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Anyone know anything about Yin-Yang Dagger being a part of the White Eyebrow system? It's listed as so on the Austin website. Just curious.

http://www.austinkungfu.com/about_adult_forms.asp
    The legend is....was developed by White eyebrow old man to help defeat the Shaolin Monks. The Yin form (hidden dagger) is based on a combination of Tai Chi & Baqua.....dagger is constantly hidden through out the form...blade flat against the fore arm. Yang form is all Hsing I based....dagger not hidden.
    Yin form is very fluid and flows...Yang form is pure Hsing I very linear and powerful.

both are very nasty...one of my fav.'s....enough to keep you busy for years
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    The legend is....was developed by White eyebrow old man to help defeat the Shaolin Monks. The Yin form (hidden dagger) is based on a combination of Tai Chi & Baqua.....dagger is constantly hidden through out the form...blade flat against the fore arm. Yang form is all Hsing I based....dagger not hidden.
    Yin form is very fluid and flows...Yang form is pure Hsing I very linear and powerful.

BQ
    Never heard that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post

BQ
    I thought that it was developed by White Eyebrow Monk's disciples, whom he betrayed, to combat against the White Eyebrow Monk......??

Everytime OTD posts I giggle because it sounds close to ODB from Wu-Tang Clan.

And yeah, Goju got a 10-day warning for his latest antics.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    MK
    BTW are you still training to look good ????
    OTD
    When you look this good, you don't have to train. Nature knows what she is doing...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

To black ball Goju for his statement is wrong he did not insult anyone on purpose it was just his warped sense of humor, and I dont really care for his attitude but freedom of speech is an important thing so are bad jokes KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Anyone have Yin-Yang Mantis? The two-man set?

This goes move for move for the first parts I recall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv9YQGWb0mY&NR=1

no one ever said kfmagazine was a democracy. as far as i can tell this is a dictatorship!

the mods control all, there is no voting and there sure aint to constitution.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Anyone have Yin-Yang Mantis? The two-man set?

This goes move for move for the first parts I recall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv9YQGWb0mY&NR=1
    That's Northern Mantis Bung Bo. You guys have that set but call it Yin-Yang Mantis?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    oh my god they are makinga movie out of sd lol
    well thats going strait to dvd lmao
    Honestly though most Indie movies don't even get distrubuted to DVD.

If his movie can get made that will be an "accomplishment", if it can get distrubuted on DVD that a "win", if it can actually be distrubuted in movie theatres here in America that is "Success beyond his wildest dreams".

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    That's Northern Mantis Bung Bo. You guys have that set but call it Yin-Yang Mantis?
    Actually, it was called secret door mantis fist (pi men tang lang quan). I'm not sure if it was exactly the standard beng bu, but it is pretty close. It is taught as a two-man set, so the seminar/festival where it is taught is called "yin-yang mantis". The "yang" side is the standard form, and the "yin" side is opposing the techniques of the standard form. In the two person sequence, you trade off doing the yang side and yin side, so it becomes quite confusing, since neither of you perform the entire standard sequence. It's broken into four sections, so you perform section one of the "yang" standard form while your opponent attacks you, then you attack him with the "yin" side in section two while he does the standard form, and so forth.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"