View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 825 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3257257758158238248258268278358759251325 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

We have a Bong Bu as well some of the moves are similar KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    To black ball Goju for his statement is wrong he did not insult anyone on purpose it was just his warped sense of humor, and I dont really care for his attitude but freedom of speech is an important thing so are bad jokes KC
    I think Gene can probably handle some dishing. It's the racism that is really pretty unacceptable. Folks have been banned from here before due to that. Coincidentally, isn't that what got MKRII kicked off?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    That's Northern Mantis Bung Bo. You guys have that set but call it Yin-Yang Mantis?
    I don't know the official name. I think they call it Yin-Yang since it's two sided due to the two man element. I just know that the two man version I've seen is, essentially, doing the side of the vid I just posted while utilizing the techniques against the other side's attacks.

I didn't think it was Bung Bo, though, since the form differs in most versions.....kind of like lots of sevenstar mantis. Plus, this guy's bow is exactly the same as ours, which is different from other versions I've seen. Slightly different applications, you can see, but exactly the same movements in the same order.

It's a pretty cool set, no matter what.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 07-18-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    SW(Shaolin Wookie Anyone have Yin-Yang Mantis? The two-man set? )
    Which road 1,2,3 or 4?
    LOL....OTD.

Dude, you tell me. Didn't know there were that many roads.

I'll assume it was the first...couldn't say.

You know I am not a prejudice guy but I really get tired of people telling me how to think and words to say or not say etc. To me if a person wants to be prejudice that is their choice. After all America was founded on choice. They pay the conciquences in the end. Most who tell you to not be , or it is wrong to be that way , are the most prejudice people I have witnessed. Just a thought. KC

like the new hate crime thing they are pushing,,, that is going to pass.. if you do a crime against some of this group or belife or this sexuality or what ever.... you will get punished worse,, then if it was against someone of another group??? what the ,,,,is up with that,,,
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Hmm.....how bout one just doesn't commit a crime, let one's hate loose, or think so much of oneself that another would seem second class. Seems like laws and regulations wouldn't matter, right?

Kindness doesn't kill. It undermines the need for authority.

i was more thinking if someone did one against myself or a family member?? that just because my skin is one color or because i like having sex with this or that type should that mater in how the person is punished
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

All crimes are a hate crime either against others or oneself. My feeling is this country was founded on equality and freedom, if a person doesnt like say, blacks hispanics asians or what ever then they should have that right. And since this is America then one shouldnt be condemned for expressing their thoughts. I am just tired of government trying to control our thoughts and actions with stupid unconstitutional laws. It is like working a job with a woman and we are doing the same job. Both should be paid equal pay, but then the woman shouldnt evr ask the man to lift something for her "because he is stronger or a man". KC

WEll guys I just got cussed by LK over the forum already E-mailed Gene to let him know and respectfully asked for LK to be barred. KC

All crimes are a hate crime either against others or oneself. My feeling is this country was founded on equality and freedom, if a person doesnt like say, blacks hispanics asians or what ever then they should have that right. And since this is America then one shouldnt be condemned for expressing their thoughts. I am just tired of government trying to control our thoughts and actions with stupid unconstitutional laws. It is like working a job with a woman and we are doing the same job. Both should be paid equal pay, but then the woman shouldnt evr ask the man to lift something for her "because he is stronger or a man". KC
    In America, you can say and believe anything you want. That's freedom of expression. Of course, others also have the right to not listen to you. That's freedom of expression, too.

The owners of this site choose not to listen to or condone certain expressions of freedom on their property. If you don't like that, you can exercise your freedom by expressing yourself somewhere else.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MK ,, look around , you just don't know how untrue your statment is becoming in this country

what on earth is going on this thread now?
    i dont dislike gene i was joking along with wookie about hating kung fu magazine
    nor do i hate mexicans im married to one

?????????????? your guys need to stop taking your weirdo pills

seriously

There just seems to be some bias as to WHO can say what, Lk in Newyork can outright use profanity but I guess because he has a thriving school he is allowed to cuss on the web/ this forum and get away with it, my feeling is it should have the same effect for all if Goju got introuble then so should LK but this is not the case here. MK I am not the one that is saying things , but if I choose to I will choose my words carfully , censorship is still censorship it doesnt matter who owns what in america. KC

There just seems to be some bias as to WHO can say what, Lk in Newyork can outright use profanity but I guess because he has a thriving school he is allowed to cuss on the web/ this forum and get away with it, my feeling is it should have the same effect for all if Goju got introuble then so should LK but this is not the case here.
    The powers that be don't mind yelling and fussing. You can call each other bums all day long. They won't tolerare racist remarks, though.

Gene doesn't even like LKFMDC. He's not protecting him, by any stretch. LKFMDC just knows when to shut up and when he can push.

censorship is still censorship it doesnt matter who owns what in america. KC
    Freedom of expression also means freedom from expression. If I don't want to listen to your ideas, I don't have to. That's what America is supposed to be about. You wouldn't let a man stand in your living room and call your wife a wh0re, would you?

Of course, if I don't like your God, I still have to recite his name in my country's pledge of allegiance and see it on my money whenever I buy milk, so maybe Al Queda won afterall.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.