View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 829 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198278288298308318398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I feel a grass root program can pull SD togethor and stop all this back biting and personal conflict being pressured on the "regular" student etc. OPINIONS, METHODS ???? KC
    Good luck.... That was tried before when there was only two "schools of thought". The East was "reluctantly" all for a consolidation but the West balked on the union. And this was not grass roots, this was the top working the deal.

As for the newer split, well, I have nothing to offer on that. I don't see any kind of reunion happening anytime soon. That's just the way it is. Fair, right, good for SD? No. But given the circumstances, it isn't going to change.

And if I were allowed to, I would have to give a % of my gross to the Master from that area and possibly the Master that I am associated with.
    Who is taking a cut? That is a new one on me. I have seen the "teaching certificates" and seen the rules and no where did it say that other than a very specific situation does anyone other than the teacher of the school make any money from said school.

Many who I have spoken with in and out of any of the organizations are tired of the BS. I for one am too.
    As politely as I can put it, my house my rules. Your house your rules.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

True about the house but with out people there is no house. I dont care whether the west comes into this thing but for a student of the SD system to be ostracized and not allowed to teach in an area just because someone doesnt want him or her too is ludicrous. There are ways to get around this and if we were all to stick togethor it may come to pass. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I think the most remarkable thing about the tournament was that when I had finished, all of the ancient Chinese men in the audience stood up and applauded, saying: "Surely this is the true Shaolin martial art!"

LOL....

i know i laughed at that too but i think kwai took that comment seriously lol

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I figure the old Chinese men know what they are talking about. KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I figure the old Chinese men know what they are talking about. KC
    wookie was being sarcastic

I dont think so , what about it wookie? KC

I took it as sarcasm too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

it was sarcasim......... but i do know that when was in chine , after we demoed.... we got to see an old master do some things,,Hsing-I,and he had a student of his do mantis....... now i know me and stoneheart disagree on the idea behind why they did it.... but they were not supposed to be part of the demo... whe had already seen "the kids" do their thing.... and i know one of our master was setting with them during our demo and they said that they liked what the saw and wanted to share some of their truer stuff........ just my view point with the info that i have....... but i must say it was good stuff....... ok sean,,,,, please do tell your side that way it is a balance story ok..thanks
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Only SW knows for sure I have seen the comments before. I believe the comments may have been different had a MA with little or no skill had done the forms. The "flavor" is what defines a form in my opinion. It can be the best Chinese Shaolin form but if it is done with Karate flavor then it will suck KC

It was a joke---surely you heard that one from the SD China trips some time or another.

But three separate people, one was 1 of the judges, did commend me afterwards as the only guy that threw a decent punch in the soft styles, saying I should have taken teh "traditional" 1st place over the Longfist mishmash that won.

Tourney shmoorney...it doesn't matter. IT was a training spike. Gave me something to work towards, a reason to really hit my forms hard, and polish up material many of my classmates never kept up and therefore lost. I was training daily, but I found in my prep a great new way to train that shows benefits quickly.

Pick 1 form and do it 10 times a day. Still do tai chi, pakua, etc. in the morning and on work breaks, but at night do at least 1 form 10 times---but in a row.

Reps 1-5 Balls to the wall speed, looking to speed up transitions/footwork by forcing myself to.

Rep 6-Slow, working on pace, form, timing....just like I learned it originally.

Rep 7- Slow, with power, with crips action.

Reps 8-10--Balls to teh wall, but with better timing, better pacing, better power, better crispness.

In between each rep, you can do another form (perhaps taking it a little easier) just to stay moving.

Now I'm doing 2-3 forms 10 times a night. 1 weapon, 2 fist forms. Dude, it's addicting. Try to keep the same form going throughout the week, either as teh main focus, or the in-between rep cool down.

It sounds boring, but it's actually the exact opposite. I'm getting more out of training now than I ever have. I'm more and more impressed with the basics, perhaps because they're finally getting the kind of pointed attention they really deserve.

Might have been a joke but was probably TRUE KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Might have been a joke but was probably TRUE KC
    shakes head at kc

your hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    shakes head at kc

your hopeless
    nope, he's too much!

Oh guys come on you both know SD is the real deal but you have said it isnt for so long that you cant renig on your statements now. I once saw a student of a great CMA Master that was so bad that everyone swore what he was doing was just junk. Never judge a book by its cover, read the whole book a few times then make a determination. KC