View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 844 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 344744794834842843844845846854894944 ... LastLast
Results 12,646 to 12,660 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

So I dont know if I can keep training under M David after this whole thing.

I got my BB this month and then this whole thing blew up.

I really like M Sharon, and I like the school and the system but I cant keep a clean conscience and still train here.

DO I really want to keep going to a school that I know only has drama and politics awaiting me after a few years.

I know if I was asked I would disapprove of M David's actions, so then would i be kicked out?

I plan on keeping up with all my lower belt and brown belt material, but I think Im going to find a Thai Boxing gym or something like that.

I wish I could stay at the CSC and I wish I could continue to study SD but theres no way I can do that anymore.

BoulderDawg,

do you know of any good Muay Thai places in Boulder that arnt too expensive and have live contact sparring? I think im ready for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    So I dont know if I can keep training under M David after this whole thing.

I got my BB this month and then this whole thing blew up.

I really like M Sharon, and I like the school and the system but I cant keep a clean conscience and still train here.

DO I really want to keep going to a school that I know only has drama and politics awaiting me after a few years.

I know if I was asked I would disapprove of M David's actions, so then would i be kicked out?

I plan on keeping up with all my lower belt and brown belt material, but I think Im going to find a Thai Boxing gym or something like that.

I wish I could stay at the CSC and I wish I could continue to study SD but theres no way I can do that anymore.

BoulderDawg,

do you know of any good Muay Thai places in Boulder that arnt too expensive and have live contact sparring? I think im ready for a change.
    why not hook up with some of the rogues around the area???? I have three ex CSC/ SDers with me that are all above brown belt.

Goju,
    No offense buddy, but I have no time to debate with children or idiots. Not sure which category you fall in, but good luck with things, you are going to need it. There simply isn't time to spend explaining the obvious.

But, here is a clue: In CMA hard tension is not required for Iron Body skills, nor is it considered very wise at the 'highest' levels. Yet it is THE method used in JMA.

One More Clue: If you think 'Iron Body' is the goal of Sam Chien, you have no clue as to what the basic methods are of the Wu Shu method that Goju claims to be.

Here is another clue: You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to to the Indonesian martial arts scene. Go read Draeger and DR. Davies and OOng Maryono's books as a good starter.

And a final clue: No Goju man can demonstrate, name or explain the basic concepts of the system it claims origin from. Why is that?

You are now on my ignore list.

Judge,
    From what I have seen, the SD method more closely resembles CMA than JMA Iron Body skills. These are not uncommon skills. Ranging from the lowest level, requiring tension, to tension/release and the purely relaxed methods. Anybody, with minimal instruction can develop good skills in Iron Body. The question is, how much will they damage themselves from bad training? Some methods improve the body and others destroy it.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

What I cant figure out is why

JP after he suggested to me months ago to stop, still argues with the little douche bag GoJu. Didnt you tell me nothing good could come from it?? lol I stopped why cant you?? lol what about you Mas??

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    If your above ststement is true then why are you so down on SD , sounds much like GoJu Ryu to me KC
    difference between authentic styles being created and mixed together and made up ones

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Goju,
    No offense buddy, but I have no time to debate with children or idiots. Not sure which category you fall in, but good luck with things, you are going to need it. There simply isn't time to spend explaining the obvious.

But, here is a clue: In CMA hard tension is not required for Iron Body skills, nor is it considered very wise at the 'highest' levels. Yet it is THE method used in JMA.

One More Clue: If you think 'Iron Body' is the goal of Sam Chien, you have no clue as to what the basic methods are of the Wu Shu method that Goju claims to be.

Here is another clue: You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to to the Indonesian martial arts scene. Go read Draeger and DR. Davies and OOng Maryono's books as a good starter.

And a final clue: No Goju man can demonstrate, name or explain the basic concepts of the system it claims origin from. Why is that?

Judge,
    From what I have seen, the SD method more closely resembles CMA than JMA Iron Body skills. These are not uncommon skills. Ranging from the lowest level, requiring tension, to tension/release and the purely relaxed methods. Anybody, with minimal instruction can develop good skills in Iron Body. The question is, how much will they damage themselves from bad training? Some methods improve the body and others destroy it.
    He falls into both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Goju,

Judge,
    lol!!!! oh so now you run away when i call you out on your bs? if the chinese taught the okinawans a watered down half arse kung fu you honestly expect us to believe they taught the de thouars brothers authentic cma? lmao!!!!
    not so good when the shoes on the other foot is it?

really hard tension isnt required in iron body? no sh@t sherlock no respectable master advocates squeezing your body so hard your eyes pop out when you preform sanchin

again your ignorance speaks volumes

never said it was the only or main goal one of the effects of proper sanchin training however is "iron body" along with root and power development

oh no i do i recall a article on kuntao silat and how a shaolin monk supposdly broke the rules by teaching i beleive one of the de thouars but of course he passed on the "real" stuff' to them right lol! i guess he knew the secret hand shake to get the good stuff the okinawans missd out on

so whats your point the average wing chun man cant explain the concepts of crane fist even though his style came from that style

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    JP after he suggested to me months ago to stop, still argues with the little douche bag GoJu. Didnt you tell me nothing good could come from it?? lol I stopped why cant you?? lol what about you Mas??
    You're right, I got bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'm not going to get in the middle of an argument about Okinawan karate's origins and whether it is "misunderstood" CMA. Not my area at all, but.....

Regarding the iron body demonstration you posted, I have had similar boards broken over my body while practicing San Njie. I've seen Master Garry Mullins break the neck of three baseball bats taped together at a demonstration with his shin. I've not seen anyone in our style break the neck of a bat with their radius but I would bet there are those that can do it.

Now by anaology I know you think SD is made up, bs and misunderstood; however, there are those who have developed similar iron body skills as the demo you put out there for an example. Just a thought.
    if that was the correct one that showed uechi ryu karate then the master also demonstrated by punching his student extremly hard in the abdomen repeatedly
    not to mention those boards in that tape if it is the correct one were extremly thick not the average breakable thin one ive seen sd guys use along with other supposed iron body demonstrations teams

Quote Originally Posted by SDJerry View Post
    I heard that Goju Ryu came from the Hung. If you look at their movements you'll see similarities however I will admit, they don't use the techniques the way we do. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but definitely different.
    hung gar acording to wing lam is one of the arts that supposedly lead to the formation of karate

if you stay with kung fu face palm theres this guy in boulder i forget his name who teaches shaolin he does demonstrations at the dragon boat festivals in denver with his students along with lion dancing seems like hes pretty good and legit
    ill try to find his name and school for ya

theres also suppose to be a korean master up in boulder who teaches tkd hapkido tangsoo doo and praying mantis and really suppose to be taught in a tradtional manner

I don't know of any Muay Thai in Boulder. I could be wrong about that.

I seriously want to check out the boxing gym here. I believe it's somewhere off of Foothills. I understand it's intense and a dam good school.

oh ken cohens in boulder too if you want to learn the internal arts he was trained under adam hsu so you know hes legit

Did the other thread just get totally wiped out of existance? I don't see it or any explanation why it is gone.

your right.....

maybe DS has more pull than we thought........