View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 848 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 348748798838846847848849850858898948 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

So Go Ju hasnt seen anything really he is just making a judgement much like Taai from what he has heard or read not what little he has experienced. Which is more real a fist smashing your face from SD or a fist smashing your face from a Hung Gar stylist ? Either way you are knocked out. I guess they could leave a card so when you woke up you would know. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    So Go Ju hasnt seen anything really he is just making a judgement much like Taai from what he has heard or read not what little he has experienced. Which is more real a fist smashing your face from SD or a fist smashing your face from a Hung Gar stylist ? Either way you are knocked out. I guess they could leave a card so when you woke up you would know. KC
    lol what the hella re you going on about!!!??

i personally took sd as is known on this thread by the sd guys who tried to engage in keyboard bil jee with me im not a person who has only heard or read about the system

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Quick!!! To the Luddite-mobile!

We'll find a solution if we scratch out astronomical patterns on these stones!

lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    doesnt change the fact you made a fool out of yourself by your statements chinese didnt teach authentic martial arts to non chinese especially when your own style claims to be a taught from a monk to indonesian/ dutch brothers lol

contradictions are amusing are they not?

enjoy your watered down fu though cheers
    Goju, honestly, I don't have time to explain to you how wrong you are. I don't care what you think. The slightest bit of actual research clearly demonstrates your lack of logical faculties. Good luck with it. I won't debate with kids.

Even the most ardent SDer has demonstrated more class, more style and more rationality (well except Willow when was an SDer) than you do. Not to mention the ability to stay on a point and examine it, versus jumping all over making ignorant statements.

All I've got to say, you just keep being you. It's punishment enough.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Goju, honestly, I don't have time to explain to you how wrong you are. I don't care what you think. The slightest bit of actual research clearly demonstrates your lack of logical faculties. Good luck with it. I won't debate with kids.

Even the most ardent SDer has demonstrated more class, more style and more rationality (well except Willow when was an SDer) than you do. Not to mention the ability to stay on a point and examine it, versus jumping all over making ignorant statements.

All I've got to say, you just keep being you. It's punishment enough.
    Translation: i contradicted myself and dug myself into a hole so deep with my statements i have no idea how to talk my way out of it

Whos arguing? You took it upon yourself to attack me and karate in general with these completely idiotic statements you could not back up with any evidence no matter how many times i asked you to provide just that and you end up contradicting the claims of your own style with your comments. good job

I simply used your own logic against you and asked you a simple question and you get your panties in a knot over it because i dared question you

oh and btw nice job on putting me on ignore buddy

a, i do not have a digital camera nor do i have a clue what a usb plug in is
    universal serial bus is what it is ... it is the little rectangular plug that almost all computer accessories use

b i have a mac and ive had it for a year and its the first computer ive ever had in my entire life( i come from irish farmer hill folk so im sorry if im out of touch with technology)
    good choice. i like macs best. do you know how old your mac is?
    if it was made in the past few years everything you need is built in already

c. yes i can. but i assume you need other computer equipment to achieve this and i dont even so much as own a printer for my computer
    all you need is a cheap little camera and the free software that come on your mac.

didnt watch the videos i dont have a flash player in my puter either
    have you ever watched a youtube video?

it is almost 2010. my old mom has even figured these things out lol
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    universal serial bus is what it is ... it is the little rectangular plug that almost all computer accessories use

good choice. i like macs best. do you know how old your mac is?
    if it was made in the past few years everything you need is built in already

all you need is a cheap little camera and the free software that come on your mac.

have you ever watched a youtube video?

it is almost 2010. my old mom has even figured these things out lol
    i beleive its ten years old if not more i bought it used
    no lol ive never watched a video on youtube

i beleive its ten years old if not more i bought it used
    no lol ive never watched a video on youtube
    10 years old ... ok you cant do a lot of things with that lol ...

maybe its time to upgrade.

aside from martial arts youtube is awesome. so many things to watch on just about every subject you can imagine.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Wink The Magic of Libraries!

Although you won't really be able to upload anything from a library computer without getting in trouble, you can still use it to do everything that your veteran mac probably couldn't, i.e watch youtube or print!! (usually 10-30 cents for every page after the first). Or better yet, you can use the power of the interlibrary loan program (if your library uses it) to check out super rare books from your house! (well, actually just to order them... you still gotta pick em up and check em out there.)
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 09-30-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: clarification
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

lol i just need to crawl out of the stone age and learn to use technology
    for what its worth heres apic of me throwing a side kick and one of my knuckles from training the makiwara

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Shaolindo is as real and authentic as any other style as stated many times all MA are a conglomeration of styles etc GoJu , Shoto Kan Wing Chun Etc.
    All martial arts are a conglomeration? I bet every SD player in here cringed when they saw you throw out that statement hehehe

goju

So lets recap:
    1. You trained under the Soard school system , that represents maybe 15% of all of SD. The level of the practioners is questionable.
    2. You achieved only what , blue or green belt level?
    3. You sparred one guy who had not trained before and was a beginner.
    4. You do not and have not seen anything on You tube.
    5. To my knowledge you have not traveled to different areas and seen anyone else do, or compete against other SD people.
    So you are somewhat limited by what you have seen to make a judgement as to how good something is or isnt. If you had a broader view point and more experience that may be different.
    However,Feel free to talk about deforming knuckles and calcifiing your joints if you want.
    We can also include Taai in this as he said he has never met a SD person at all. KC

"ive been punching the makiwara for five years now with out any dit da jow and my knuckles look like this" By Goju

i kind of like them to look like this it makes me look tough lol!!!!!
    Attached Images knuckles2.jpg (37.6 KB, 2 views)
    Dont try to play piano KC

a, i do not have a digital camera nor do i have a clue what a usb plug in is
    b i have a mac and ive had it for a year and its the first computer ive ever had in my entire life( i come from irish farmer hill folk so im sorry if im out of touch with technology)
    c. yes i can. but i assume you need other computer equipment to achieve this and i dont even so much as own a printer for my computer

didnt watch the videos i dont have a flash player in my puter either
    I'm calling bs on the youtube. A couple of days ago, you posted a link to a youtube video of goju ryu iron body skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

If that is so and it is then GoJU is just a liar oops youve been punked KC