View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 849 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 349749799839847848849850851859899949 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

He will say that he sent the link without looking at it (because he couldn't see it) or something like that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    So lets recap:
    1. You trained under the Soard school system , that represents maybe 15% of all of SD. The level of the practioners is questionable.
    2. You achieved only what , blue or green belt level?
    3. You sparred one guy who had not trained before and was a beginner.
    4. You do not and have not seen anything on You tube.
    5. To my knowledge you have not traveled to different areas and seen anyone else do, or compete against other SD people.
    So you are somewhat limited by what you have seen to make a judgement as to how good something is or isnt. If you had a broader view point and more experience that may be different.
    However,Feel free to talk about deforming knuckles and calcifiing your joints if you want.
    We can also include Taai in this as he said he has never met a SD person at all. KC
    Aside from the obvious legal problems they are having right now, The Soards and The' really need to step back a little and take a good look at the program they are running.

David and Sharon will say "Yeah we cut you some slack when testing for lower belt but once you test for black belt........" Total BS. I don't know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that no one has failed a test in over a decade. I've seen David step people through forms on a test!!!!!

I've also seen people testing from 3rd to 4th who were so out of shape they could not make it though one form without getting out of breath.

Maybe at once time the program was worth it but that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 10-01-2009 at 08:42 AM.

I agree I feel that once one has made 4th or 5th and has been a constant training member then they should be allowed to teac. They should be able to teach directly under GMT but go to an EM for their training or someone above them. Where the problem lies is giving EM an area and a teacher having to be directed by them. That makes it too controling.
    As far as 3rd to 4th black I dont know anyone who can do that test w/o getting out of breath I dont care who you are. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

As far as 3rd to 4th black I dont know anyone who can do that test w/o getting out of breath I dont care who you are. KC
    What does that have to do with anything? Did you read what I wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Aside from the obvious legal problems they are having right now, The Soards and The' really need to step back a little and take a good look at the program they are running.

David and Sharon will say "Yeah we cut you some slack when testing for lower belt but once you test for black belt........" Total BS. I don't know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that no one has failed a test in over a decade. I've seen David step people through forms on a test!!!!!

I've also seen people testing from 3rd to 4th who were so out of shape they could not make it though one form without getting out of breath.

But might that affect cash flow? I think a lot of schools get into that kind of rut because they are afraid of alienating the base of their business. It's not right, but it's a problem that is larger that The', the Soards, or the CSC.

As far as being out of breath while testing from 3rd to 4th, if that material is done properly, then one form will make you breath hard. But they should be able to do all the testing material hard and fast and crisp. If not, then they shouldn't be testing (imo anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I put in bold the area I was commenting on as well. KC

I put in bold the area I was commenting on as well. KC

Can you read? How do you equate being out of shape, getting 30 seconds into you first form and being out of breath with " dont know anyone who can do that test w/o getting out of breath".

Where did you read that you could not get through the test without being out of breath?

I don't know, maybe you think someone who's 75 pounds overweight is equal to someone in good shape.

Has anyone noticed...

that more than half of the CSC's schools are no longer listed on the main website?
    No more new york, seattle , portland, las vegas, san jose, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'm calling bs on the youtube. A couple of days ago, you posted a link to a youtube video of goju ryu iron body skills.
    um no how many time did i ask for people to tell me if it was the crorrect link? and as far as i know it was suppose to uechi ryu demonstration

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

"ive been punching the makiwara for five years now with out any dit da jow and my knuckles look like this" By Goju

i kind of like them to look like this it makes me look tough lol!!!!!
    Attached Images knuckles2.jpg (37.6 KB, 2 views)
    Dont try to play piano KC
    ??????

So lets recap:
    1. You trained under the Soard school system , that represents maybe 15% of all of SD. The level of the practioners is questionable.
    2. You achieved only what , blue or green belt level?
    3. You sparred one guy who had not trained before and was a beginner.
    4. You do not and have not seen anything on You tube.
    5. To my knowledge you have not traveled to different areas and seen anyone else do, or compete against other SD people.
    So you are somewhat limited by what you have seen to make a judgement as to how good something is or isnt. If you had a broader view point and more experience that may be different.
    However,Feel free to talk about deforming knuckles and calcifiing your joints if you want.
    We can also include Taai in this as he said he has never met a SD person at all. KC

1.Oh yeah what an excuse!!!!! the soards just misrepresent the real sd right!!!! Then as i said how come the reast of sd schools get the same complaints the csc does if its the soards who only teach it wrong?

2. if i can remember right i was a green

3. he was a brown belt when he sparred there fore he outranked me and according to you guys a sd white belt could easily take me apart

4. (shrugs) from the comments ive heard from posters here the majority of of its kids flailing at each other when they spar i dont know im missing much maybe i am

5.you know how many students the csc in boulder and denver had? not to mention they had sd guys from different parts of the usa stopping in to train i didnt see any difference from the sd practioners from anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    that more than half of the CSC's schools are no longer listed on the main website?
    No more new york, seattle , portland, las vegas, san jose, etc
    Mass revolt from all those school. My opinion is the same thing will happen in these schools that happened in Phoenix. That will just take time.

Honest to God though I am able to see both sides of this story. A lot of it has nothing to do with the legal problems. I think a large part of what's going on is the fact that the program has stagnated and needs reevaluated. Change is a btch! Because the Soards have been unwilling to change and adapt they are going to pay the price.

Boulder dog

I posted that about 3rd to 4th because you seem to say someone who tests for 4th should be able to do those forms w/o getting out of breath even on the 1st Hua. I say BS no one can do it right and not be OOB afterward or during. KC
    Im trying to agree with ya man chill out

Mass revolt from all those school. My opinion is the same thing will happen in these schools that happened in Phoenix. That will just take time.

Honest to God though I am able to see both sides of this story. A lot of it has nothing to do with the legal problems. I think a large part of what's going on is the fact that the program has stagnated and needs reevaluated. Change is a btch! Because the Soards have been unwilling to change and adapt they are going to pay the price.
    I figured as much..... CSC needs to reinvent it's self if it wants to survive . Soards worry to much about quantity instead of quality. I would rather have a bunch of good brown belts than a bunch of sh!tty black belts , that is what they have.......

We live in the 2000's now . MMA is rampant and training for real with live resisting opponents or not is what will make or break any school.

All the forms in the world will not make you a superior martial artist. Most of these people think the more forms and rank they have the better they are.......The opposite is true.....
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-01-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Hello all,

I apologize for the off-topic post but I don't know where else to put this.

Does anyone have any experience with Master Mingione's school in Indiana? If so please pm me, I am looking to relocate in the near future and have a few questions about the school.
    Last edited by Iron Palm; 10-01-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling