View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 861 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 361761811851859860861862863871911961 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,915 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

What he said about the history of Tai Chi Quan and Chang San Feng is what he was right about. I know it is a legend, however, that is how Shaolin Temple teaches it. Interesting though as he and the news anchors said Sin The Karate school and talked about karate and he made no attempt to say it was Kung Fu.

yeah, Sin The' Karate Club/School was the way it was always posted. The location he is in now goes by Sin's Gym, but houses the Sin The' Karate Club/School.

What surgery did EML have? I hadn't heard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    yeah, Sin The' Karate Club/School was the way it was always posted. The location he is in now goes by Sin's Gym, but houses the Sin The' Karate Club/School.

What surgery did EML have? I hadn't heard about that.
    he had heart surgery

Hmmmm, I had not heard that. Bad? Extensive? Is he restricted on what he can do, now?

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Hmmmm, I had not heard that. Bad? Extensive? Is he restricted on what he can do, now?
    From what I heard he is fine and back to normal ...whatever that means

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone from Boulder ever heard of Trans Thai Boxing and fitness center?

ive been going around town trying to find a place to train in a striking art. I would go to one of the MMA places but they put all their focus into BJJ and im not really interested in learning that. I also hear that easton BJJ is cobra ki

I went to some hapkido classes but they seemed pretty lame, with noises that are enforced and stuff, the BB going over techniques with me kept trying to intimidate me, it was all laughable.

The same place (pre eminence hall) has goju ryu karate and an other okinowan weapon art but from their website it is clear that they dont do sparring ever in any capacity.

This Trans place though seems like I could really learn alot there. They have a large facility thats open 6 days a week and they teach Muay Thai and they have a fight team that you can get on. Im gonna go visit them tonight.

If anyone in Boulder knows of any secret ancient chinese men who teach any chinese style I would be interested, or just any place where I can get some fight practice and some intense strike training I would really appreciate it.

I think the moment I realized how bad the people at the CSC were was during the 3rd and 4th roads of the golden leopard festival.

At the beginning of the festival all of the highest ranked masters and a couple of the lower ranked school instructors performed the 1st and 2nd roads for GMT.

You could tell that they took this as a big deal. As they started the forms I noticed GMT in the back of the crowd talking to someone. Then he went to the porta potty, then he came back out and went back to his conversation without even glancing at the senior students performing for him.

I was just like..... OUCH

i just woke up so bare with me while i clear out the cobwebs but is this the same trans school you were talking about
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81449

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    I think the moment I realized how bad the people at the CSC were was during the 3rd and 4th roads of the golden leopard festival.

At the beginning of the festival all of the highest ranked masters and a couple of the lower ranked school instructors performed the 1st and 2nd roads for GMT.

You could tell that they took this as a big deal. As they started the forms I noticed GMT in the back of the crowd talking to someone. Then he went to the porta potty, then he came back out and went back to his conversation without even glancing at the senior students performing for him.

If you have to go you have to go....no matter who you are..... I have seen him do it in the middle of a test before...how long should someone have to wait to go to the john??? if he did it after the performance or before there would have been some delay, right??

Better to do it when everybody is not looking and in the middle of some half @$$ed performance than when he is supposed to be teaching, right??

FacePalm

Too bad you dont live close, I would train you the way you should be trained.

I've noticed things like that. One wonders how much burn out The' is suffering from. I guess you really couldn't blame the man. Hell most pro sport people live and breath their sport from about 5 years old until 40 or so then they've just had enough.

I'm not really into the politics as much as a lot of people but it seems like most of the people who would take over from The' because of retirement or death are in their 50s at least. Maybe it's time to start grooming a younger man to take over.

i know when he had the masters in lexington demo a form at the spring seminar in lexington he didn't walk off at all,, and i must say i was impressed... each master showed different strengthes but master ben collins was the most well rounded.... power speed,,, all there.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    What he said about the history of Tai Chi Quan and Chang San Feng is what he was right about. I know it is a legend, however, that is how Shaolin Temple teaches it. Interesting though as he and the news anchors said Sin The Karate school and talked about karate and he made no attempt to say it was Kung Fu.
    the problem i have with it is it is said in a way that implies that sin the' has some direct connection to chang san fang ...

face the facts that tai chi chuan as we know it (yang 64) is not very old. surely not "thousands" of years ...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Has anyone from Boulder ever heard of Trans Thai Boxing and fitness center?

ive been going around town trying to find a place to train in a striking art. I would go to one of the MMA places but they put all their focus into BJJ and im not really interested in learning that. I also hear that easton BJJ is cobra ki

I went to some hapkido classes but they seemed pretty lame, with noises that are enforced and stuff, the BB going over techniques with me kept trying to intimidate me, it was all laughable.

The same place (pre eminence hall) has goju ryu karate and an other okinowan weapon art but from their website it is clear that they dont do sparring ever in any capacity.

This Trans place though seems like I could really learn alot there. They have a large facility thats open 6 days a week and they teach Muay Thai and they have a fight team that you can get on. Im gonna go visit them tonight.

If anyone in Boulder knows of any secret ancient chinese men who teach any chinese style I would be interested, or just any place where I can get some fight practice and some intense strike training I would really appreciate it.
    Hi Facepalm,
    We have a regular group that trains Hebei Xingyi at the Pre-Eminence Hall on Saturday mornings. Feel free to drop me a PM and I can give you the details.

Best Regards,
    Chris