View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 866 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 366766816856864865866867868876916966 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Gossip just off the SD hotline: Someone was telling me today that the nine schools that broke away from the Soards are now under Master Gary Mullins.

Don't know if it's true or not. I have doubts that Mullins would get involved so easily but maybe he did.
    shouldnt speculate until all is said and done...just curious as to who told you this because no one is supposed to be saying anything yet......

Little birdie

Quote Originally Posted by boulderdawg View Post
    little birdie:d
    lmao........

4. under Master Mullins and Master Grooms.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    under Master Mullins and Master Grooms.
    That's ELDER Master GaRRy Mullins and SENIOR Master GaRY Grooms to you ......Really??Interesting ......curious as to where this will all go.

Official news

IT WHAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

http://www.shaolincenter.com/affiliate_schools.html

So The' signed off on that then and let those two instructors in Phoenix back into the art?

Would love to hear the story behind that!

Cool

So The' signed off on that then and let those two instructors in Phoenix back into the art?

I don't think that he let them back in per se, so much as they were smuggled in like crack cocaine from Venezuela...

GM The is in a real clusterfluck, because he let the EMs Dave and Sharon write that letter under his authority; yet, he can't lose a significant part of his SD family either. But he's in this whether he wants to be or not, and he has to make a choice.
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    I don't think that he let them back in per se, so much as they were smuggled in like crack cocaine from Venezuela...

GM The is in a real clusterfluck, because he let the EMs Dave and Sharon write that letter under his authority; yet, he can't lose a significant part of his SD family either. But he's in this whether he wants to be or not, and he has to make a choice.
    It's all confusing.

Here's what I don't understand, if The' did not let these two instructors back into the art then it sounds as if Mullins and Grooms are going rogue here by recognizing them.

I can't believe they did that without The's knowledge.

It's all confusing.

Here's what I don't understand, if The' did not let these two instructors back into the art then it sounds as if Mullins and Grooms are going rogue here by recognizing them.

I can't believe they did that without The's knowledge.
    Well, from what I can tell, going rogue isn't what isn't what I would call it necessarily... more like a moral difference. EM Dave had no right to throw them out IMO. Sin The of course believed the EM over their students, but now he is going to regret getting involved without knowing all the facts, and for letting the Soards act under his authority. However, EM Mullins and SM Grooms, who have had good standings with alot of people out West (excluding the Soards), I believe are doing themselves a favor by associating with these schools. Without sounding cliche or anything, the fate of SD depends on what happens next..
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

GMT has had a long and troubled history of siding with the senior student just because they were the senior student. I have first hand experience on that one and have been around him since 1970. But the actual letter to the students regarding the new Shaolin "friends" with Mullins and Grooms is on the Bovine site.

Just saw the letter from GMS reinstating Jake and Laura into the SD good graces again.

I would still like to know what happened. Just a total guess here: Since it's both Grooms and Mullins I'm thinking maybe the Soards sold the rights of the school to them????? Who knows anymore. What a crazy mess!

Yes, it is odd to go back and forth like that.

Wouldnt you though....??