View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 867 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 367767817857865866867868869877917967 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Notice the official letterhead says "Karate Club". IMO they should take a closer look at their brand. These inconsistencies are a large part of why the club catches so much flak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    Well, from what I can tell, going rogue isn't what isn't what I would call it necessarily... more like a moral difference. EM Dave had no right to throw them out IMO. Sin The of course believed the EM over their students, but now he is going to regret getting involved without knowing all the facts, and for letting the Soards act under his authority. However, EM Mullins and SM Grooms, who have had good standings with alot of people out West (excluding the Soards), I believe are doing themselves a favor by associating with these schools. Without sounding cliche or anything, the fate of SD depends on what happens next..
    Interesting observations....

Quote Originally Posted by SDJerry View Post
    Notice the official letterhead says "Karate Club". IMO they should take a closer look at their brand. These inconsistencies are a large part of why the club catches so much flak.
    Some people are afraid of change...... while others embrace it... Change is a part of life and happens around us whether we want it or not.

Things are changing around and within the system, if it wants to survive it has to embrace it and flow with it ........

Its natures law, not mine. It is The Way of the Tao.......

After all,we are in a new millenium arent we?
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-16-2009 at 11:53 AM.

All this is really interesting. It makes financial sense (aside from morally correct) to not cast off these students that object to David Soard and his actions. It's unfortunate that it had to happen this way and we had to have a removal and then a reinstatment within a couple of weeks. I doubt we will ever know why all this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The letter was a little strange. I'm not doubting it's validity but it was strange. Very generic in content.

Also, I'm not privy to everything in the Sin The' organization but I'd never seen that logo before or heard of the Karate "Club" . I've heard of the Sin The' Karate School but not of the Karate Club.

In any case I guess money talks but to be honest this would be like being fired from a job. If I was fired from a job I'm not sure I would want to go back if my boss came back a month later and told me I wasn't fired. Especially if he never asked me to come back but rather just sent me a letter saying I had my job back.

Business makes for strange bedfellows

As stated in the post
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=125
    ---------

The following was released this morning to the Phoenix CSC students (I have removed font colors to make it more legible on this site):

---------------------------
    Hello again Shaolin,

We have recently formed more friendships within our Shaolin System. The newest Shaolin schools in our network are in Georgia and Tennessee. The schools in Georgia are headed by Senior Master Gary Grooms and Master Michael Reid. The schools in Tennessee are headed by Elder Master Garry Mullins. Please feel free to visit their below websites for more information and a list of their schools:

www.ShaolinCenter.com
    www.Mullins-Shaolin.com

All students are more than welcome to travel to, visit, and train at these schools or attend seminars they may be holding. Their students are also more than welcome in Phoenix, Arizona. Please let us know in Phoenix before you do attend any out of state classes so we can tell them you are coming! These newest Masters do not own our school but have been great supporters of ours as we will be of theirs. We look forward to training with them and getting to know them and their students in the years ahead.

Elder Master Mullins and family, and Senior Master Grooms and family, and possibly Master Matt Small, Master John Keller, Joe Weiland, Thad Wong, etc. will be coming to Phoenix over the November 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th (Thursday - Sunday) week and weekend. I would love to have everyone in classes that Thursday and Saturday to meet our newest Shaolin friends! Don't miss these dates!

Below is the new announcement and CSC History that will be displayed on our website very soon!

Much success and excitement in your training ahead,

Jake Rydberg

===================
    CSC History

The CSC Phoenix was founded in 1991 and is in its 18th year, now located in Tempe, Arizona. The head instructors / owners of the Phoenix CSC are 3rd Degree Black Belt Jacob Rydberg and 2nd Degree Black Belt Laura Adams. While continuing to teach and pass down the Shaolin art to new enthusiastic Shaolin, Laura and Jacob are current students themselves constantly training and advancing in the Shaolin art. They also enjoy training and visiting with other great Shaolin Masters and Masters of the Martial Arts. Please check the school nearest you, whether New York, Idaho, Las Vegas, Portland, Seattle, San Jose', Georgia, and Tennessee.

Our Shaolin network is very strong and supportive. We honor our current collection of friendly instructors and schools including our newest martial arts relationships with Elder Master Gary Mullins in Tennessee and Senior Master Gary Grooms in Georgia. We are looking forward to the training and experiences that we as well as our students will have available with Master Mullins and Master Grooms in the years ahead. Thank you to Elder Master Mullins, Senior Master Grooms, and their students and instructors for being true examples of Shaolin -- skillful in external and internal kung fu as well as having a strong martial arts code of ethics.

This year, 2009, is truly a year to reflect on the Phoenix. Not only is it the name of our wonderful city but it reminds us to embrace and enjoy the change that the great Phoenix bird represents. This year has been a year of rebirth. We are constantly enhancing the experience at the Chinese Shao-Lin Center in Phoenix to maintain the wonderful support of our great students. We have an enlightening and electric school because of you all, the students!

The Instructors and Students at our school are preparing for the upcoming 2011 China Trip, visiting even more unique, historic and remote locations than any trip prior! Come join us!

Sincerely,

Laura Adams and Jacob Rydberg

Exclamation New information

New development:

The reason GMT did the weird flip-flopp is that the 2 instructors in Phx/Tempe threatened to sue him for Victim harrasment and to have him arrested if he didn't reinstate them in the art.

He's running scared. Funny how all it took was a 2nd and a 3rd black to bring him to his knees?

More 'inside' details soon...

Quote Originally Posted by starr View Post
    New development:

The reason GMT did the weird flip-flopp is that the 2 instructors in Phx/Tempe threatened to sue him for Victim harrasment and to have him arrested if he didn't reinstate them in the art.

He's running scared. Funny how all it took was a 2nd and a 3rd black to bring him to his knees?

I have no love for The' but I don't believe that. Not asking you to reveal your source but where are you from and how did you come about your information?

By the way what you described in that first paragraph is called blackmail. That's a crime in itself. Do you really want to accuse Laura and Jake of this?

Nasty, nasty business here.

That's craptacular.

I'd have to see it in original B&W before I'd believe that about anybody.

That's blackmail straight up & considering it's across state lines, that'd be relatively serious & large scale on the punishment scale.

I just don't buy it... not at all. Until proven otherwise, I'm calling sh1tty****** on it...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Take it or leave it.

The tattooedmonk can mark my words. He knows I'm wright.

I've got the in with Grooms, The', and Jacob/Laura, and people close to the Soards.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm giving the news as I know it. Heard those words myself.

Think about it. What the hell happened in a few short days that GMT throws a 180? You guys aren't that stupid. It doesn't take a freakin Sherlock Holmes to figure this mystery out. I'm surprised no one already knew.

Oh, and by the way, I've been following this post and you guys have really hit on some accurate speculations, but in other parts you are so way off!

Right tattooedmonk?

I've got the scoop. If you don't want it, I'm out.

I've got the in with .........Jacob/Laura,......
    Really? If you're a friend of theirs then I would hate to see their enemy list!

What school do you train at?

new development:

The reason gmt did the weird flip-flopp is that the 2 instructors in phx/tempe threatened to sue him for victim harrasment and to have him arrested if he didn't reinstate them in the art.

b.s. Not true

The tattooedmonk can mark my words. He knows I'm wright.

I've got the in with Grooms, The', and Jacob/Laura, and people close to the Soards.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm giving the news as I know it. Heard those words myself.

Think about it. What the hell happened in a few short days that GMT throws a 180? You guys aren't that stupid. It doesn't take a freakin Sherlock Holmes to figure this mystery out. I'm surprised no one already knew.

Oh, and by the way, I've been following this post and you guys have really hit on some accurate speculations, but in other parts you are so way off!

Right tattooedmonk?

I've got the scoop. If you don't want it, I'm out.
    BFD... you know who I am.... what do you have to gain by trying to front me off??
    who is it that you heard these words from?? I am curious.
    I know that your perception is slightly distorted.....

Doesnt make sense...think about it
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-19-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    That's craptacular.

I'd have to see it in original B&W before I'd believe that about anybody.

That's blackmail straight up & considering it's across state lines, that'd be relatively serious & large scale on the punishment scale.

I just don't buy it... not at all. Until proven otherwise, I'm calling sh1tty****** on it...
    See.....even you can see through that B.S.and you dont even like or practice SD....... anymore

Boo on the Tatoo

Don't be shy, tattooedmonk

I can't expect you to be in the know since you haven't been in good standing with GMT since the late 90's. But hey, we all make mistakes. That's a discussion for another time.

Now poking around calling the Shaolin schools to get info is not the same as being there. What happens day in and out is the real ticket.

BD:

Now you know I can't reveal that!

But their enemies list is growing and includes the GM. I wouldn't call him a coward, but more of a 'lie in wait' kind of guy.

And with in fighting in the break away schools, I can't imagine the enemies list is not going to keep growing.