View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 870 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 370770820860868869870871872880920970 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Wrong about what? Mullins and Grooms buying the schools?

Do you think that those two guys just said "Yeah, out of the goodness of our hearts we'll let the nine schools be associated with us and we don't care if it pises off The' or generates a bigass law suit against us from the Soards."
    If you read the letter written by Jacob to his students ,it says that SMG and EMM do not own our schools.....but are supporters ...and not in a financial way either.......From what I understand their school is doing quite well.

Maybe

So , you think the Soard's would sue ?? Dont you think that would put the nails in the coffin for them? Why would they do that??

Okay, let's go there then.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Its obviously someone who has an ax to grind and wants to see what they can stir up . Accusing good people of blackmail is a serious charge....not failing to mention all the holes in that line of thought.
    I hate to go off topic, but since the tatooedmonk brought it up, let's put some questions to the forum. You guys are pretty good at figuring this stuff out.

Why is tattooedmonk so interested in this break away?
    Why is he contacting Jacob/Laura, the new CSC in Phoenix, Gary Grooms, etc.?
    Why does he say that Jacob/Laura are 'good people' when he's never met them?
    What does HE get out of all this should Jacob/Laura succeed in blackmailing the GM?

If tattooedmonk wants to make people's motives an issue in this mess, I'm game to add that to the discussion. But be careful about opening a can of worms!

Quote Originally Posted by starr View Post
    I hate to go off topic, but since the tatooedmonk brought it up, let's put some questions to the forum. You guys are pretty good at figuring this stuff out.

Why is tattooedmonk so interested in this break away?
    Why is he contacting Jacob/Laura, the new CSC in Phoenix, Gary Grooms, etc.?
    Why does he say that Jacob/Laura are 'good people' when he's never met them?
    What does HE get out of all this should Jacob/Laura succeed in blackmailing the GM?

If tattooedmonk wants to make people's motives an issue in this mess, I'm game to add that to the discussion. But be careful about opening a can of worms!
    Well , obviously you want to make this personal, but I am not going there.

You have shown what your about, just goes to show that you are exactly what I know you are .

If you werent you would contact me personally . Its easy to talk $H!t from behind a keyboard but if you knew anything about me you would know that is not very smart.

Back to the subject at hand......

I am interested to see what happens just like anyone else....

I wanted to congratulate them on sticking up for what they believe in and what is right, I wanted to hear first hand what was going on...nothing more

From what I know of them I say they are good people.

Jacob and Laura are not blackmailing GMT

I have nothing to gain.....

sorry...

What???

If you read the letter written by Jacob to his students ,it says that SMG and EMM do not own our schools.....but are supporters ...and not in a financial way either.......From what I understand their school is doing quite well.

Maybe

So , you think the Soard's would sue ?? Dont you think that would put the nails in the coffin for them? Why would they do that??
    Oh, man! I'm losing respect for you, tat. I hope you're not referring to Jacob/Laura's school??

Now I'm positive you've never met Jacob/Laura. Nor have you ever set foot in their school. These guys have been in a financial mess for over a year now and Laura has had to take a job to make ends meet. So if you call raffling off their Shaolin weapons on eBay for 1/2 of what they paid for them 'doing quite well", then you're not too shrewd a businessman. These two are in debt to their ears and have been planning a breakaway for some time for financial gain.

But that's another topic for another time. Let's not get too off base here.

Now let's talk about that letter and SMGG and EMGM.

If you think that SM Grooms and EM Mullins are going to let these rogues just exist under them in name only without some sort of compensation, you don't know them. A Senior Master and Elder Master go out on a limb for these guys and they don't get anything out of it? These 9 schools are now in debt to EM Mullins and EM Grooms and they better get ready to pay up at some point in the future.

BD has it right that they're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Now let's not get into the politics, but they're no friends of the Soards.

If you could pick up 9 schools to add to your list all in one scoop, wouldn't you jump on that? But nothing in life is free.

Several Things:

Would the Soards sue? That's a big "You bet". I don't know all the contractual obligations the out of state instructors had to agree to to get their own school but I know there were a few. My guess that would include a non-compete clause. As I said I can't imagine Mullins and Grooms just diving into that's hornets nest unilaterally.

Finally I think I have this starr guy pegged:

I don't think he's ever been anywhere near a SD school or met any of the people involved. None of the information that he has posted here is new. All of it has been posted on this board at one time or the other or easily available other places.

Several Things:

Would the Soards sue? That's a big "You bet". I don't know all the contractual obligations the out of state instructors had to agree to to get their own school but I know there were a few. My guess that would include a non-compete clause. As I said I can't imagine Mullins and Grooms just diving into that's hornets nest unilaterally.

I don't think he's ever been anywhere near a SD school or met any of the people involved. None of the information that he has posted here is new. All of it has been posted on this board at one time or the other or easily available other places.
    They might file a case, I doubt they would win , that would be the end of their relations with GMT, among other things.... As for Starr, he is just a troll , nothing more

BTW ,, Jacob and Laura won the lawsuit to keep the name so the "Authorized" Soard School had to change it's name... I believe the same holds true for all the school who broke away
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-19-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Oh, man! I'm losing respect for you, tat. I hope you're not referring to Jacob/Laura's school??

Now I'm positive you've never met Jacob/Laura. Nor have you ever set foot in their school. These guys have been in a financial mess for over a year now and Laura has had to take a job to make ends meet. So if you call raffling off their Shaolin weapons on eBay for 1/2 of what they paid for them 'doing quite well", then you're not too shrewd a businessman. These two are in debt to their ears and have been planning a breakaway for some time for financial gain.

But that's another topic for another time. Let's not get too off base here.

Now let's talk about that letter and SMGG and EMGM.

If you think that SM Grooms and EM Mullins are going to let these rogues just exist under them in name only without some sort of compensation, you don't know them. A Senior Master and Elder Master go out on a limb for these guys and they don't get anything out of it? These 9 schools are now in debt to EM Mullins and EM Grooms and they better get ready to pay up at some point in the future.

BD has it right that they're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Now let's not get into the politics, but they're no friends of the Soards.

If you could pick up 9 schools to add to your list all in one scoop, wouldn't you jump on that? But nothing in life is free.
    Funny , you havent shown me any . Its hard for me to believe you have any respect for anyone , including yourself.

Keep it up , this is all good for a laugh or three

Omg

This is getting funnier by the minute....

Several Things:

He has been in an SD school ...well sort of, a CSC associated with the Soards..... I would almost bet that it is one of their instructors

*** DIRECTED AT STARR***

LMAO... I am sure it is someone I know Someone for whatever reason doesnt like me , and someone who thinks because they are in with the Soards that their $hit doesnt stink ...well let me tell you what buddy , I can smell your stink all the way from California, your just a couple of states over, not too far

I never had anything against you but for whatever reason you have issue with me... are you suffering from an inferiority complex or something , starr??

I am sure we can resolve your issue whatever it might be...
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-19-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Well, let me just make an observation:

From what I've seen none of these out of town instructors are exactly raking in the dough. I think most have to take a second job just to pay the rent. I would be really surprised if Jake and Laura (Especially since they are two of them sharing the profits) are doing "well" so to speak.

Torts 101

Also, some of the contractual stipulations include non-compete clause and a percentage of testing fees. So maybe not in the traditional sense but these schools were a franchise of the Soard schools. I'm fairly certain they simply could not walk away from the Soards without penality. I'm also fairly certain that Mullins would not simply walk in and take over the schools.

Now as far as the "moral outrage" goes: Truth is everyone in these schools have known about this for over a year. Where was the moral outrage and disassociation then?

As far as The' goes: I have no respect for the man. He should have kicked asss and nipped this in the bud when it first happened . He did not.

I know what you're doing!

Several Things:

I know what you're up to, BD! You're pushing me to show my hand. Okay, how's this.

Grooms and Mullins figure that if these schools go down due to lawsuits, they (Grooms/Mullins) are no worse off than when they started this.

They're not part of the Soards' lawsuit. Yes, Jacob/Laura have been served... how's that for inside info? I don't think Jacob/Laura have told anyone else! Happened in the middle of class... It was actually weeks ago and it was then that the threat to the GM was placed. Last ditch attempt I guess. But what did they have to lose? But instead of telling the Soards to back off, the GM went into hiding. Oh well - you can't have EVERYTHING!

And tattooed monk has proven once again that he doesn't know anything, because that lawsuit has barely begun - Jacob/Laura didn't win any lawsuit?? They told GMT that they wished that the lawsuit would just go away. I think it was a "you drop that lawsuit and we won't sue you or send you to jail." But I don't think it's in the GM's hand to remove the lawsuit.

I'm guessing the only reason EM David Soard plead guilty to a misdemeanor instead of going to trial like in the Springs, was to end that lawsuit against them and volley the serve.

So you're right, it was a definite 'yes'. But you're still one step behind, BD! Please try and do better!

He has been in an SD school ...well sort of, a CSC associated with the Soards..... I would almost bet that it is one of their instructors

*** DIRECTED AT STARR***

LMAO... I am sure it is someone I know Someone for whatever reason doesnt like me , and someone who thinks because they are in with the Soards that their $hit doesnt stink ...well let me tell you what buddy , I can smell your stink all the way from California, your just a couple of states over, not too far

I never had anything against you but for whatever reason you have issue with me... are you suffering from an inferiority complex or something , starr??

I am sure we can resolve your issue whatever it might be...

Man, you're easy to rile up!

Only a couple of states away? I may be closer than you think!

I might be an instructor soon, with all the openings probably coming up! Might help with my inferiority complex.

I've got not beef with you. You're just not in the know about any of this stuff. I told you not to make this personal...

From what I've seen none of these out of town instructors are exactly raking in the dough. I think most have to take a second job just to pay the rent. I would be really surprised if Jake and Laura (Especially since they are two of them sharing the profits) are doing "well" so to speak.

Torts 101

Also, some of the contractual stipulations include non-compete clause and a percentage of testing fees. So maybe not in the traditional sense but these schools were a franchise of the Soard schools. I'm fairly certain they simply could not walk away from the Soards without penality. I'm also fairly certain that Mullins would not simply walk in and take over the schools.

Now as far as the "moral outrage" goes: Truth is everyone in these schools have known about this for over a year. Where was the moral outrage and disassociation then?

As far as The' goes: I have no respect for the man. He should have kicked asss and nipped this in the bud when it first happened . He did not.
    They didnt sign the contract , remember all instructors are recertified every year.If anyone is competing it is the" new " school. This was all a business arrangement but not at all like starr says , but he is only going by what the Soards have told him.

I admire your loyalty though, starr.

Thumbs up

Torts 101

Okay, I'm impressed with those observations. It's possible that you're just guessing all over the place and you got lucky right now. But I am impressed!

Man, you're easy to rile up!

Only a couple of states away? I may be closer than you think!

I might be an instructor soon, with all the openings probably coming up! Might help with my inferiority complex.

I've got not beef with you. You're just not in the know about any of this stuff. I told you not to make this personal...
    BS , you have been calling me out since you have posted here.

Your making it personal not me.

I know who you are and I have a few ideas why you are doing it . If you are close ,you are more than welcome to contact me so we can talk in person.

If your not then you should take a shower

I know you are just doing damage control and try to discredit me and anyone else who KNOWS differently than you do.

I dont know which Soard is holding your leash ,but they can feel free to let you loose in my direction

I know that after one of your visits to LA you ratted me out because I drank some alcohol in front of you and smoked some weed in the other room .