View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 893 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903943993 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    This is funny:

http://www.kungfucalendar.com/

I saw this yesterday and just burst out laughing. I recognized several names on the testimonials. I don't know who's behind it but I'm assuming it's an SD guy.

Given recent events, what better way to promote Shao-lin Do than to put out a calender with a bunch of hot Kung Fu girls on it in gi tops but no bottoms!
    Well he says he's a second degree black belt in shao-lin so that sounds like SD, but I don't recognize the patches on the gis. Wait were there patches on the gi's, I was distracted.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Well for obvious reasons they are not going to use SD patches. Even as it stands now it would not surprise me to learn that The' isn't screaming for his cut!

Also, I think this was done by somebody from the Phoenix school but I'm not sure.

It will be interesting to see how they do with this. I would have marketed it as a Martial arts calender instead of KF. Also the pictures are not very professionally done and I don't think they pushed the envelope quite enough. If you're going to make sexy pictures then make sexy pictures. I don't think this calender will sell. It's not a calender that you're going to hang in your office and if I wanted a calender with hot girls to hang in my home I'm going to get something better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Well for obvious reasons they are not going to use SD patches. Even as it stands now it would not surprise me to learn that The' isn't screaming for his cut!

Also, I think this was done by somebody from the Phoenix school but I'm not sure.

It will be interesting to see how they do with this. I would have marketed it as a Martial arts calender instead of KF. Also the pictures are not very professionally done and I don't think they pushed the envelope quite enough. If you're going to make sexy pictures then make sexy pictures. I don't think this calender will sell. It's not a calender that you're going to hang in your office and if I wanted a calender with hot girls to hang in my home I'm going to get something better than this.
    From what I understand it was done by ShaolinGirl and some of the other students from the Phoenix School. I do not know if the models are actual students.... you are right about the patches. They are standard patches you can find online. I believe next years will be better!!! Why not offer to help make it better!?!
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 11-09-2009 at 11:54 AM.

This was sent out to the Phoenix CSC students after the weekend visit by Elder Master Garry Mullins, Senior Master Gary Grooms, and Master Kevin Mullins.

Hello all our Phoenix students,

Thank you all for coming out on Thursday and Saturday to meet with and train with Elder Master Garry Mullins, Senior Master Gary Grooms, and Master Kevin Mullins.

I had the most exciting, challenging, enlightening, and fun training experience I can remember. I am so glad that many of you were able to share the training also.

Both Master Mullins and Master Grooms paid their own travel expenses to and from Phoenix and trained us all weekend for no fee at all. They have inspired me and have trained us and helped us purely to honor a repectful martial code.

I am looking forward to every class coming up and sharing with you more of what we learned this week!

Looking forward to training with you all. We have a lot in store for us. Don't miss it!

I will be honored to host these great Shaolin Masters again!

Jacob Rydberg

Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    This was sent out to the Phoenix CSC students after the weekend visit by Elder Master Garry Mullins, Senior Master Gary Grooms, and Master Kevin Mullins.

Hello all our Phoenix students,

Thank you all for coming out on Thursday and Saturday to meet with and train with Elder Master Garry Mullins, Senior Master Gary Grooms, and Master Kevin Mullins.

I had the most exciting, challenging, enlightening, and fun training experience I can remember. I am so glad that many of you were able to share the training also.

Both Master Mullins and Master Grooms paid their own travel expenses to and from Phoenix and trained us all weekend for no fee at all. They have inspired me and have trained us and helped us purely to honor a repectful martial code.

I am looking forward to every class coming up and sharing with you more of what we learned this week!

Looking forward to training with you all. We have a lot in store for us. Don't miss it!

I will be honored to host these great Shaolin Masters again!

Jacob Rydberg
    AWESOME!!!How did you , personally, enjoy the weekend???

Come into my web said the spider to the fly. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Hey KC

How you doin , man?? I dont see how these posts are helping, what would you do to change things and how???

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    From what I understand it was done by ShaolinGirl and some of the other students from the Phoenix School. I do not know if the models are actual students.... you are right about the patches. They are standard patches you can find online. I believe next years will be better!!! Why not offer to help make it better!?!
    Sure. I'll pose next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Sure. I'll pose next year.
    Hopefully they arent that desperate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    AWESOME!!!How did you , personally, enjoy the weekend???
    I got a good workout, and was sore the next day. It was an enjoyable experience, and I enjoyed meeting new people. Some new workout things done, some good points on issues with forms that was being glossed over before which I found to be useful. There was also more of a focus on actually applying what was learned rather than working on memorizing a form which I found refreshing.

A lot of what was actually taught was what I had already learned elsewhere, but as with any workout it is easy to get lax and not actually stick to what you know you should be doing if you don't pay attention to it all the time.

I'd say that, given what I saw, I am pessimistically optimistic.

well kwai when are you going to come down to colorado the months about half way in allready

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

KC if you actually come out here and spar Goju I think my life will be complete.

How will your life be complete.? TTM I am just very pessimistic as the political mess continues. Go Ju having money probs may be dec instead. for real .KC

Blog Entries

heres some kicking for you, KC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76MgBFVGjiE