View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 905 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 4058058558959039049059069079159551005 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,575 of 19832

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Smile

Last edited by Old Man; 03-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    since everybody tease everybody with their knowledge on this bored and nobody want to give up what they know they know in public to nobody else I'll be in that game too. If you want to know more about GM Ji send me a private message with your email address. I will tell you about GM Ji's teachers, where he studied, what he did, who he taught, etc. Maybe.
    thank alot old man i have already sent a pm to you looking forward to hearing from you

The form, not the setting

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    BW
    Do U reconize this picture
    OTD
    Will you tell us about when, where, what context those photos were taken? And share the rest.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Truth

Date July 1 1992
    PLace Bandung, Indonesia
    Grand Hotel Preanger main banquet hall honoring Grandmaster Sin by some of his old colleagues students in particular Tjie Tiong and the White lotus society (I believe) At the time Tjie Tong was well into his 80's after the banquet he did 'push hands' with any one who wanted to cross hands. He was very strong and fast. There were many forms shown by both the visiting Americans and the local Bandung group. Some were in plain sams others looked like club uniforms all including the ladies were very colorful. Empty hand and weapon forms were shown along with a couple of two man weapon sets, A little bit of sparring as well . After the dinner a few late comers showed some more forms. It was quite informative. A lot of the forms shown were in the upper black belt level. All of which I believe have been taught out in the original home school, but I am not sure. Those that were readily recognizable to me in 1992 were the 3rd Brown Belt Broad sword, Tai chi Fan, sword, 24,64, and Buddha fist. Others became clearer as they were taught out 13/14 White crane, New Golden mountain tiger, Ground dragon.
    I think these films/videos are treasures and for as much as those who could/would/should see them and enjoy them there are as many "foo/keyboard' naysayer and @$$ Wholes that
    I have had to listen to for over 40+ years of whining and complains (and they should have been practicing their own style to better them selves) that I keep these to myself and enjoy. Because other opinions, besides GMS and my master, do not matter ‘Nuf said!!!!
    OTD
    Cannot disagree with your assessment of who should be privy to such treasures, particularly those who would appreciate them, rather than criticize or rationalize. Alhough there are others in the system who would still like to. I sent you a PM on another (?) topic.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Nice...

Im so happy this thread has started up again

clear up

old man i think you should clear up your pm

Date July 1 1992
    PLace Bandung, Indonesia
    Grand Hotel Preanger main banquet hall honoring Grandmaster Sin by some of his old colleagues students in particular Tjie Tiong and the White lotus society (I believe) At the time Tjie Tong was well into his 80's after the banquet he did 'push hands' with any one who wanted to cross hands. He was very strong and fast. There were many forms shown by both the visiting Americans and the local Bandung group. Some were in plain sams others looked like club uniforms all including the ladies were very colorful. Empty hand and weapon forms were shown along with a couple of two man weapon sets, A little bit of sparring as well . After the dinner a few late comers showed some more forms. It was quite informative. A lot of the forms shown were in the upper black belt level. All of which I believe have been taught out in the original home school, but I am not sure. Those that were readily recognizable to me in 1992 were the 3rd Brown Belt Broad sword, Tai chi Fan, sword, 24,64, and Buddha fist. Others became clearer as they were taught out 13/14 White crane, New Golden mountain tiger, Ground dragon.
    I think these films/videos are treasures and for as much as those who could/would/should see them and enjoy them there are as many "foo/keyboard' naysayer and @$$ Wholes that
    I have had to listen to for over 40+ years of whining and complains (and they should have been practicing their own style to better them selves) that I keep these to myself and enjoy. Because other opinions, besides GMS and my master, do not matter ‘Nuf said!!!!
    OTD
    here are some pictures some may enjoy.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...992Demo001.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...eshouse001.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...-Ticket001.jpg
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

jie tiong

hi bruce,
    thanks for your information is the old guy in the second foto's Jie tiong?

regards,

Kuni & Bruce
    I believe the older gentleman in the picturt to be GGMIe adoptive son.
    The atached picture is Tjie Tiong in the Multi-colores jacket seated on the end.
    He was the one that was hosting the get together.

Bruce nice to have you back in the states, did you miss the cold and snow?

OTD
    i was trying to place who he was ... thanks.

i am in milan italy today and fly to athens greece in the am ... another few days and i will be back in the good ole usa...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Thanks for the warning
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

adoptive son

Kuni & Bruce
    I believe the older gentleman in the picturt to be GGMIe adoptive son.
    The atached picture is Tjie Tiong in the Multi-colores jacket seated on the end.
    He was the one that was hosting the get together.

Bruce nice to have you back in the states, did you miss the cold and snow?

OTD

who is the nam eof the adoptive son of ie? do you no?

the flowers have bloomed ,,, fun little form
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Date July 1 1992
    PLace Bandung, Indonesia
    OTD

If you had to compare the Indonesian school with its American offshoot, how would you define the main differences? ST/SD has a different curriculum setup, so of course the emphasis develops differently in conjunction with that and the student's interest, so I'm not saying one thing's better than another.

Just curious.
    No, no, no. You're not thinking. You're just being logical---Niels Bohr

Oh yeah!??!! Well, my dad could beat up your dad!--Lineage-Haters

For all nonsense there is an equal and opposite nonsense---Wook

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    the flowers have bloomed ,,, fun little form
    So what did this form teach you that the others did not?

that GM SIN can move his muscles like a freak.......... i guess you would have just had to seen it... oh and that i am much fatter then most in the system.. haha..
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..