View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 913 of 1280 FirstFirst ... 4138138639039119129139149159239631013 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,695 of 19196

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

sorry, bro. A knee is more like a lead jab than a front straight kick.

A sweep is like a kick, but a knee isn't even close.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    I think we need to realize just what a load of **** Bill Leonard's open letter is. Those of you who are agreeing with him need to put down the Kool-Aid.

Bill Leonard fails to explain the part about the other 30+ forms Sin The' says he made up.

Question to Sin The' in deposition: "And then you have 29 forms you made up yourself?"

Sin The's Answer: "As of 1990. And then I make up another 30 -- 37 or 40 some form up to now."

So, which forms might those be? Will Bill Leonard be posting a list for us?
    Mercer won't touch this question with a 10 foot Shaolin katana.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Whatever, you just want argue. A knee is more like a kick than it is any other striking technique. It utilizes the same components of the kinetic chain. The same nervous system, bones and muscle. The arc maybe smaller and the part of the leg you are using for striking maybe different, it's still essentially the same. I am aware of the differences . There are more similarities than differences. A knee is a type of kick, hell even a sweep is a type of kick.
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. This is a pretty self-evident thing I'm talking about.

Just because it uses the same limb means absolutely nothing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Mercer won't touch this question with a 10 foot Shaolin katana.
    Meecer .. not Mercer .. how long have we known each other bro? (Last name is Meece .. was a nickname that was given to me long ago. Early on I found that Meecer was taken so I chose themeecer)

Actually, I am being lazy ... I found statements within the same deposition that contradict that or at the very least are vague. I was planning on finding them, but my ADD has kicked in. I will agree that even though my loyalties lie with GM Sin, that this wasn't a stellar moment. I find it hard wrapping my brain around how a person can copyright a set of movements. However, I am not privy to the circumstances between GM Sin, the Soards, and 'Jake Mace.' Maybe I would understand it better, if I was. I do know that GM Sin has always treated me very well and the material I learned from him through my teacher has served me very well.

I do find it hard to believe that our brown belt bird katas were pulled out of thin air. There is just too much meat there to be randomly thrown together. I actually prefer this material to some of our recent seminars. Maybe it is because I was weaned on these 27 years ago and have such a deep working familiarity with them.

As to the slapping the foot with a front kick. I use it for training purposes, but have never used it in sparring or in a self defense situation. I lack the ability to effectively pull that off as well. I could better see using the slap with a crescent kick, to help with accuracy.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

...also, I was under the impression that the brown belt bird forms were a portion of what Master Sin's brother, Hiang "majored" in under GM Ie.

Thought I'd come see what's going on...I have friends still in SD and this seems to have shaken them up quite a bit.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

sorry, bro. A knee is more like a lead jab than a front straight kick.

A sweep is like a kick, but a knee isn't even close.
    Well I have never thrown a knee with my arm before, whatever. Guess you don't know much about the body either.

actually , a knee is more like an elbow more than anything else , if you want to get technical. The knee is done with a leg and is nothing like a jab.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-07-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. This is a pretty self-evident thing I'm talking about.

Just because it uses the same limb means absolutely nothing.
    just because you think something is not what matters. It's simple ****ing science..... And yeah it is ... Its evident that you don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-08-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Have fun being wrong.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

just because you think something is not what matters. It's simple ****ing science..... And yeah it is ... It evident that you don't know what you are talking about.
    Knees attack thrusting forward, like a jab. Elbows attack in side to side or up and down strokes. Completely different motion. If I didnt know better, I'd assume you were a forms fairy...
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themeecer View Post
    Meecer .. not Mercer .. how long have we known each other bro? (Last name is Meece .. was a nickname that was given to me long ago. Early on I found that Meecer was taken so I chose themeecer).
    Typing on a phone at an Easter egg hunt. Calm thyself, broham.

Knees attack thrusting forward, like a jab. Elbows attack in side to side or up and down strokes. Completely different motion. If I didnt know better, I'd assume you were a forms fairy...
    Whatever , you incorrect of your understanding of the mechanics of a knee, elbow and or kicks... Plus I am speaking from facts, yours is just opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Have fun being wrong.
    Enjoy being under educated and over opinionated .

Whatever , you incorrect of your understanding of the mechanics of a knee, elbow and or kicks... Plus I am speaking from facts, yours is just opinion.
    Yeah, my guys have 5 MMA title belts beause I teach them incorrect technique. What have your students won again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQF5...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-07-2012 at 09:41 PM.

I don't think you need ANY belts to realize how off his statement was, MK.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown