View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 914 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049129139149159169249641014 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    I remember about 5 years ago I attended one of the golden leopard seminars. After the seminar sin the sat us all down to make a big announcement. His movie was going to be released shortly and that once people saw it they would be lining up around the corner to sign their kids up. He said it would make shaolin do bigger than taekwondo, even bigger than soccer. He said we were sitting on a gold mine.
    Of course the movie still hasn't came out. The whole context of the speech to me was, making more money.

Unfortunately, that seems to be a common occurance with him over the last several years.

Blog Entries

Eric smith

So was master Eric smith kicked out of the system too? Or did he just quit?
    The reason I ask is..he is no longer listed on the SDA website list of masters. Just curious. I always thought he was one of the most skilled people in the system.

i just checked the SDA site and he is still in the photo area of the master so i don't know what site you checked??......... shaolin-do.com???
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries
    Your correct. My fault. I was looking at the sinthe.com website.

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    i just checked the SDA site and he is still in the photo area of the master so i don't know what site you checked??......... shaolin-do.com???
    You can't trust the SDA site to be a complete list of those masters under Sin The. They only list the SDA masters so Master Mullins etc are not referenced on that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

thats correct, it is only masters in the SDA, not CSC or any of the other areas and such, there for its only a partial list of those in the over all system
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

You can check here for a somewhat complete listing...

http://www.shaolingrandmaster.com/masters_main.html
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-11-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LOL...it had to be a Canadian. I have an art degree from the University of Georgia. I could whip up a Cubist "warewolf" LOL......or maybe a Dada Tai Djin.

I wonder what Worhol or Pollock would have done. A Shaolin Do linoleum drip?

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    LOL...it had to be a Canadian. I have an art degree from the University of Georgia....
    Sorry for the snip but...
    Do I know you? I'm the northern shaolin guy down here
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    I remember about 5 years ago I attended one of the golden leopard seminars. After the seminar sin the sat us all down to make a big announcement. His movie was going to be released shortly and that once people saw it they would be lining up around the corner to sign their kids up. He said it would make shaolin do bigger than taekwondo, even bigger than soccer. He said we were sitting on a gold mine.
    Of course the movie still hasn't came out. The whole context of the speech to me was, making more money.
    Even in North Korea I'm sure they'd give the ol' SD movie the boot. There is no world and no country in which the SD story could possibly be interesting, short of Sin The' getting Tony Jaa in on the stunts.

I keep picturing this clip, with Teen Wolf in the Hero's role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY

Wish him all the best, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Sorry for the snip but...
    Do I know you? I'm the northern shaolin guy down here
    Nope. I've seen your ad on the Atlanta pages but you're out of my driving range. I love to cross-train, but I'm not into the park-kungfu thing. THe only Northern Shaolin/wushu stuff I've practiced outside of SD in the Atlanta area was with Yinzhang Wang...but that was several years back. None of the Atlanta Shaolin schools do any sparring worth a **** outside of SD that I've seen. Practiced MMA for 2 years, did Capoeira with Mestre Robson, and I got a BJJ Blue Belt from a Gracie Barra Jiujitsu school. But I'm an SD guy at the core.

If you have a grasp of its chin-na and short forms, SD's basic techniques are like Hobbes's description of the state of Nature:

Nasty, brutish, and short.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 01-11-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I didn't edit it. I wasn't even here.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Nope. I've seen your ad on the Atlanta pages but you're out of my driving range. I love to cross-train, but I'm not into the park-kungfu thing. THe only Northern Shaolin/wushu stuff I've practiced outside of SD in the Atlanta area was with Yinzhang Wang...but that was several years back. None of the Atlanta Shaolin schools do any sparring worth a **** outside of SD that I've seen. Practiced MMA for 2 years, did Capoeira with Mestre Robson, and I got a BJJ Blue Belt from a Gracie Barra Jiujitsu school. But I'm an SD guy at the core.

If you have a grasp of its chin-na and short forms, SD's basic techniques are like Hobbes's description of the state of Nature:

Nasty, brutish, and short.
    Whoah...I was being nice, but since you went there...
    1) What is "Park kung fu"?
    2) Northern Shaolin has nothing to do with "wushu" the way you slashed it
    3)YZWang sux
    4) Really? Looks like you haven't seen ANYthing bro.
    5) Sorry, but SD did not create what you call Chin-na. Qin Na is in every style and I more than have a grasp of it.

Surprised you reacted this way to my asking if we knew each other simply since I noticed we are in the same area and studied at the same school (UGA). Now it looks like you may have crossed the line. I do hope I interpreted your intentions incorrectly...
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org