View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 918 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4188188689089169179189199209289681018 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Cool

I have found the angle of the technique changes the out come of the defense. So i think at times what appears to be a punch is actually a block. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Where are all my foes and friends?

just trying to get ready for GMS seminar
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Where are all my foes and friends?
    LMAO......I am here, but I dont know as to which one I am....maybe both!!!lol

Enjoying the exchange, for once. Good discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    just trying to get ready for GMS seminar
    I'm really excited about this year's fall seminar. I'm wondering which drunk it'll be. I'm hoping for the flute player. Last fall's Shaking Crane was great.
    Sith Legal Kung Fu is unstoppable.

I hope to be able to make it as well. I am wanting to learn all 8 of the immortals at some point. KC

he said he will be teaching out 2 this fall
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Then all I will lack is the Flexible Immortal Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Then all I will lack is the Flexible Immortal Yeah.
    Which ones do you have? And is "crazy mad drunk" one of the 8 immortals? I thought maybe it was just a separate drunk... which immortal is the crazy mad one?

Karate/Kung Fu

I was just thinking today: why do so many people have a problem with the Japanese uniforms for a Kung Fu school, but they can easily accept "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu"?

Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawyer View Post
    I was just thinking today: why do so many people have a problem with the Japanese uniforms for a Kung Fu school, but they can easily accept "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu"?
    Because almosty everyone will admit that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was was born from Judo, which is where the gi and colored belt system originated. Consequently, you have a successor system borrowing a custom from its forebear. Brazilian jiu jitsu has never claimed that their gis and belt colorings exist for any other reason.

because tcma guys have that insecurity where they need to try to be as "authentic" as possible to bring them credibility to other tcma schools... its like they have a ****ing contest over who can possess the most worthless trappings and hold them in reverance... like having an alter when you dont even really know what its all about...

i would only wear a Gi if i was doing some jacket tossing... and i never wear the silk jammies... straight up sports gear for this cat... loose pants and a tshirt for the most part... and no feyues, i gotta sic pair of pumas that feel like extensions of my feet... just putting them on makes me wanna get all acrobatic...

because brazillian jiu jitsu history isnt shady and can be easily explained?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

The real reason is due to the Japanese occupation of China before the 2nd world war. There were a lot of attrocities commited against the Chinese by the Japanese. Many Chinese would consider the wearing of a gi when doing a Chinese art a huge insult.