View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 954 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 45485490494495295395495595696410041054 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

But wait, that was one of the forms that Sin The said, under oath, that he fabricated? I'm so confused....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

this is one long thread

If we deleted all the posts like the one that you just posted, I'm sure it would only be 1/2 as long.

4. Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    i am planning on it!
    Cost is 100.00 for all 3 classes. 40.00 per style if you only want to see a specific one.

Spread the word!

Classes

Can you give Us a break down of what the classes will cover? And why in Denver? Central location?

6. Master Grooms will be teaching these first two palm changes and using
    movements from those changes to illustrate the 64 rules of Ba Gua.
    The 64 rules discuss the principles that define Ba Gua as a martial
    art and physical practice, and developing a deeper knowledge of how
    they apply directly to the movements of the form will add depth to your
    understanding of the style.

The five roads are the essential foundation of this explosive and dynamic internal martial art. Master Grooms has spent years developing the fa jing power that
    Xing Yi is famous for. Throughout the afternoon he will be working
    with you on developing a detailed understanding of the distinctive
    San Ti stance, issuing power internally and how to correctly train
    the five roads of Xing Yi.

Yang style Taiji is a one of Master Grooms true specialties, and he
    has attained a deep understanding of the movements and principles
    through decades of focused practice with this form. Master Grooms will be teaching Yang style form with an emphasis on developing functional and efficient
    body alignment. This will be further refined through his explanation
    of Taiji principles and the combat applications found within the
    movements of the Yang Taiji form.

Cool, are You gonna be there? I am.

8. I will! Contact me (via messaging) for information and payment details!

9. Just an update. The seminar is in Castle Rock, CO ( a little south of Denver).

I want to make something clear:

I did not "break away" from the Soards. I quit taking classes because I felt the instruction was based more on new material then on the mechanics and focus of the specific styles. I then decided to teach a combination of Indonesian and Chinese Kung Fu. Part of that training includes, Tai Chi, Pa Kua and Hsing Ie which I have made extensive effort to learn correctly from respected masters. So I went to Atlanta and Florida to learn them properly. I am not teaching those arts the "Shaolin-Do Way" I am trying to teach them the mechanically correct way - hence I have asked Master Gary to come out and share his insights with anyone who might be interested in them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    Just an update. The seminar is in Castle Rock, CO ( a little south of Denver).

I want to make something clear:

I did not "break away" from the Soards. I quit taking classes because I felt the instruction was based more on new material then on the mechanics and focus of the specific styles. I then decided to teach a combination of Indonesian and Chinese Kung Fu. Part of that training includes, Tai Chi, Pa Kua and Hsing Ie which I have made extensive effort to learn correctly from respected masters. So I went to Atlanta and Florida to learn them properly. I am not teaching those arts the "Shaolin-Do Way" I am trying to teach them the mechanically correct way - hence I have asked Master Gary to come out and share his insights with anyone who might be interested in them!
    Just curious were the masters you refined your technique with from shaolin do?

11. nope.

I have trained with respected masters in and out of SD. I do not have blinders on.

In all honesty my focus has been on the martial applications in the styles. So proper body mechanics, alignment and intent drive a lot of what I am doing.

Cool

Looking forward to it!

Blog Entries
    Do have experience with grooms? If so just curious how he stacks up with the other masters outside of sd.

14. In my experience he is very skilled at finding the proper alignment and optimal positioning in the forms.

He did not just "do" the SD stuff but went out and tried to discover the meaning behind the moves and how they need to be done to deliver the maximum effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    In my experience he is very skilled at finding the proper alignment and optimal positioning in the forms.

He did not just "do" the SD stuff but went out and tried to discover the meaning behind the moves and how they need to be done to deliver the maximum effect.
    Which is an indictment to how SD is taught. Why do you need to go outside of the system to better understand your art? I get cross training with other styles or practioners of internal systems outside of SD to put your training in perspective, but that doesn't appear to be what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.