View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 961 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 46186191195195996096196296397110111061 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,415 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Where has UCT gone? He posted once or twice then hasn't commented since...

Anybody else see this thread? http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=64208
    I just wish someone had posted the "authentic kung fu" example of the same form for the sake of comparison as Bhodi Warrior had asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I just wish someone had posted the "authentic kung fu" example of the same form for the sake of comparison as Bhodi Warrior had asked.
    It's there now ... and here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8lNk0SjwQ
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    It's there now ... and here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8lNk0SjwQ
    Thanks, Sean, for posting that. Certainly the two are different; barely recognizable as the same form.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Thanks, Sean, for posting that. Certainly the two are different; barely recognizable as the same form.
    Yup... but not to salt things, but one is the form & one is a poorly attempted copy of it. Not saying it can't be made to work individual motion by individual motion, but it's not correct in form/function/design & poorly executed at best.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    I can not belive I just stayed up till 3:15 AM reading this thread. Who can I sue?
    If serious, then please understand that the law in every jurisdiction is different and you should consult a lawyer in your own state rather than rely on internet legal advice.

another version

this is from one of the the disgruntaled viewers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzf31suKzqg

anyone want to discuss this??

this is the form alright , must have just learned it, any comments Sean??
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 08-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Yup... but not to salt things, but one is the form & one is a poorly attempted copy of it. Not saying it can't be made to work individual motion by individual motion, but it's not correct in form/function/design & poorly executed at best.
    I totally agree, Jakes is karatefied. He may not have taken it from the book, but maybe someone else did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzf31suKzqg....

anyone want discuss this??

This guy has no business making negative comments on someone else's form. That's all I'm gonna say.

as i see it...

Jakes only real problem, beside the ego, is the way he does his chinese martial arts , it just doesnt have that flow , its hard and chopy. He looks like a combination of SKT and DS doing his forms. you can definately see who he modeled himself after.

make no mistake, though he is talented and has considerable skills. I would like to help him straighten some of it out if I could.

and that goes out to all CS/ SD students. I went to three centers on a road trip recently and couldnt believe what I saw. it was sad . I feel sorry for those instructors out in the middle of no where without any real resources. other than SHS and DS. they are totally disconnected from reality.

its amazing what you can learn from the people that actually know CMA. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    This guy has no business making negative comments on someone else's form. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Right?? I laughed my @$$ off!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzf31suKzqg....

anyone want discuss this??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH.... this is awful. I hadn't seen him do that!! I've seen him with Wing Lam's Buk Siu Lum sets, but not this one.

Thanks Sean

I knew if anyone knew it would be you. thanks

Thank God

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH.... this is awful. I hadn't seen him do that!! I've seen him with Wing Lam's Buk Siu Lum sets, but not this one.
    I thought for a second you'd come on and say that was the "real authentic kung fu." I was thinking that if that was the real deal, give me SD any day.

That guy's a sifu?

I guess there are sifus in our system that are similar.

Hilarious

There are good and bad in all styles / schools/ systems.

It's thing to do a set. Anybody can. I can buy videos from "X" & do the set being shown on the DVD. Doesn't mean I 'know it'.

However when you study the style from the ground up that "X" came from, then you understand everything before you get to the set (ie... basics/fundamentals). Then when you perform it, you should look like 'you know it' & it should be obvious. There's a certain flow & natural understanding of the body involved. Not so much in that video or Jake's video.

The only people who will play that set (since that's the topic currently) properly are people from that branch of CLF... meaning the Lau Bun Hung Sing school, including DFW since he was a student of Lau Bun. Reason being?? Basics and proper transmission of the set.