View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 966 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696496596696796897610161066 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,490 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

[QUOTE=hskwarrior;1186064]THE 5 ANIMAL FORM TAUGHT BY SHAOLIN DO AND JAKE RYDBERG AKA JAKE MACE IS STOLEN AND PROPAGATED IN THE WORST UGLIEST MANNER AS WELL.
    [QUOTE]

I don't know Jake Mace (never even heard of him), but what are you accusing him of?

He "stole" information from a book? Did I steal from Leo Tolstoy when I just recalled the episode of Levin mowing wheat in Anna Karenina just now? Are all of our children thieves when we teach them to read, and worse, to remember the alphabet on cue? LOL.

Okay. So much for the theft charge. What's left after that accusation is trashed?

Let's boil this argument down to its particulars. You think that your teacher does a better job in video (and in book format) than Jake Mace, and that your teacher does his forms even prettier than Jake Mace. Because of this, your teacher is better and nobody should be able to compete with him in the particular market of this form. Your teacher, hands-down, does this form in the BEST PRETTIEST MANNER AS WELL.

I swear to god that I'm not trolling. This is literally your argument...you're just not smart enought to figure that out. If you feel that I'm making fun of you, then there is a reason--your argument is quite silly.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 09-05-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Let's boil this argument down to its particulars. You think that your teacher does a better job in video (and in book format) than Jake Mace, and that your teacher does his forms even prettier than Jake Mace. Because of this, your teacher is better and nobody should be able to compete with him in the particular market of this form. Your teacher, hands-down, does this form in the BEST PRETTIEST MANNER AS WELL..
    Actually, his point is Jake is A) missing some fundamental movements because the form shown in the books/video is incomplete and B) he doesn't have an indepth knowledge of the material or proper mechanics behind the movements.

Nice try, though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Define "authentic." For example: I think boobs are real, as long as I can touch them. But many other people define the "realness" of boobs according to some other subjective standard.

Video from Wookie's rhetoric class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvd3aEsThbc
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

I'll ask you then.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Actually, his point is Jake is A) missing some fundamental movements because the form shown in the books/video is incomplete and B) he doesn't have an indepth knowledge of the material or proper mechanics behind the movements.

Nice try, though.
    Since HSK doesn't want to answer for fear of revealing the true kung fu to the unwashed masses, I'll ask you since you seem to know.

1. What "fundamental" movements are missing and what makes a particular movement fundamental?

2. What mechanics are missing from Jake and present in the other vid? Generally speaking, what makes up proper body mechanics in kung fu?

See, I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that phrases like "firm rooting," and "proper mechanics," are code words for "I don't really know what I'm talking about and am unable to articulate it specifically." This is the same thing as saying that one can't define obscenity but knows it when one sees it. Seriously, if you who are the major critics on this board really know somethign that everyone else doesn't, share! Why hold back? Trade secrets? That's crap.

At least KC pointed out that Jake was bouncing at the bottom of his one-legged squat. I don't know whether that's an example of poor body mechanics but at least its a specific meaningful criticism; something that is conspicuously absent from the normal course of conclusory back seat kung-fuing that goes on around here.

Actually, I never bothered to learn that form as it did not interest me. More power to those that did, though. You can call me a loser if you like. That hurt. What have you ever done, really? hahahahah

English is Hard

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Sore As$ loser. LOLOLOLOL.. Stop Stealing forms that don't belong to you!!!!!
    Since Wookie's fairly lengthy remarks seem to have confused you, just answer the following simple question: If someone puts knowledge in a book and then sells it publically, how is it that a person who purchases that book and then uses the knowledge contained therein stealing?

BTW, we're assuming for the purposes of the argument that the form was from a book but I'm certain that Jake learned the form from Sin The and the Soards. Whether The learned it from a book, who the hell knows.

Clearly

what i've NEVER done is steal a form from another lineage then repackage and rename it hoping they never discover what i did. SUCKA.

LMAo.....your fake kung fu lineage practices gung fu taught out of a book and messed it up HORRIBLY because there wasn't a video yet. LMAO......
    Clearly you've won the interwebs.

It is not stealing if it is already in the public and once you have taken possession of it you can call it whatever you like. Where are you from, anyway? Do they have any intelligent life there? If you do not like it and you want to call me a loser, then trot your happy butt up to my dojo/kwoon/dojang/gym and we will work it out between us. Until then, you are the loser and a wimpy one, at that. **** off, troll boy.

Since jake tried to LIE about its source, its THEFT. he took something from US and isn't giving the credit to where its due. DOC FAI WONG'S BOOK. and the funniest thing is JAKE HAS THE **** ALL WRONG because he DID learn if from PICTURES. And we're laughing because he no clue. thats the result for never learning it from the source. oh wel.......as my sifu says...."I GOT MINE"
    Dude, you understand that Sin The took a **** ton from books, and passed it on as his own material, right? Even had these suckers brainwashed into thinking it was all original Shaolin before it all got wushu-ized.

I'm sure he learned it from a guy who learned it from Sin The who took it from a book.

I believe

I believe the originator of a style or form would want his / her art to be mimiced and copied and not hold it against someone who is trying to train in their principles and form. Some cant train with the so callled real masters and do the best they can. So I think Warrior should be happy that anyone wants to "steal" his or his systems forms. or form. so Just be happy and commend othhers for respecting and admiring the form so much that he/she wants to learn and teach it. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Typically The only time people get mad when someone mimics or copies something is because they cant make as much money as they would have. It has nothing to do with Honor or Right or Wrong it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ KC

I learned that form fom GMThe in 94, I would love to get it right , but I dont teach it but Love to train on it. KC

Even chopped up it is still an awesome form do not judge what we do by Jake , mine is far different from his , I do not put much into what I saw of his skill. KC

That is very gracious of you hsk.

Cool I will se ya next year I am hoping to be there then. KC will call