Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do breakups have effect on Martial Arts

Question Do breakups have effect on Martial Arts

Just broke up and I don't feel like training or moving or typing or asking this question but I need an Answer.

How long do you think this will last and is thier an answer for the way i feel in Chinese Zen?

Help.......

Please; I feel pathetic

and weak

like a white belt.......... no stripes.

Help.!!!!!!!!!!!
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses

Hey dude, breakups suck, but life goes on. Get your ass into class and train like you've never trained before. You want to stop feeling so down? Train so hard that you can't feel anything except the pain of the next technique.

Check out the last quote in my sig.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

It'll last for a good time if you were tight. Do some bagwork. Letting out aggression helps me with stress.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Thanks for the support.

My punching bag is a little Ghetto.

I hung it by intertubes thinking that i would'nt need any one to hold it.

I know I'm not supposed to axe kick the bag but I did and I broke the intertubes. Now my bag is a bean bag chair.
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses

do break ups effect your ma??.........

yes . break ups make you stronger emotionally and when you use that emotion to work out with as you're getting over it, your ma improves

spend time

Now that you don't have to spend time and effort ona relationship you can spend more time traing and reaching your goal fo being a sifu
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Training is propably a good way to try to get over it. But I wouldn't necessarily do qigong or meditation. The inward look just deepens the depression.

Originally posted by premier
    Training is propably a good way to try to get over it. But I wouldn't necessarily do qigong or meditation. The inward look just deepens the depression.
    That's not necessarily true, it depends on your practice. I can gain great peace with my Qi Gong.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

agreed! beyond the confusion and ill - self - take and anger etc is a nicely greener pasture of higher awareness, maturity and inner strength. Buy yourself a a boxing bag and take your feelings out on it until you're calm and peaceful.

Ps: feeling some hardcore workouts comming on for yourself

If you allow your emotions to reach excesses of depression you will deplete your Chi.

Don't let that happen, or you'll be taking some nasty herbal concotions in order to recover from the resulting imbalance.

Peace,
    Dawud

a break up is a very dynamic time
    you are both moving forwards
    so, use this dynamism, actually it can be a great time for training when looked at form the right perspective.
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

I myself dont think that the path of 'train and punch the bag to relieve your stress' is one to take. I would never use training as an option to get passed such emotional stress because I feel that by doing it you're simply trying to push away your problems by focusing on something else.
    I would meditate and handle my sadness with my mind. I would search for a clearness and unity within myself where I no longer felt sad by my breakup. The idea of punching your sorrows away is just a path of clouded minds and supressed feelings.

find an inner peace and then carry on with life.

craig

Word. Well said.

Plus what i said about excessive emotions draining chi and causing imbalance. That will effect your kung fu.

Peace,
    Dawud

You're missing the point. If a breakup makes you feel sad, why cast aside your training as well? Then you've lost two loves in quick succession.

Train the body hard, take thoughts from your mind while you train and keep yourself in shape and in skills. Your meditations then, the ones you use to sort through the emotions, will be a lot more effective.

One is not mutually exclusive to the other.

Probably the best way to get over a break up is to continue training. Like others have said, train even harder. I know for me, I am extremely happy when training.

Meditation will help. I meditate by praying to Allah. However you meditate will clear you mind and put you at ease. Don't run from the hurt either, live with it for a while. As the saying goes, time heals all wounds. Let time have a crack at it. But then again what do I know, I'm happily married........all stuck in this prison cell
    I dont fear the 1000 kicks you have trained once, I fear the 1 kick you have trained 1000 times--Shaolin Saying.