Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what are your quals??????

Question what are your quals??????

Been having a few discussions recently between ppl who've learnt, ppl who claim knowlege yet admit they haven't, and ppl who justy want to learn from what ever they can glean.

So what are your quals folks??

Where, how long and in what???

B

I think most of the people are students who like to learn something more.

Some have something to say.

Some are posting what they know best.

Some are posting to inform and help a little.

Some--

Some just want to be participants.

If you mention qual, a lot of folks or students will be silenced.

A lot of good teachers, not bothered to mention.

If you practice something long enough, you may have your understanding.

If you recite the classics and try to understand them via your practice, then you have some knowledge.

In short, if you have some interests in Kung Fu, beginner or seasoned practitioner, every body has qual to post.

It is my qual to shut up now.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-01-2004 at 09:31 PM.

Once I was asked what is my favorite book about Wushu.

Here is the link.

http://www.eze33.com/war/war.htm

Both I read them in Chinese. It is so weird to read in English.

I used to recite Sun Tzu 13 Chapters and over 6000 words.

Most of my teachers passed away.

Nobody is asking me to recite them any more.

Anyway.

It is said, Sun Tzu studied with a teacher and recited Tai Gong Bin Fa and Yellow Emperor's (Wo Qi Jing).

He was young and the first 4 words he wrote on a bamboo stick were San Bin Fa Mo.

Which means the best military move is to win by strategy.

With no soldier, you win.

With a few soldiers, you win.

With a greater number of men, of course you win.

How?

By using strategy.

These 4 words became 13 chapters in the most famous military sutra (Bin Su) in the world.

Yap, yap, I have to resume reciting them.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-01-2004 at 07:53 AM.

You are welcome to discuss any sentence in Sun Tzu.

Personally, Sun Tzu or Sun Wu or Sun Chan Qing.

His favorite books are Zhou Yi (Book of Change) and Lao Tzu's Dao De Jing (5000 words).

Zhou Yi is to learn how to change.

DDJ is to know Bin Xing.

Bin Xing, Bin Shi, Jun Xing, Jun Shi, Di Xing and Di Shi are important chapters.

Su Tzu Bin Fa was written for generals in the battlefield.

At that time, the text was written on bamboo sticks and tightened up with ropes. It is called Zhu Jian.

STBF was written many and many pages and then condensed to 6000 words. So that it may travel easily and lightly for generals in the field 2500 years ago in China.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-02-2004 at 07:32 AM.

firstly spj. hard core down and out wondering how to get through each new day with d*ck $$ and business to take care of, so drinking a lil more daily intake than perhaps is necc.....but to turn this thread into something ch'an is salutable offence so my hat's off ( if I was ever going to wear one ! ) :P

I'm going to sober up ( despite the alcho comments I'll no doubt get and couldn't today nor tommorow give half a poop about ) and doing a rehash.

cheers dude.

you're a constant source of sanity, and I dig it!

B

try getting a zone of death greeting on , and having your own momma beg you to ride limbo for 4 goddammed freakin weeks with lil prospect!!!!!!!!

cheers spj...owe you a lui cha and a meal min

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    firstly spj. hard core down and out wondering how to get through each new day with d*ck $$ and business to take care of, so drinking a lil more daily intake than perhaps is necc.....but to turn this thread into something ch'an is salutable offence so my hat's off ( if I was ever going to wear one ! ) :P

I'm going to sober up ( despite the alcho comments I'll no doubt get and couldn't today nor tommorow give half a poop about ) and doing a rehash.

cheers dude.

you're a constant source of sanity, and I dig it!

B

try getting a zone of death greeting on , and having your own momma beg you to ride limbo for 4 goddammed freakin weeks with lil prospect!!!!!!!!

cheers spj...owe you a lui cha and a meal min
    I like you. Really. But bragging about your alcaholism isn't cool, sis. We all have cr@ppy lives. We come here to argue about stuff totally unrelated to our miserable little lives. It helps to relieve the emotional stress and gives a boost of brain food for our otherwise listless minds to knaw on for a few minutes.

I understand where you're comming from. Most of these bozos don't, and don't want to. Letting them know the finer details is just asking for'em to flame you. They are guys. They get a kick out of saying things designed only to get you ranting. Don't fall for it!

Besides, It'd be funny to watch'em bait you and be stumped when they can't sucker you.

Becca
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Woah, open a window! It stinks of oestrogen in here!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Just where did you put you face to get a wiff of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Originally posted by Becca
    Just where did you put you face to get a wiff of that?
    Funny stuff.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

No life is great ........... I just don't think I'm going to live to to see much more of it , and to be honest, I have nothing to hide anyway. The ego boosting face saving thing , the boys can keep. I'm just going to go ahead and share my experience as it happens. On that note, if I stop posting in few days, that'll more than likely explain it

cheers
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 10-02-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    No life is great ...
    Mine is. I'm thankful for every day I get.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

my qualifications to give advice?

that's a fair question I suppose.. I hope you'll do the same.

folkstyle wrestling: - k thru college.

boxing: taught by my father and grandfather who were mid west golden gloves champs. came back to boxing in the military and boxed at Camp Lejeune. during the same time I got interested in american kickboxing and pursued it to a small degree.

Kungfu: 1990-1999 Shaolin Longfist, JowGa, Chen taiji and qigong.

San Shou: Started in 1996 after watching the 1995 world championship. fought in practically every tournament in the country at the time and fought and trained with fighters like Julio Trujilo, Dan Garret, Aaron Honeycutt. moved away from my team in 1999, but have recently rejoined a team and have begun training to fight again under TLI.

Judo: 3+ years and continuing. competing regularly. sankyu rank. currently training under South Korean national champion and 2000 Olympic alternate.

BJJ: 3+ years and continuing (TLI). blue belt

MMA: training 6 mo. under Team Lloyd Irvin

Muay thai: 6 mo. under TLI
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

BL;

The first post is asking about qual, how long and what?

If you read the biography of Sun Tzu, which is thought to be the generals of all generals.

It took him a whole life of study, playing chess of the 19 lines, Yin Yang 361 changes, think the think, walk the walk, fight the fight, ---

He has the qual and write the Bin Su.

I was trying to tell a story about him and his qual.

Peace.

I like general Guang Gong, Bismark, Winston Churchill, and many more.

Read any bio's and their qual's???

Last edited by SPJ; 10-02-2004 at 07:44 AM.

qual????? whast that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Aaron Honeycutt - man I reffed him in a Shuai chiao competition and helped score his BB test CSC. The guys a stellar athlete and a really, really nice guy. Had a long chat at the after party discussing fight strategy. Despite his skill and ability, he was all about the learning...

What ever happened to that guy?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star